Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Site Title
pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 17:34 
No ...i promise you, I have MaygaMoneyGettaz set it Systems Settings, system name

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 17:36 
Now Im still clicking in and out of templates trying to find the one that says YOUR NAME because thats what at the top of my site. ALso clicked all the blog templates, i e blog search, blog_f blog_h and it doesnt say all the stuff Brian or who ever has written in my blog, i want to replace all that and cant. want to change my site name and cant. But I was able to click on Evolution.css or somthin and changed the bkgd color and the links color...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 17:42 

pharill:
Now Im still clicking in and out of templates trying to find the one that says YOUR NAME because thats what at the top of my site. ALso clicked all the blog templates, i e blog search, blog_f blog_h and it doesnt say all the stuff Brian or who ever has written in my blog, i want to replace all that and cant. want to change my site name and cant. But I was able to click on Evolution.css or somthin and changed the bkgd color and the links color...

Lets take them 1 at a time:

1. From the Admin Control Panel, click on "Delete Message" in the Admin Blog section - you can delete the default admin blog message there, as it is not part of any template.

2. Go into the Jamroom Tools -> Edit Templates, and in the "Search Templates" field, put in "Welcome to" - this will significantly narrow down the choices of templates that might contain the string you are looking to change.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

- Brian

KPM

Posted: 01/25/07 17:43 
Hi Pharill,
you wrote:

Quote:
Now Im still clicking in and out of templates trying to find the one that says YOUR NAME because thats what at the top of my site. ALso clicked all the blog templates, i e blog search, blog_f blog_h and it doesnt say all the stuff Brian or who ever has written in my blog,

Why are you looking at templates? You need to look in your admin menu on the left to achieve the above changes. Click in and out of the links in your admin menu and I think you will begin to see what is going on. Wink

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 17:48 
home/maygzcom/public_html/skins/Evolution/index_header.tpl where does this display on the site? this is what showed up under welcome to

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 17:55 

pharill:
home/maygzcom/public_html/skins/Evolution/index_header.tpl where does this display on the site? this is what showed up under welcome to

If that contains the text you are looking for, then it is the "master header" for the Evolution skin, so you would want to make your changes to that file.

- Brian

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 17:57 
no, it didnt contain the YOUR NAME, I was just wondering where it would show up on the site... Could I CREATE...the skins/Evolution/jr_overall_header??? by just putting that in the create template?

KPM

Posted: 01/25/07 17:57 
pharill

Quote:
home/maygzcom/public_html/skins/Evolution/index_header.tpl where does this display on the site?

This is a header template it will be called with each page viewed at your site.
To change the output of this template in regards to the title of your site simply log in to your jamroom admin click on Jamroom Config -> then System Settings -> then edit System Name.
When you have changed your setting for the system name it will show up at the top of your page.

Hope this helps (it will get easier as you play around with it Wink )

Regards
Kirk

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 17:59 
thanks but I have done this KPM, right now as we all discuss this matter, the name I WANT for my site is in the System Name box, updated it, and still nothing has happend ever since big and I started this conversation.

KPM

Posted: 01/25/07 18:02 
Do you have a link to your site pharill that might help to throw some light on the subject for us.

Thanks
Kirk

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 18:02 

pharill:
thanks but I have done this KPM, right now as we all discuss this matter, the name I WANT for my site is in the System Name box, updated it, and still nothing has happend ever since big and I started this conversation.

Something is not working then - feel free to send me your Jamroom login via PM and I'll log in to your site and check it out.

Thanks!

- Brian

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 18:10 
I sent it to you Big did you get my info?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 18:16 
I haven't received anything yet... Did you send it as a PM?

- Brian

pharill

Posted: 01/25/07 18:35 
Yeah I pmd you twice

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 18:44 
I'm not seeing any problem with the title - it's got your domain in it. What did you want it to say?

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core