Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Regenerate All [3.0.26] - Hey KPM :)
Dazed

Posted: 01/27/07 06:20 
Brian -

I am still having a slight issue with the regenerate all. I made some mods to my side.tpl file and if I regenerate the artists pages individually, the update is visible but not if I redo all.

Example -

Under Featured Artsist, hit the Play Button on both of these. KPM's player will popup and connect on the first band but not on the second.

http://www.guitaristworks.com/bands/10/
http://www.guitaristworks.com/bands/239/

Thanks,
Dazed

Last edited by Dazed on 01/27/07 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/27/07 09:26 

Dazed:
Brian -

I am still having a slight issue with the regenerate all. I made some mods to my side.tpl file and if I regenerate the artists pages individually, the update is visible but not if I redo all.

Example -

Under Featured Artsist, hit the Play Button on both of these. KPM's player will popup and connect on the first band but not on the second.

http://www.guitaristworks.com/bands/10/
http://www.guitaristworks.com/bands/239/

Thanks,
Dazed

I can see that the "express_spotlight" function in the Featured Artist on the second page does not have a play URL - you'll want to check to ensure that it is using the properl URL. Note that since you are embedding it in the side.tpl (not a song config template), then your "normal" variables like $SONG_HIFI_PLAY will not work.

Moving to 3rd party so KPM can help you sort out the proper variable to use in the side.tpl.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 01/27/07 10:33 
Thanks Bigguy.

KPM

Posted: 01/27/07 17:04 

Quote:
I can see that the "express_spotlight" function in the Featured Artist on the second page does not have a play URL - you'll want to check to ensure that it is using the properl URL. Note that since you are embedding it in the side.tpl (not a song config template), then your "normal" variables like $SONG_HIFI_PLAY will not work.

Moving to 3rd party so KPM can help you sort out the proper variable to use in the side.tpl.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Hi Brian,
We sorted out which variable to use yesterday being that spotlight ranking is a skins directory file we used {$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL} which is what is working on the artist page we can listen to.
If it works in that one artist page why wouldn't the code be regenerated on the rest of the artist pages. Are we still saying that when we do a regenerate artist pages that it won't work becuase it's in the side.tpl file and that the regeneration will ignor the {$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL} link info?

Thanks
Regards
Kirk

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/27/07 17:07 

KPM:

Quote:

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Hi Brian,
We sorted out which variable to use yesterday being that spotlight ranking is a skins directory file we used {$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL} which is what is working on the artist page we can listen to.
If it works in that one artist page why wouldn't the code be regenerated on the rest of the artist pages. Are we still saying that when we do a regenerate artist pages that it won't work becuase it's in the side.tpl file and that the regeneration will ignor the {$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL} link info?

Thanks
Regards
Kirk

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean - how are you getting that variable in the side.tpl? are you embedding a call to ranking.php them saving the output to a variable? If you show me the template code for that section I might be able to help, since I can see the play url is not being set.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 01/27/07 17:14 
Here is the code for the side.tpl...I will pm you the other since it is proprietary.

side.tpl

Code

<div class="head-2">&raquo; Featured Spotlight Artist</div>
<div class="body-2">
{jr_array name="quota_id" key="0" value="2"}
{jr_array name="quota_id" key="1" value="3"}
{jr_ranking mode="spotlight" quota_id=$quota_id row_template="jr_ranking_ind_spotlight.tpl"}
</div>
<div class="spacer-side">
</div>

KPM

Posted: 01/27/07 17:19 
The variable is implanted in the side.tpl template like this.
{$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL}
The information that variable gives us is then read by the Pop-Up Player.

It works on one artist page so Dazed regenerated all his artist pages but did not get the result we thought we should have got. IE a spotlight play from an artist page.
The player is ok the information from the {$SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL} is not being presented for some reason.

Thanks for this mate
and also the recent 3.026 upgrade my clients love the new admin templates Smile
Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/27/07 17:27 
hmm.. I hate to see you using an embedded spotlight call, since that's such a heavy hitter.. is the goal to just get a random song from those 2 quota_id's?

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 01/27/07 17:28 

bigguy:
hmm.. I hate to see you using an embedded spotlight call, since that's such a heavy hitter.. is the goal to just get a random song from those 2 quota_id's?

- Brian

yes

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/27/07 17:30 
I think that should work as it is though - let me test it here and see what's up.

Thanks!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/27/07 17:34 
I think part of the problem here is that there are no checks in the jr_ranking_ind_spotlight.tpl file to see if a HIFI or LOFI song exists before showing the play button - I just tested it here and am seeing the links show properly. I'd recommend something like:

Code

{if strlen($SONG_HIFI_PLAY_URL) > 0}
... show the HIFI player popup ...
{/if}

Let me know if that helps..

Thanks!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 01/30/07 17:48 
you know this is still not making sense. Kirk is working on it still but can someone explain why this would do this?

I have a file that has basically the same code as the jr_ranking_spotlight_tpl file as far as the player/links are concerned. I am using the code in a the side.tpl file to spotlight members. When I regenerate all, the HS/LS play links appear as a dash (-) on the side.tpl. If I regenerate from the artist control panel everything appears correctly.

What I am more confused about is on the main index page where the jr_ranking_spotlight_tpl file is called, the HS/LS links are displaying fine.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dazed

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/30/07 17:49 

Dazed:
you know this is still not making sense. Kirk is working on it still but can someone explain why this would do this?

I have a file that has basically the same code as the jr_ranking_spotlight_tpl file as far as the player/links are concerned. I am using the code in a the side.tpl file to spotlight members. When I regenerate all, the HS/LS play links appear as a dash (-) on the side.tpl. If I regenerate from the artist control panel everything appears correctly.

What I am more confused about is on the main index page where the jr_ranking_spotlight_tpl file is called, the HS/LS links are displaying fine.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dazed

Kirk sent me his player to do some testing, so I'll be doing some testing here to see if I can duplicate the issue. If I can't, I'll contact you and see if I can get access to your site for testing, if that is OK with you.

Thanks!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/30/07 17:50 
I moved this over the bugs forum - I'm not sure if it is a bug or not, but being here it will stay on my radar better Wink

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 01/30/07 17:54 
No problem Brian. You should have my access info still but if not let me know and I will resend.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Dazed

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core