Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Introducing EMPlayer GEN3 With Buy Now Buttons!
KPM

Posted: 01/31/07 06:26 
wwb
I have been testing this issue by recreating it at my site. For some reason a syntax or parsing error within these ' ' quotes is causing the php error reporting to freeze the regeneration of artist pages process.

To fix this I found that I have to
1) upload my repaired files
2) Reset my enviroment entity settings to ISO-8859-1 (if you already have this setting change it to the jamroom Default UTF-Cool
3) Regenerate artist pages. (From master Admin)
You should be good to go.

I am in touch with Brian about this to work out what needs attention my code or the error log process.

Customers who have purchased the player set after the initial fix haven't reported these problems as of yet and I believe that is because there are no syntax or parsing errors in the new files.

Thanks for your patience wwb hope this works (it has resolved the issues on my site)

Regards
Kirk

dionsis

Posted: 01/31/07 07:53 
hey KPM

havnt made any changes today yet

www.goldenplec.com

try run an audio stream to view the player

any idea????

wwb

Posted: 01/31/07 09:14 
Have you sent me a fixed version yet?
Or can download it somewhere?

KPM

Posted: 01/31/07 13:59 

Quote:
hey KPM

havnt made any changes today yet

www.goldenplec.com

try run an audio stream to view the player

any idea????

Hi dionsis,
The player script call is missing from the skins/Cobalt/jr_overall header.tpl file.
Put it back in and you should be right to go.

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

KPM

Posted: 01/31/07 14:02 

wwb:
Have you sent me a fixed version yet?
Or can download it somewhere?

Hi wwb,
just to be on the safe side download the latest version from the Upgrades forum at my boards http://www.mp3express.com.au/phpBB2/

Thanks
Regards
Kirk

wwb

Posted: 01/31/07 14:22 
Krik,
I have downloaded the latest update, uploaded and regenerated. I still have the same issues in Firefox browser.
The only thing I can think of it only allow IE user to browse the site.

KPM

Posted: 01/31/07 14:37 

wwb:
Krik,
I have downloaded the latest update, uploaded and regenerated. I still have the same issues in Firefox browser.
The only thing I can think of it only allow IE user to browse the site.

Did you follow this proceedure
To fix this I found that I have to
1) upload my repaired files
2) Reset my enviroment entity settings to ISO-8859-1 (if you already have this setting change it to the jamroom Default UTF-8
3) Regenerate artist pages. (From master Admin)
You should be good to go.
If you did let me know and I will have a look at the firefox issues to night. I have not seen any firefox issues from my end.
Thanks wwb

Regards
Kirk

wwb

Posted: 01/31/07 15:05 
OK , I did download your upgrade from the site and uploaded the files. I change the text back to default too.

same errors:
[30-Jan-2007 14:38:02] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /**/**/**/**/**/templates/login/login_note_-1.tpl line 3]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: color: #FFFFFF; (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 439) in /home/wwb/domains/worldwidebeats.net/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
[30-Jan-2007 09:24:08] PHP Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to *****:80 in /**/****/***/********/*****l/include/snoopy/Snoopy.class.php on line 1150

Maybe I get someone to try a member account with a firefox browser.

KPM

Posted: 01/31/07 15:15 

Quote:
Maybe I get someone to try a member account with a firefox browser.

I'll try that out for you tonight when I get done with work.

Thanks wwb
Regards
Kirk

KPM

Posted: 02/01/07 03:59 

wwb:
I wrote Kirk about this issue I am having and issue with Firefox, maybe someone can help me out. I am using this new player and this is the deal:

So the visitor works fine in Firefox browser, it plays a 40 second sample ( correct).
Now,I made a member account and it seems it still plays the same 40 seconds sample (only in firefox) when it should be playing the full track.

wwb I signed up while using a firefox browser. When logged into my member account I am able to stream the whole track Wink

Quote:

Also, in firefox the HS doesn't seem to work, but once again it only seems to be in firefox.
Just seems firefox has some issues. Like I said works fine as a visitor,only LS allowed due to my settings, but when I log in a member account HS doesn't work and the default 40 second sample only plays not the full track

Have you fixed this ... I saw no problems with the hifi link or the playing of it once I logged in Smile

wwb this error

Quote:
same errors:
[30-Jan-2007 14:38:02] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /**/**/**/**/**/templates/login/login_note_-1.tpl line 3]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: color: #FFFFFF; (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 439) in /home/wwb/domains/worldwidebeats.net/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
[30-Jan-2007 09:24:08] PHP Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to *****:80 in /**/****/***/********/*****l/include/snoopy/Snoopy.class.php on line 1150

doesn't appear to be related to the player issue that presented itself with my first player set files.

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

wwb

Posted: 02/01/07 05:20 
Kirk,
Thanks for testing it out for me. I guess my browser is giving me issues. I tried clearing everything as well as restarting.

geeray

Posted: 02/03/07 20:00 
To: Krik,

You and your assoiciates have created an excellent secured
media player. Installing the files went without any problems.

Question: Is your team considering placing a buy button
on the radio media player.

This powerful feature would really provide our artists with
a greater opportunity to increase their sales.

The buy button does appear went we are streaming music from
our music library, but does not appear when streaming from our
Internet radio station.

Our Best Regards,

geeray

KPM

Posted: 02/03/07 21:30 

geeray:
To: Krik,

You and your assoiciates have created an excellent secured
media player. Installing the files went without any problems.

Question: Is your team considering placing a buy button
on the radio media player.

This powerful feature would really provide our artists with
a greater opportunity to increase their sales.

The buy button does appear went we are streaming music from
our music library, but does not appear when streaming from our
Internet radio station.

Our Best Regards,

geeray

Thank you geeray Smile
Currently I have requested that the vault variables be added to the jamroom charting system .. hopefully Brian will help us there.

The radio add to car buttons would actually be very difficult. Firstly the vault variables are not available to this section of jamroom as far as I know and the player at this point in time has no way of refreshing the output as each radio track plays. I agree with you though it would certianly be very benificial to an artist Wink
I will add this to my things to do list so that as my knowledge grows I may be able to present some where in the not too distant future Smile

Don't forget to register here
http://www.mp3express.com.au/phpBB2/ and send me your user name and who you are so that I can set up your permissions there. If you would like the free Cache Security fix file send me your site url for confirmation and I will set that up for you as well.

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

geeray

Posted: 02/05/07 16:56 
Thanks for the quick reply!

We will monitor any changes which may
occurr in the near future with respect to the
media player.

Our Best Regards,

geeray

KPM

Posted: 02/08/07 01:04 
Just a quick update folks.

Recently we had an issue in which I thought my security system was causing issues with JR 3.0.26.
Brian has very kindly tested the GEN3 SecuritySystem template set for me and reported that he has found nothing un-toward in my most recent release when using it on his system.

How ever he did pick up on some things that may cause minor problems in regards to the lack of the "ecape quotes function" on some of the variables in the player templates. I have now fixed this for GEN3 & GEN2 template sets and they are currently available for download from the upgrade forums here http://www.mp3express.com.au/phpBB2/

Also I have opened a new forum for Feature Requests here
http://www.mp3express.com.au/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=1ed7439af268644e210330dd03aa9bfb
and I will begin work shortly on upgrading the GEN3 template sets to include more variables to facilitate the easy production of new skins for the pop-up window so as to parse other functional includes to the pop-up window when it opens. Things like featured artist links ect.
This will be a free upgrade for all GEN3 users once I am satisfied it is ready for release.

I hope this helps and I thank you for your continued support Wink
Regards
Kirk

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products