Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
How To: Integrate Jamroom with Mambo CMS : UPDATED 03/19/05
pleclair

Posted: 01/31/05 08:05 
No, using IE, but in Mambo, under the Global Configuration, you can set a default editor, I had played around with it, but couldn't get a decent editor to work properly, so I downloaded HTMLArea3_XTD_v0.9_for_Mambo_v4.5.1.zip.

It works nicely now..

pleclair

Posted: 01/31/05 08:31 

werkkrew:
Dont jump the gun.

Start by explaining what about the spotlight module doesnt work

Then tell me exactly what you are looking to do with rank or rating

Well, I guess I was assuming the rank folder had something to do with why my Artist Spotlight Module isn't working. But actually from what I understant the rank stuff including your Javascript is simply to use Sortable Ranking on something, I'm not quite at that point in my site design yet, but will plan on implementing that werkkrew_SRT soon.

So I still don't know why my Spotlight or Band Rating modules don't work. I don't think their issues are related though.

The Band Rating Module is blank and I suspect it has something to do with having no data to pull from, where is the band rating data stored? There is no actual place a user can rate a band is there? If so I don't see it. (Does Jamroom only use song plays to calculate band rating? or can you rate a band?) I suspect that's the problem with the Band Rating..

As for the Spotlight Artist Module, it doesn't display anything for me.

If I use an IFRAME and use a link to Spotlight query, it works, but if I try to display it on my frontpage along with the content items that are there, it removes all the content on my frontpage, i.e.: My content items disappear but the IFRAME stays.

Maybe this is a Mambo thing, like modules take precedence over content items, or that you can't share the same space with modules and content items.. I'm really not sure.

Man once you start to customize, you can't stop! It's addictive!
Again, thanks for all the great help you guys, surely someone will find this stuff useful in the future...

Pleclair

johnypneumo

Posted: 01/31/05 09:43 
what module position are you placing the iframe ? and have you tried to see what it looks like using a diff mambo template,just as a test ? the mambo template your using might not support the top module position - hence its pushing other content out of the way.

Posted: 01/31/05 10:17 
I tried the module in various positions User1,Top, but anytime I put it anywhere all the modules and content disapear.
I'm using Solarflare template, just modified vairous colours and images..

I'm not sure what it will modify if I change templates, hopefully reverting back doesn't write and changes to the .css files.. Do you think it's the template?

I noticed the module positions page, is there anything I can do to create a new position, I'm guessing that would involve serious modifications to the template files as well..

Thx

johnypneumo

Posted: 01/31/05 11:18 
Its completely safe to try another template,theres about 4 or 5 that come as standard with mambo 4.5.1 .,try clicking one of the others then select it as default.,i mention this because all your module positions are governed by the template,have a look Wink you can allways revert back with 1 click almost .

Posted: 01/31/05 11:36 

Quote:
The Band Rating Module is blank and I suspect it has something to do with having no data to pull from, where is the band rating data stored? There is no actual place a user can rate a band is there? If so I don't see it. (Does Jamroom only use song plays to calculate band rating? or can you rate a band?) I suspect that's the problem with the Band Rating..

This is probably because the band rating module shows the top rated bands, and if no band has a rating, then it wont find any to list.

As far as the spotlight one, im not sure, im using the exact version that is currently posted on my site with no problems.

There are constraints on what it will display as a spotlighted artist.

Off the top of my head, the artist must have at least one song, an image, and a description.

www.werktheweb.com

werkkrew

Posted: 01/31/05 11:40 
I dont think its the template, but make sure that where you are trying to place it has an existing module position in the template and also that there is enough room for it.

Open the template index.php and look for this stuff:

Code

<?php mosLoadModules ( 'user1' ); ?

user1 being the modules it will load at that part of the template code.

That will give you an idea of what module positions your template uses.

If you need to, create a custom place which will fit the spotlight module and a custom module position like user8 or something.

It might be getting pushed out of the way because the spotlight module creates a table with a width of like 450 or something and it throws your layout all out of wack

www.werktheweb.com

werkkrew

Posted: 02/05/05 05:05 
I updated and fixed the two template mods I had.

werkkrew SRT is now designed for ranking.php, not the old jamroom rank.php

werkkrew SCT works now, I dont think it did before.

There are some minor tweaks and adjustments made to both of these, but overall they work the same as before

They are based on the default templates for jamroom, I did not customize the look and feel of them at all.

Let me know how they work for you.

www.werktheweb.com

pleclair

Posted: 02/06/05 07:53 
Hey The new Modules work great! All my problems went away after I uploaded my site to an Apache ISP! ...all except for 1, which has been affecting me since I started using this.

Quote:
This is probably because the band rating module shows the top rated bands, and if no band has a rating, then it wont find any to list.

For some reason, I don't think my Bands have a "Rating"...
The SRT works great but doesn't display naything when I select to sort by band rating.. Also, Band Rating Module on FrontPage is always empty.

My question is where do bands get a rating from? Unlike songs, there isn't a place a user can rate a band. I suspect that's why my ratings are empty..

Werkkrew started to answer, but please give me more details, where do bands get this rating data from? Why would mine be empty?

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks
Paul Razz
http://www.indyreview.net

werkkrew

Posted: 02/06/05 08:02 
I had the same problem...you have to add the link yourself in the templates.

Only some of the newer templates have the option.

One easy way to test my theory would be to use the mode on the hottest band module that shows a "Rate This Band" link

Click that and rate a band

Then see if they show up in the other places.

www.werktheweb.com

pleclair

Posted: 02/07/05 15:07 
I'll try it out, definately sounds like the problem, I knew there wasn't an entry by default, because I looked everywhere!

I'm having another issue though, not a serious one..
Again, about the spotlight module..

How is the spotlight artist calculated?
It doesn't seem to be using "#plays" or anything, because I have an artist on my spotlight page who is brand new, and has very limited plays, how does that happen? And how can I fix it to show only "top rated" artists?

Thanks
Paul

pleclair

Posted: 02/07/05 15:15 
Come to think of it, would the Spotlight Artist use the same data that I seem to be missing? And therefore simply pick a random band since they all have the same rank (i.e. None)..

That might make some sense now if it's true..
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/07/05 15:26 

pleclair:

How is the spotlight artist calculated?

Paul -

the spotlight artist is a random artist picked from ALL artists who are part of a quota that has "Allow Spotlight" set to "yes". It does not do any "weighting" based on other criteria.

If you would like to create a "spotlight" of the artists with the most song plays, check out the "random" option to the "band" mode in "order=5".

Check out the Ranking docs here:

http://www.jamroom.net/docs/doku.php?id=guides:using_ranking

Hope this helps!

- Brian

pleclair

Posted: 02/07/05 17:14 
Okay, got that solved.. (I'm probably getting a little off the forum topic now, and looks like the past few also, so one last one in here..)

I'm reading the document on rating.php and am not sure what template to integrate it into.. I'd like to integrate in somewhere near the artist's image, and have it pop-up to rate the artist.. I'm just not too sure what template file that is..

I see song_blahblah.tpl, also see a comon_footer.tpl, but no common_header.tpl or anything that looks like the proper template for that area of the page.

What is the main .tpl file responsible for that area of the page?
Thanks
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/07/05 17:22 

pleclair:
Okay, got that solved.. (I'm probably getting a little off the forum topic now, and looks like the past few also, so one last one in here..)

I'm reading the document on rating.php and am not sure what template to integrate it into.. I'd like to integrate in somewhere near the artist's image, and have it pop-up to rate the artist.. I'm just not too sure what template file that is..

I see song_blahblah.tpl, also see a comon_footer.tpl, but no common_header.tpl or anything that looks like the proper template for that area of the page.

What is the main .tpl file responsible for that area of the page?
Thanks
Paul

The header templates for each of the Artists "sub pages" are called (typically) "music_header.tpl", "about_header.tpl", etc. (just look for the header files EXECPT song_header.tpl - thats the header part for the song info section).

Going forward when I create new themse I will likely go for a "common_header.tpl", which makes it easier.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

< Previous12345...89101112131415Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core