Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
How To: Integrate Jamroom with Mambo CMS : UPDATED 03/19/05
Pitufo

Posted: 04/04/05 23:00 
did you gys get it to work im trying to find a way to merge my jamroom with a new install of mambo and an install of the phpbb compnent for mambo, if someone could give me a heads up on how to do this and how to get it so that when someone registers for a jamroom account they get added both to phpbb and mambo, but when tnhey sing up for a phpbb/.mambo account they dont get added to jamrrom thanx for the help

werkkrew

Posted: 04/05/05 08:57 
Personally, I recommend simpleboard.

It integrates into mambo much more smoothly.

www.werktheweb.com

rgnelson

Posted: 04/05/05 12:17 
No, I never got it working. I have played with the post user file and have broken it at least 50 different ways.
The post user script works great with mos and jamroom only. No problems.
Mos with the phpbb component works great together (just those two).
It's when you have the three working together. The person that put the component together for phpbb has done something that the post user script doesn't like.
The post user script adds each new user as id 0. Once there is an id 0 you will get a mysql error that the id is already there. It is not moving to the next available id.
I would like to use the phpbb component inside mos.

werkkrew

Posted: 04/05/05 14:10 
As I said, i will work on a file for this application, but since I myself do not use this combination, I have no testing platform or basis for development.

It shouldnt be that hard to do however.

www.werktheweb.com

rgnelson

Posted: 04/05/05 14:52 
I have tied some things but I don't fully understand the code.
I will look into simple board or run phpbb outside mambo.
I't just one of those things that would be cool to have.
I appreciate what you have done with the modules.
Thanks,
RGNelson

Pitufo

Posted: 04/05/05 17:00 
well all im looking for is a way to add the users to mambo and to a forum when they sign up for a regular user account, and the hve an option to sign up fomr jamroom, when they sign up for jamroom then they get a jamrrom forum and mambo account, you see it doenst have to be phpbb , it be better with smf but i dont know how to get it to work

xfactor

Posted: 05/16/05 05:12 
I am trying to get the wrapper to work in mambo 4.5, No Luck!! Looked at the documentation at http://www.allmambo.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=1 and it seems to have changed in this new version of mambo. I used wrappers in phpnuke and xoops, so I am somewhat familiar on how they work. Just cant figure this one out. I noticed in a prior posting that someone was having issues with the wrapper included in mambo 4.5. Is this still an issue? If so, can someone tell me (or post) the download for the old wrapper module? (Also, if someone can point me to some "new" mambo 4.5 documentation that will explain how to use this integrated wrapper)

Thanks,
Xfactor

xfactor

Posted: 05/16/05 06:20 
Does anyone know of a good site that I can download modules and templates? I have tried www.mambohut.com for templates; found some pretty cool ones there. Still looking for additional modules.

Xfactor

johnypneumo

Posted: 05/18/05 23:43 

rgnelson:
I have tied some things but I don't fully understand the code.
I will look into simple board or run phpbb outside mambo.
I't just one of those things that would be cool to have.
I appreciate what you have done with the modules.
Thanks,
RGNelson

i have managed to seperate my forum from mambo successfully,
i had to convert mos_users to phpbb_users, , as you said i too broke it about 50 times,.. tho my 51st attmpt it worked Smile
so maybe i can help somehow ?

Posted: 05/19/05 06:34 
What I ended up doing is install and run phpbb outside of mambo. I integrated coppermine gallery with phpbb. I then created a new post_user.php file with just 2 includes; one for post_user_mos.php and one for post_user_phpbb. This way when a user signs up for Jamroom, they become a user in jamroom, phpbb, coppermine and mambo.
What did you come up with?

ejcdke

Posted: 06/08/05 11:10 
I was fooling around with components today and realized that if we made a mombot that handeled Smarty variables we could integrate Jamroom into Mambo pretty easily. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

rgnelson

Posted: 06/08/05 11:17 
No, but I'll help.

bamboodreams

Posted: 06/19/05 10:08 

ramz:
I tried installing the New Music module, but ran into a snag when I set it up to reference the jamroom db, which is different from the mambo db... anyway, once I published the module into the left portlet, all the other modules that are in that portlet began outputting error messages about not being able to find db data in the jamroom db, as if they all inherited the db settings of the New Music module somehow... ...

The culprit is the code below (line #52 in newsongs module, but is present in most modules)

Code
mysql_select_db($db_name, $db) or die ("Cannot connect to database");

This effectively switches the database, and when any other mambo modules use the $database class, which doesnt qualify the sql executions with dbname, it runs the sqls against the jamroom database, and you get an error. I am yet to figure out an easy way to fix this issue. Ofcourse, one can issue another select_db call for the mambo DB. Is this the right thing to do? anyone else has a solution?

bamboodreams

Posted: 06/19/05 11:07 
see the previous post for a description of the problem.

I resolved the issue by appending dbname to the tablenames ($db_name.<table_name>) to all the queries in the module, and commented out the mysql_select_db call.

To support both same and other db the prefix can be conditionally defined as either blank or db name

Code
if (!$useDatabase ) {
  $dbprefix = '';
}
else
{
  $dbprefix = $db_name.'.';
}

any other ideas?

rgnelson

Posted: 06/19/05 14:19 
I would like to check out the New Music Module. Can you post a link to it?
Thanks

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

< Previous12345...1112131415Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons