Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
How To: Integrate Jamroom with Mambo CMS : UPDATED 03/19/05
mom2nine

Posted: 06/23/05 18:09 
I'm coming into this thread kind of late, could someone give me the place to download the latest version of the mods for integrating jamroom and Mambo? I downloaded the ones from the start of this thread, but got an error (no XML file) message. I'm assuming from the discussion that there's a later one somewhere... I am SO relieved to see this integration is feasible, what a treat!

your spirits, check out http://rosebowen.com
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/23/05 19:05 

mom2nine:
I'm coming into this thread kind of late, could someone give me the place to download the latest version of the mods for integrating jamroom and Mambo? I downloaded the ones from the start of this thread, but got an error (no XML file) message. I'm assuming from the discussion that there's a later one somewhere... I am SO relieved to see this integration is feasible, what a treat!

You'll find a nice guide and download available here:

http://www.jamroom.net/docs/doku.php?id=guides:mambo

Hope this helps!

- Brian

rgnelson

Posted: 06/24/05 05:39 
Brian,
I was wondering if you had a chance to look at this template file and the way it connects to the database?

Quote:
WerkkreW Sortable Calendar System

Copy the contents of this zip file into your /jamroom/templates/calendar folder.

Its only one file, default_header.tpl

This will create the ability for your users to use your calendar system to sort by various fields, such as per month, per artist, or per artist per month.

Please Note: You must edit the “default_header.tpl” file as it connects to the database

The appearance of this template is based on ranking.css, so you must edit that to get the desired look and feel, the idea was that the ranking and the calendar should match. Or you can change which stylesheet it uses.

Thanks

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/24/05 05:42 

rgnelson:
Brian,
I was wondering if you had a chance to look at this template file and the way it connects to the database?

Quote:

Copy the contents of this zip file into your /jamroom/templates/calendar folder.

This will create the ability for your users to use your calendar system to sort by various fields, such as per month, per artist, or per artist per month.

Please Note: You must edit the “default_header.tpl” file as it connects to the database

The appearance of this template is based on ranking.css, so you must edit that to get the desired look and feel, the idea was that the ranking and the calendar should match. Or you can change which stylesheet it uses.

Thanks

Actually I have - unfortunately I don't have good news to report (yet), but I'm trying to get the DB to connect automatically. The problem is that the Jamroom libraries are meant to be sourced from the jamroom main directory (not the theme directory), so I am working on a way to get it to work.

I'm glad you posted this here as I was trying to find the other thread where this was discussed so I could give an update but couldn't find it.

I'll have an updated version out pretty soon here though.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

rgnelson

Posted: 06/24/05 05:54 
Thank you! Very Happy

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/24/05 07:00 

rgnelson:
Brian,

Quote:

Thanks

Okay - I'm finally getting around to looking at this, I I think I am bit confused. What I have been working on is the "FaceBlaster Edition" artist theme from the theme contest that Werkkrew submitted - I've got it updated so you'll no longer need to enter the DB info.

Since I can't find any "default_header.tpl" file in the theme, I'm guessing it is this mambo integration that you are talking about (for some reason I remember this being in another thread?).

I don't run Mambo so I am not sure what I'll be able to do, but I'll check it out. Maybe werkkrew could offer some assistance.

Thanks!

- Brian

rgnelson

Posted: 06/24/05 07:21 
Sorry for the confusion.
It is from the Mambo integration stuff.
It's just one file: /templates/calendar/default_header.tpl
It's not a Mambo thing - its a template header and the way it connects to the db.

It's from this how to in the docs:
If you scroll all the way to the bottom, it's this area:

Quote:

It's a nice way to sort events by artist, month, and so on. I think it is cool.
What it looks like he has done is just added this code (to connect to the database) to the top of the "default_header.tpl" that comes with JamRoom.

Code

{php}

$server = 'localhost';
$dbase  = 'database';     

$user   = 'username';         
$pass   = 'password';       
$con = mysql_connect($server,$user,$pass);
mysql_select_db($dbase,$con);

$rv = "SELECT band_id, band_name FROM jamroom_band_info ORDER BY band_name";
$rs = mysql_query($rv,$con);
$rows = mysql_num_rows($rs);

{/php}

You can download and look at it here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1168

I figured that WerkreW used the same db connection method in his faceblaster theme. I know you have already fixed that so I thought it would be easy to apply the same fix to this template file.

Sorry to be a pest.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/26/05 16:53 

rgnelson:
Sorry for the confusion.
It is from the Mambo integration stuff.
It's just one file: /templates/calendar/default_header.tpl
It's not a Mambo thing - its a template header and the way it connects to the db.

It's from this how to in the docs:
If you scroll all the way to the bottom, it's this area:

Quote:

It's a nice way to sort events by artist, month, and so on. I think it is cool.
What it looks like he has done is just added this code (to connect to the database) to the top of the "default_header.tpl" that comes with JamRoom.

Code

{php}

$server = 'localhost';
$dbase  = 'database';     

$user   = 'username';         
$pass   = 'password';       
$con = mysql_connect($server,$user,$pass);
mysql_select_db($dbase,$con);

$rv = "SELECT band_id, band_name FROM jamroom_band_info ORDER BY band_name";
$rs = mysql_query($rv,$con);
$rows = mysql_num_rows($rs);

{/php}

You can download and look at it here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1168

I figured that WerkreW used the same db connection method in his faceblaster theme. I know you have already fixed that so I thought it would be easy to apply the same fix to this template file.

Sorry to be a pest.

Having looked in to this, I don't believe it can be accomplished the same way I fixed it in the theme (nor is there a need to). The reasoning is this: 1. It's already a PHP file, so it's parsed, and doesn't present a security risk, and 2. the PHP isn't "parsed" by Jamroom, but instead is part of Mambo (and links into Jamroom) - therefore Jamroom can't source in it's own includes since it has no way of dynamically replacing the path as it needs to.

This should work as it is, although I do understand there's a small inconvenience in having to modify the file.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 08/03/05 17:39 
Hi Guys

Just installed the modules, I have two questions:

1). Is there any way to pull in the pages into a frame in JR, similar to iFrame in the wrapper? I'm currently using the rhuk_planetfall theme.

2). I've renamed my JR "bands" directory to "index", however, every module wants to reference the "bands" directory in it's linkage. Any way of getting around this?

Cheers Smile

clenard

Posted: 08/25/05 22:53 
has anyone had problems editing the files once they've been Installed through Mambo? For some reason - once I installed them I couldn't edit them?

So, I deleted them and tried to manually install them... now I keep getting errors. I've tried to Google and Search Mamboserver.com forums and never found the exact query I tried.

Is this using a wrapper to merge the User system? I've merged the DB's - but now I've run into this problem... still trying - but any help would be great!

thanks Very Happy

clenard

Posted: 08/26/05 02:01 
wow... took a while but I got it!

If anyone runs into this problem - here's a link that has some good information Smile

http://forum.opensourcematters.org/index.php/topic,1757.0.html

^^ that's the new *ambo forum... It's no longer "Mambo" for those who Don't know...

werkkrew

Posted: 09/08/05 22:57 
Sorry I have been inactive, I actually took mambo/jamroom off my site since no one used it anyhow, so I wont be updating these modules anymore. But I can still offer assitance to getting them working.

Anyhow.

The calendar system thingy just adds some php code to get some info from the db, then it uses that info to create a series of dropdown menus which you can use to sort the ranking/listing or calendar systems depending on which one you are talking about ( i made both )

It cant just inherit the db info from jamroom because its being called from mambo, and the ONLY reason I put that php there for people to edit the db information was because a lot of people have their jamroom and mambo databases separate, so you could point the template to the correct database. On my personal integration the two databases were merged into one so the mambo credentials gave me access to the jamroom tables, and I didnt need that login stuff in there...

It works if you put the db info in there, theres no real obvious way around it.

www.werktheweb.com

JohnyBgood

Posted: 09/11/05 09:57 

werkkrew:
Sorry I have been inactive, I actually took mambo/jamroom off my site since no one used it anyhow, so I wont be updating these modules anymore. But I can still offer assitance to getting them working.

Hi werkkrew,

Would you be interested in selling your site and licenses.

I have a domaine name that could use it.

I don't know mambo and you would have to set it up on my hosting servers.

gutta

Posted: 11/16/05 10:06 
I have installed my jamroom modules in Mambo (error free), but I get the following error in every module that I try (Hottest Band, Hottest Songs, Spotlight etc).

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/midwest/public_html/v3/modules/mod_werkkrewhotsong.php on line 57

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/midwest/public_html/v3/modules/mod_werkkrewhotsong.php on line 60

The connection to my jamroom database works. If I put the wrong password, I get an error about connection to the database.

I have my mambo installation in /www/v3 and my Jamroom install in /www/artists (The mambo install is not in the root).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

gutta

Posted: 11/19/05 09:50 
Also, I have seperate databases for Mambo and Jamroom. Do I need to use the same database to get these modules to work?

Thanks

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

< Previous12345...1112131415Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons