User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's:
How To: Integrate Jamroom with Mambo CMS : UPDATED 03/19/05
johnypneumo

Posted: 08/16/04 03:12 
works perfect here too ,thankyou Smile

xfactor

Posted: 09/11/04 15:50 
Another way to connect the two databases is two backup your jamroom database using phpmyadmin in your cpanel... then export it to your mambo database, this will add the tables and no editing is necessary. Very Happy

johnypneumo

Posted: 09/13/04 07:06 
Werkkrew,the way you have artist spotlight displayed on the front page,.. ive managed to work out how to get it in the frontpage ,but how do i increase the modules width ? when i position it on the front page its still the same width - like 178x 170 or something ,where do i change this please ?

ejcdke

Posted: 09/13/04 13:02 
I had originally posted this in general help since that's what I was asking for, but since this is the mambo thread I'll put this info here. I set up my site so that way the band pages would open inside the mambo wrapper. However, this meant the nice names bonus pack feature would not work. I changed some code in the wrapper.php file and made it work right.

The wrapper wass cutting off the link sent via .htaccess so that the site only got the link:
http://www.jukehouse.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&page=http://www.jukehouse.net/music/search.php?mode=retrieve
This is missing a huge chung of the site address.

I decided to change the wrapper code so that I could just send http://www.jukehouse.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&find=bandname and the wrapper would pass the band name to the actual search function. Here's what I did:

So in wrapper.php change line 27 from

Code
if ((@$_GET['wrap'] == "") && (@$_GET['page'] == "")){

to

Code
if ((@$_GET['wrap'] == "") && (@$_GET['page'] == "") && (@$_GET['find'] == "")) {

Then add

Code
if ($allowpage == "1" && @$_GET['find'] != "") {
$_GET['find'] = $find;
$finalurl = "http://www.yoursite.com/jamroom/search.php?mode=retrieve&rewrite=yes&search_area=band_name&search_string=".$find;
$wauto = "$resizepage";

before

Code
else {
$page = "";

This shoudl be around line 39.

If all works right you'll be able to wrap band pages right into mambo using the .htaccess rewrite. Just update the last line to use the following link instead of the normal one provided:

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&find=$1

You can check it out at my very uncompleted site:
http://www.jukehouse.net/music/tester
The nice names works and the band page opens inside the main site. So far I have nearly everything for jamroom set up to open in the wrapper and it works great. Now I just have to actually finish the site. Maybe next month...or December...I don't know Smile . Feel free to ask questions if you need help in setting this up.

johnypneumo

Posted: 09/14/04 03:39 
ejcdke,
ill be sure to try that thanks,however - it does seem an awfull lot just to widen 1 mod on the front page ? like the mod displays etc its just not wide enough , is all that realy neccesary ?

ejcdke

Posted: 09/14/04 12:32 
johnypneumo,

That code isn't for widenting the spotlight module. My code is to use the nice names bonus pack so that way you can use nice names to open a band page in the mambo wrapper. I set my site up to do this because I want all band pages to open up within the main site rather then as a separate page.

I would imagine that your module is limited by how much space you have available for the module position in your template. I really haven't played to much with the spotlight code so I wouldn't be the best person to ask about that one. You may want to look at the bottom of the spotlight code to see if it's generating any width limitations within the html code.

-Eric

johnypneumo

Posted: 09/16/04 11:23 
thanks ejcdke,what i have found is that in the artist spotlight module,there are 2 settings (well 4 inc image size) these as standard are 136 x 78 ,i can set the size there to something like 400 x 150 say,however i cant centralise it now,. it kinda sits of center Rolling Eyes ill get there eventualy Wink

ejcdke

Posted: 09/24/04 15:50 
Mambo 4.5.1 final is out. I'm going to try an upgrade this weekend and then I'll post how things go. My site is nowhere near done so I can play guinea pig for those with stable sites.

I imagine the parameters functions of the modules will need updating as suggested by the mambo upgrade documentation. My big fear is the wrapper component as I hear it works but it's not very accessible from the backend. If I have to make any code changes I'll post an updated wrapper component since it's no longer in development.

At any rate, if you're not going to upgrade to 4.5.1 be sure to upgrade to the latest 4.5 (1.09) security fix that came out today. This fixes a new security flaw.

I'll post my findings by sunday...unless someone gets to it before me.

ejcdke

Posted: 09/26/04 17:26 
Everything for 4.5.1 works fine but the wrapper. Mambo 4.5.1 has a built in wrapper so you would have to update all links to use that wrapper. If I find time I'm going to see why the old wrapper doens't work because I don't want to have to remake any custom code. The modules will need some updating but not much...they do work but the paramaters is the only thing that needs fixing. I have my paramaters hard coded so it really doesn't matter to me.

ejcdke

Posted: 09/26/04 21:10 
Ok, I got the old wrapper working. You need to reinstall the original wrapper component and then dump your old sql entries back into the mos_wrapper table in your database. This will keep the new wrapper in mambo 4.5.1 from working but the old wrapper works fine. I guess it all depends on how much you rely on the old wrapper code.

JJJ

Posted: 09/30/04 11:04 
I'm having problems getting Mambo Post User Processing to work.

Does this mean that when someone signs-up to Jamroom, a user is added to the Mambo user database?

If so, I can't get it working, please could someone run through the config for me.

Thanks

ejcdke

Posted: 10/01/04 15:24 
Make sure you put the file in (jamroom_folder)/configs directory. And make sure it's called post_user.php. If it's any other name it won't work. The only configuratin you need to do is by editing everything in the file under the #configuration header around like 24 of the file.

I'm pretty sure your mambo tables and your jamroom tables have to be in the same database for this to work...which may be your problem. I hope this helps.

-Eric

21productionz

Posted: 10/11/04 17:16 
I haven't tried this to see if it works but looking at your site and answering my biggest question I would like to design some new play buttons for your charts if you would like. Email me productionz21@aol.com and I will be happy to.

werkkrew

Posted: 10/11/04 17:57 
I personally have not upgraded to 4.5.1 but I have built sites with it that dont use jamroom, it seems to work pretty differently.

I will revise my modules soon.

I doubt I will ever go so far as to make a full component but I might.

Does any expericenced php programmer want to help me make a bunch of modules and maybe even a component.

I would also like to get the modules in a state where I could post them on mamboportal.com but that would mean they would have to be bug free and portble.

The BIG difference in 4.5.1 is the way the params work, they are all stored in the module xml file which I have not yet done.

Anyone that wants to help me update these as time is at a premium, please let me know.

bchain-at-werkkrew-dot-com

www.werktheweb.com

Pitufo

Posted: 10/18/04 12:27 
Im havin trouble figuering out how the use r post page works i know i drop it into the config direct of my mambo install. But it says phpbb will it work for mambo or is it just for phpbb?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Documentation and How To's

< Previous12345...1112131415Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules