is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
Getting the right url for the DSplayers playlist for remote
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/26/07 21:55 

smith.kyle:

That's what I thought was happening Sad If the player is calling the playlist from the same source each time, why isn't it updating? It updates fine whent he player is on my own site. I have deeplinking turned off so it is ok for everything....

I haven't had time to go through this entire thread yet to see how your trying to do what your doing. But The player code you have on your site and that I posted on my "Myspace" is confusing me.........
http://www.myspace.com/soundmetro

Your code has this in it..........

Code
play.php%3Fmode%3Dsong_hifi%26band_id%3Dall%26type%3Dmp3%26song_id%5B%5D%3D1%26song_id%5B%5D%3D3%26song_id%5B%5D%3D4%26song_id%5B%5D%3D2%26song_id%5B%5D%3D9%26song_id%5B%5D%3D5%26song_id%5B%5D%3D6+%26type%3Dxspf

Which is telling the player to load Song ID's "1,3,4,2,9,5,6" in that order.
The songs show up in the myspace player exactly in that order and would never change.
1-Sample Song
3-All Their Creeds
4-Hey, Ruth
2-The Legendary Nerd Editors
9-HaTreD
5-Rollin On
6-Kiss the Dragon

I think the code needs to somehow tell the player to load just the Top 10 songs regardless of what Song ID they are. The code you have posted on your site is telling it to only load those Song ID's and in that order.

Sorry if I'm not understanding what is going on here as I really have not read the entire post yet.

GCFireSprinkler.com
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 03/26/07 22:00 
HEY!!!! GREAT CATCH!!! You're right, the only thing I made dynamic was the code that is generated on the first page. I'm working on it right now...

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 03/26/07 22:16 
Dangit....after thinking about it, I don't think this is possible..........damn.........what I think we need is to specify a file that contains the playlist_url, and not the actual playlist_url itself. The playlist is what needs to be dynamic, but there's nothing you can currently put that will make it that way on other sites. If anyone has any suggetions, or some tylenol and like 6-8 hours of my life back, I'm more than happy to hear them Wink

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
jp

Posted: 03/26/07 22:16 

daddyslem:
And does the artist link back also not work on smith.kyle's player on my posted myspace page for you?

I'm using IE7 and I haven't had a problem with this yet.........

Yep, I had tested that one, too. Like I said, I am using IE 6 on XP Pro and get no link back to the site on either of the players that were linked up. Flash Player v 9.

Just to verify this is an IE 6 thing, I checked on the Win2K box, which also has IE 6. Also does not work there. I'll upgrade the XP box and try in IE 7. I need to have a testing copy on one of the boxes anyway. I'll let you know how that comes out.

Jill

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/26/07 22:30 

jp:
Yep, I had tested that one, too. Like I said, I am using IE 6 on XP Pro and get no link back to the site on either of the players that were linked up. Flash Player v 9.

Just to verify this is an IE 6 thing, I checked on the Win2K box, which also has IE 6. Also does not work there. I'll upgrade the XP box and try in IE 7. I need to have a testing copy on one of the boxes anyway. I'll let you know how that comes out.

Jill

The funny thing is.......
When I originally setup the links, I did it using IE6 and it worked fine but people were complaining that it wasn't working correctly in IE7. So I upgraded to IE7 got it working and now I'm being told it isn't working in IE6.

I just can't win............lol

GCFireSprinkler.com
jp

Posted: 03/27/07 00:30 
Okay...here are the results...doesn't work in IE 7 either. So, that's not especially helpful, is it? I fiddled with a bunch of settings in IE to see if it made any difference, and it didn't. Then, after setting them back to default levels, I couldn't get the player to load at all Shocked

Uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player. Player still not loading on the page. Will check tomorrow to see if it was a completely serendipitous circumstance.

And then, I will uninstall this incredibly annoying browser!

Jill

BigRussian

Posted: 03/27/07 03:34 
Nope it is still there in the "about me" section. I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the error for you. I'm going to do some more testing under firefox and netscape and see if it is a IE problem. I

BR
http://www.myspace.com/therevolutionmusicllc

daddysylem:

BigRussian:
Thank god! I thought it was just me Shocked

Did you take the player down?
I don't see it on your myspace page............

And does the artist link back also not work on smith.kyle's player on my posted myspace page for you?

I'm using IE7 and I haven't had a problem with this yet.........

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/27/07 08:02 

BigRussian:
Nope it is still there in the "about me" section. I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the error for you. I'm going to do some more testing under firefox and netscape and see if it is a IE problem. I
BR
http://www.myspace.com/therevolutionmusicllc

Hi Dave,
I used the code snipper on this page http://www.lafire.net/jamroomtest/members/1/ and installed my standard player back to myspace and tested it in both IE7 and Firefox. I would like you to test my player and tell me if the Link back to the artist and the "Buy Now" button are working for you or not. The vault song is #7 in this player.............

I also want to show you what I see on your Myspace........
In IE7 - http://www.lafire.net/jamroomtest/temp/IE7.jpg
In Firefox - http://www.lafire.net/jamroomtest/temp/firefox.jpg

Your "Buy Now" and Artist link back both work fine for me in FireFox......

I don't know how it looks in IE6 because I'm not running IE6, but I can tell you why it looks like that for me in IE7. Your embedding code isn't correct for it to work properly in IE7. You need to have the "www." before your site name in your embedding code. (www.therevolutionmusic.com)

Let me know...........

I'll be back later today to check on this.....

GCFireSprinkler.com
jp

Posted: 03/27/07 08:08 

Quote:
The funny thing is.......
When I originally setup the links, I did it using IE6 and it worked fine but people were complaining that it wasn't working correctly in IE7. So I upgraded to IE7 got it working and now I'm being told it isn't working in IE6.

I just can't win............lol

I think that I've sussed it out!

I thought about where there would be a similar player - realized blastmymusic would be using something similar. Went to an artist's page at MySpace whom I know uses it. Tried their "buy now" button. I get a pop up saying "you are using Flash Player 9". They have an alternate link to use below the player for folks on v9.

But...the plot thickens. I check it out with Firefox and no pop up telling me I am using Flash Player 9. Works like a champ. Because in Firefox, I've got Flash Player 8, apparently.

So, all things being equal, it appears that it is Flash Player 9 that is the culprit here. Nothing to do with browsers at all. That's my thought at this point anyway.

If you want to check that out (and listen to a wonderful Irish songwriter as a bonus):

It's Here

So, perhaps BigRussian can check the Flash Player version in his working/non-working browsers? Since we have the same problem, if we're set up the same way, that would probably rule out out all the other possible causes of the "mysterious no link problem".

Jill

BigRussian

Posted: 03/27/07 13:01 
I can confirm that it does not work on the other the test site as well. I did notice this time when I clicked on the "visit artist" button there was a quick flash, but it didn't do anything.

Turns out I have Flash 9 installed as well.

Visited that Irish page... mmmm beer ... and get the same thing. Buy button doesn't work with a redirect to users who have Flash 9. So if I were a betting man my chips would be in with Jill that it's a flash issue, not a browser issue. Interesting.. so how to proceed?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/27/07 18:33 
Looks like with the release of Flash Player 9, all links in Flash Players are screwed unless the players are posted on your own site. I heard Adobe had been working with Myspace to help plug security problems through flash but I didn't think they would stop links alltogether.

By Adobe.......

Quote:
Calling getURL (or navigateToURL) with a window name of "_self," "_parent," or "_top" now falls under the control of the AllowScriptAccess parameter. In other words, AllowScriptAccess must either be "always" or "sameDomain," and the domains of the HTML page and SWF file must match exactly. Otherwise, the call to getURL (or navigateToURL) will fail.

This is a new behavior introduced in Flash Player 9 to comply with the security model and affects all SWF versions. Adobe is aware that this may change the behavior of some SWF media deployed before the release of Flash Player 9, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I haven't figured out why this affects the Jamroom flash players as they use the window name "_blank" to call the URL's for links and that method should be safe for use. But Myspace blocks any use of the AllowScriptAccess parameter and automatically changes it to "never" whenever flash is embedded on their site. So unless a different way can be used to call URL's from a flash player, we may all be screwed from using links in flash from Myspace.......

The link to the entire Tec note is here if anyone wants to read it.......
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=50c1cf38

I did install flash player 9 from Adobe and that is the problem with links in the players on Myspace. I'm going to leave it installed to see if I can figure out a way around this problem, but I make no guarantees.

GCFireSprinkler.com
jp

Posted: 03/27/07 19:19 

Quote:
he link to the entire Tec note is here if anyone wants to read it.......

Blast! You beat me to it. For whatever reason, I can't login to the forum from work anymore. So, I rush home, and you've found the (depressing) answer.

You're right, the _blank should work, according to the doc. Have you tried the custom name or no name as also stated in this bit for the workaround? Maybe one of those would work? (You probably have, but thought I would continue, since I'm all geeked up trying to help solve the problem now. Heh.)

Quote:
If you do not control the content of the HTML page that hosts the SWF file, you can change your getURL (ornavigateToURL) call to use a different window than "_self," "_parent," or "_top." For example, you can specify "_blank," a custom window name, or no window name at all. All of these options will cause your getURL (ornavigateToURL) operation to open your URL in a new browser window, which is different behavior than if you specify "_self," "_parent," or "_top." This will work in Flash Player 9 regardless of the value of AllowScriptAccess.

Jill

BigRussian

Posted: 03/27/07 19:19 
Well at least now we know what we are looking at. Looks like all new features should be coded in something called ActionScript 3 to be compatable w/ flash 9 .. wonder if this will affect jamroom players in jamroom as well. I'll continue to search for a way around this.. has to be something out there..

BR

daddysylem:
Looks like with the release of Flash Player 9, all links in Flash Players are screwed unless the players are posted on your own site. I heard Adobe had been working with Myspace to help plug security problems through flash but I didn't think they would stop links alltogether.

By Adobe.......

Quote:
Calling getURL (or navigateToURL) with a window name of "_self," "_parent," or "_top" now falls under the control of the AllowScriptAccess parameter. In other words, AllowScriptAccess must either be "always" or "sameDomain," and the domains of the HTML page and SWF file must match exactly. Otherwise, the call to getURL (or navigateToURL) will fail.

This is a new behavior introduced in Flash Player 9 to comply with the security model and affects all SWF versions. Adobe is aware that this may change the behavior of some SWF media deployed before the release of Flash Player 9, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I haven't figured out why this affects the Jamroom flash players as they use the window name "_blank" to call the URL's for links and that method should be safe for use. But Myspace blocks any use of the AllowScriptAccess parameter and automatically changes it to "never" whenever flash is embedded on their site. So unless a different way can be used to call URL's from a flash player, we may all be screwed from using links in flash from Myspace.......

The link to the entire Tec note is here if anyone wants to read it.......

I did install flash player 9 from Adobe and that is the problem with links in the players on Myspace. I'm going to leave it installed to see if I can figure out a way around this problem, but I make no guarantees.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/27/07 20:08 

BigRussian:
Well at least now we know what we are looking at. Looks like all new features should be coded in something called ActionScript 3 to be compatable w/ flash 9 .. wonder if this will affect jamroom players in jamroom as well. I'll continue to search for a way around this.. has to be something out there..

BR

It doesn't have anything to do with action script 3 and it will not affect any flash player on your own site. They will function just fine including the links and "Buy Now" buttons as long as they are used on your site.
This only affects the players when they are posted on another site like Myspace. And it will only keep the links from working in the player and not the player itself.

Whenever you visit a site that contains a flash element (like the Jamroom Flash Player) your browser needs to use a plug-in called Flash Player to operate the flash element on the site. Right now the current version of Flash Player is 9 and contains the new code changes that control Jamroom flash player.

jp:
Blast! You beat me to it. For whatever reason, I can't login to the forum from work anymore. So, I rush home, and you've found the (depressing) answer.

You're right, the _blank should work, according to the doc. Have you tried the custom name or no name as also stated in this bit for the workaround? Maybe one of those would work? (You probably have, but thought I would continue, since I'm all geeked up trying to help solve the problem now. Heh.)

Jill

I really haven't tried anything yet, but I will be digging into it this weekend. I've installed Flash Player 9 and I'm really not understanding why it affects the players this way when I'm within their own posted perimeters in the action script.

Guess I'll find out this weekend..........

GCFireSprinkler.com
jp

Posted: 03/27/07 20:18 
Maybe this will help out.

Okay, so I'm poking around MySpace and know where to look for pages that might have had to address this problem. Found an example of a player there where the links to non-MySpace pages are working.

Example here

So...this can definitely be done. This is in the actionscript for the lower left button (slightly edited to remove the names and urls):

Code

settings_mc.link_mc.onRelease = function ()
{
    getURL("http://www.thatsite.com", "_blank");
};

That's actionscript 2.0, I believe, and it is working just fine for opening links, which sure looks to me to be the Fabricio Zuardi player.

Although I haven't actually got a clue what all that is about (I can decompile, but I don't understand it entirely!). At least you have one you can look at that does what you're trying to do.

Hope you're able to come up with a solution!

Jill

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

< Previous12345Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons