Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
Myspace And The Flash Player "Buy Now" - Revisited
BigRussian

Posted: 04/05/07 11:13 
Well.. I hate to beat a dead horse (but it's so much fun!). I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around not being able to do link backs from flash players on myspace soooo, I've been researching a little more and here are my findings.

First a little back ground. Myspace awhile back installed Flash 9.0 and forced all users to upgrade. What they didn't tell anyone at the time is that when they did this they changed their network settings to allownetwork="internal" a tag which is added to codes you insert into myspace that basically makes it impossible to have link buttons in flash players and other widgets to external sources. They claim it was because of "security" issues which is highly debatable.. but neither here nor there.

After spending a lot of time searching for workarounds I have found that it is in fact possible to do (kind of). The example I’m going to use is a company called cooqy. You can visit their myspace account here and check it out: www.myspace.com/cooqy . The question then is, how did they get it to work? If you view the code you can see that allownetwork=�internal� is added, but the flash button still works. So what gives?

From the research I’ve done I’ve concluded the only way to post flash into myspace and have the buttons work to external links is to trick myspace into not seeing the player as a flash object. I believe what Cooqy has done is compiled their program using another program called OpenLaszlo: www.openlaszlo.org You can read more about it here in this article: http://mashable.com/2006/07/31/cooqy-brings-ebay-to-myspace-and-finds-a-workaround-to-the-myspace-update/feed/

Unfortunately, not being a programmer I might as well be staring at a snowy television screen. For all you programming gurus, maybe you can make sense of it. Anyway, I’m going to continue doing some research, but it looks like it can be done, it’s the how that’s still in question.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/05/07 17:54 
I saw this earlier and didn't mention it for two reasons..........

1. From what I read about it, the flash object (Player) would need to somehow be built using this program code so that it can somehow be posted on Myspace and compiled while the page is being loaded.

I could have this all wrong, but this is way over my head...........

2. Myspace is determined to stop all links that can be created with Flash and Java and basically every code that can be used for "Automatic" redirecting of people from their site. Even if this system is working right now, it won't be long before they find a way to kill it too.

My Opinion.........
Instead of wasting time trying to beat Myspace and creating something that may or may not work for awhile. Accept the fact that they are going to change things on their site and just work within those perimeters.

The "Buy Now" may not work on Myspace but the song price and buy now will still show up when playing the songs. So simply install a link under the flash players that say "Visit Here To Purchase These Songs"

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules