Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
New Google Sitemap Generator for SefJam
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/09/07 15:00 
There are still some improvements to be made, but the Google sitemap.xml generator for SefJam-enabled Jamrooms is ready for those who need it quickly.

The generator's live output can be seen at http://bristol.fm/jambbb/sefjam-sitemap.php whilst the written out xml file is at http://bristol.fm/jambbb/sitemap.xml . These two are of course identical to most intents and purposes.

I am not going to email it out or add it to the SefJam downloads just yet (my Easter holiday is just about over, I wonder where the time went?), so if you want it just email me and I will send.

There are no help files as yet, but it is a 2 file basic upload, automatically trawling your artists pages and drawing your SefJam urls out of the database (you will want to add some links in for your simple template pages (such as community.php etc) which do not go via the database). Members are not currently added to the sitemap, but can be made to do so easily. Other features may be added in the future, or customisations can be made to suit. I am thinking of a sitemap page drawn back out of the xml and formatted for pretty template display.

This generator only works with SefJam (as you can see by the astoundingly readable and keyword-dense xml) and is available as a free upgrade to SefJam customers, so shoot me an email.

Thanks

SteveX

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 04/09/07 15:06 
Whoa....that's way b****in' man! Very cool!

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
mapyaboy

Posted: 04/14/07 03:58 
Now SteveX you have a guaranteed buyer of self jam. Have to wait for a week though, paying school fees and getting a new car left me penniless.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/14/07 16:56 
No worries or hurry mapyaboy,

SefJam plays well with Google (and other search/indexes), so if in your unsefjamed state you have already been crawled and noted by the bots that boon, you will not suffer any loss at all, the search engines understand the permanent redirects natively and almost instantly.

Upgrade at your leisure man, maybe you have to upgrade your car to a bike to do so, but the warm hard/moist cuddly effect of SefJam will still be there waiting for you (it cuddles harder and moister when you have Jamroom expansion experience, so persevere with college even if the "qualis" count for nothing its all food exp).

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules