Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Bigguy and DJ - Bug Info on Error Message
Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 17:29 
ok I changed it to Forums and still had the same errors? maybe I did something wrong?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/31/07 17:43 
I'm going to have to relog into your site and do more testing then.. I won't be able to do it until the morning though - sorry!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 17:45 

bigguy:
I'm going to have to relog into your site and do more testing then.. I won't be able to do it until the morning though - sorry!

- Brian

Thanks Guys. If you have to change the forum feel free. I just need to get this resolved. My artists are dead in the water.

Dazed

Posted: 08/01/07 10:16 
Brian just wanted to see what you thoughts are on this. I know you wanted to look at it today so hopefully everything will be working soon!

If we need to change my phpbb forum link I am ok with it. I just need to get all my members back in action again lol.

Thanks again to you and DJ for looking into this!

sammy

Posted: 08/01/07 10:18 
bump a bump...

I declared a day off for DJ, it's been over 3 weeks without a break for him, so I'm kinda filling the blank here Cool

I'll be around if theres anything you need access-wize bigguy. I know we can rename his forum, but the forum is actually bigger then the jamroom, so it would be best not to tinker with it if possible...though apparently renaming it something fixes his jamroom? That's crazy!

Anyways, thanks for whatever you can get nailed on it! I don't mind going through the JR code from this side as well, I think I see where you made the changes, so if that's what we need to do then thats what we'll do.

Thanks!

"more server and network power then any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/01/07 10:26 

Dazed:
Brian just wanted to see what you thoughts are on this. I know you wanted to look at it today so hopefully everything will be working soon!

If we need to change my phpbb forum link I am ok with it. I just need to get all my members back in action again lol.

There errors were because the upload progress meter was not configured properly. I've fixed that, but now it logs you out when you try to upload, which to me points to a mod_security settings - sammy, can you disable mod_security on www.guitaristworks.com so I can test it further?

Thanks!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 08/01/07 10:30 
ok now I am really confused! The progress meter was working on the artist that could upload lol.

Regadless of what it is, I am just appreciative that you guys are working on it Smile

sammy

Posted: 08/01/07 10:31 

bigguy:

Dazed:

There errors were because the upload progress meter was not configured properly. I've fixed that, but now it logs you out when you try to upload, which to me points to a mod_security settings - sammy, can you disable mod_security on www.guitaristworks.com so I can test it further?

Thanks!

- Brian

mod_security is not enabled on any of the jamroom servers in our jr farm. It breaks the cluster, so simply can't be enabled.

Thanks!

"more server and network power then any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/01/07 11:32 
Dazed -

can you login now and test again? Everything seems to be working for me now that I logged out and relogged in.

Thanks!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 08/01/07 11:48 
Thanks Brian. I will take a look Smile

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/01/07 13:45 
I take it you guys got it fixed up by the lack of reply there Wink Question

I sure hope so...what a draining experience Confused

I'm curious if the final hurdle was anything else? Or if it was still just that jamroom was recursing in to the /site/root/forum directory?

I think sammy went ahead and switch everything back to "normal", but you might want to double check your forum bridge script, dazed. I'm pretty sure I disabled it as I was trying to narrow down the issue- you also need to re-configure the forum bridge script with your DB info, as it wasn't set up correctly.

Thanks for sticking with it Brian, and everyone else! That's gotta be about the dam'dest thing I've seen...ever.

Cheers

~DJ

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/01/07 13:47 

djmerlyn:

I'm curious if the final hurdle was anything else? Or if it was still just that jamroom was recursing in to the /site/root/forum directory?

I think sammy went ahead and switch everything back to "normal", but you might want to double check your forum bridge script, dazed. I'm pretty sure I disabled it as I was trying to narrow down the issue- you also need to re-configure the forum bridge script with your DB info, as it wasn't set up correctly.

Thanks for sticking with it Brian, and everyone else! That's gotta be about the dam'dest thing I've seen...ever.

Cheers

~DJ

the forum issue was actually fixed yesterday - today it was just a mis-configured Progress Meter Wink

- Brian

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/01/07 13:49 
I thought you had the day off! Wink

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/01/07 13:50 

bigguy:

djmerlyn:

Cheers

~DJ

the forum issue was actually fixed yesterday - today it was just a mis-configured Progress Meter Wink

- Brian

Well, can't thank you enough man. I was caught somewhere between a rainshower of tears, and taking a sledgehammer to the servers. I'm glad it was just something that could be modified in jamroom.

You're a hero! Very Happy

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/01/07 13:53 

smith.kyle:
I thought you had the day off! Wink

I do...but its been hard to think about anything other then this. For the first couple hours all signs were pointing to a server problem, the stress level sorta shot through the roof. It's not easy to rest with several thousand dollars worth of server and an entire business model is on the line. So, I just had to see whats going on.

Now I think I will go back to the river for that skinny dip and beer Very Happy And start fresh tomorrow Wink

**Tenacity is everything. Jamroom users and Jamroom Hosting customers are lucky that Brian and I are both like bulldogs at what we each do Wink

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons