Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
SefJam fix for 3.1 Artist EPKs and Custom Styles
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/01/07 05:41 
The fix for 3.1 custom style sheets and epks on sites using SefJam is as follows:

Two rewrite conditions need to be added to the ^members/ Rewrite Rule.

In your SefJam .htaccess file, after this line:

Code
RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$

Add these lines:

Code
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !(([^/]+)\.css)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^(.*epk.*)$

Next get rid of any existing pdfs and you should be good to go.

Note that rebuilding any artist sites that have already generated an epk pdf will not change the existing pdf. You will have to delete each pdf from each artist folder manually, or change the biography of each band individually. Until the existing pdf is manually deleted or the artist info changed the epk feature will not generate a new one, so you will continue to see the errors within the old pdf.

***edit*** Brian has updated the theme generator to remove the pdf, so after 3.1.1 or once the new files are available in the Jamroom testing downloads, you will not need to manually remove these files. http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85014

Let me know if you see any further issues with this feature or any others.

Thanks for your patience with this.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.

Last edited by SteveX on 08/01/07 08:42; edited 1 time in total
JohnyBgood

Posted: 08/01/07 08:19 
SteveX,
Any thoughts on the multi purchase discount (checked PM?)

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/01/07 08:38 
This reply to you, originally written in this thread, still stands.

Quote:
You are the most undesirable potential customer. Please do not attempt to buy SefJam

And as you pointed out:

Quote:
This is a support forum for jamroom. And occasionally we get snake oil salesmen wanting to peddle their wares with inflated prices on scripts that will not last the next full version. I've questioned the price, the support, and the ease of install of your wares. You seem to be offended by it. This reflects on the service aspect of your product. You come across as a pompous ass with an attitude. Are you a Nazi or perhaps an islamic extremist with an attitude towards Americans..

There is no discount on licensing SefJam.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

fender21

Posted: 08/01/07 11:03 

SteveX:

Quote:
You are the most undesirable potential customer. Please do not attempt to buy SefJam

And as you pointed out:

Quote:
This is a support forum for jamroom. And occasionally we get snake oil salesmen wanting to peddle their wares with inflated prices on scripts that will not last the next full version. I've questioned the price, the support, and the ease of install of your wares. You seem to be offended by it. This reflects on the service aspect of your product. You come across as a pompous ass with an attitude. Are you a Nazi or perhaps an islamic extremist with an attitude towards Americans..

SefJam works well and is worth price for the Sitemap functionality alone. Thanks Steve.

Sonny Bama

Posted: 08/01/07 12:25 
this is what I needed, but I erased my sefjam from my .htaccess file for testing when Bigguy first noticed this and I lost the whole program. could you send me it again? I left you a few PM's about it. Thanks.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/01/07 12:41 

Sonny Bama:
this is what I needed, but I erased my sefjam from my .htaccess file for testing when Bigguy first noticed this and I lost the whole program. could you send me it again? I left you a few PM's about it. Thanks.

If it's just the htaccess file that you need I will send that through in a minute, but if it's the whole programme it would be best to wait until the updates for 3.1 are done.

It will be another few days before I have worked through all the SefJam issues and packaged up the complete files, so I will announce here then.

You need to take backups of your SefJam files, particularly if you have been given custom rules to work with certain features of your site.

Sonny Bama

Posted: 08/01/07 15:35 
I have everything but the htaccess file. I'm sorry I didnt have a backup of that. you did give me some code to help my wimpy player function correctly as well. I will wait for your updates. its no big rush, I just wanted to make you aware of it. Thanks for your response.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/18/07 10:16 

SteveX:

Quote:

And as you pointed out:

Quote:

wow, amazing that I missed all that...we live in a capitalist society...I wouldn't expect americans are the only capitalists in the world, just the most invasive maybe Rolling Eyes

I just wanted to note that £25.00 is not equal to $25.00 -> it's closer to $33.74us or $35.80cad Not that I really care Laughing For me, not really worth the cash, but for those who think SEO is not an option, but a way of life- probably worth the cash. Luckily I have the freedom and ability to NOT buy something if I don't want to Very Happy

But anyways, what I came to this thread for was to find out if those modifications at the top of the post are all that is needed up to current version, or would it be possible for users who don't know how to make those edits to just get the latest fix from you somehow? And where can I direct those folks?

Cheers!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
king

Posted: 08/18/07 10:36 
I need help...the update is not working for me.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/18/07 11:44 
The epk and custom styles should be working with the above fix.
The missing search template errors can be solved like this:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14992
History will have to be disabled for the time being.

As far as I know there should be no other problems with the main parts of SefJam 1 and Jamroom 3.1.

Some parts of Clouds will not work either, there will be a new version of Clouds in SefJam 1.1.

I am going to be able to spend some time working on SefJam 1.1 this week so I will post here with a progress report then.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/18/07 11:44 

king:
I need help...the update is not working for me.

What is not working?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/18/07 11:48 
He's the one that spurred my question about where can I send users to just get a full updated copy rather then trying to update it themselves. His EPK and custom artist pages aren't working.

I just removed his sefjam for now so he could get back to it, but I would love to be able to point these folks to where to get a full updated download. I'm personally not inclined to try to make changes/fixes or I become the support guy for a third party product Wink Hope this makes sense Wink

Thanks!

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/18/07 11:55 
With the above 2 lines added to the htaccess file EPKs and custom css will work. If they do not, as far as I know the problem must lie elsewhere.

What isn't working?

Dazed

Posted: 08/18/07 18:59 
DJ my Sefjam is working fine. Feel free to look at my site/files if you need a reference point.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 08/19/07 01:36 
I'm not inclined to try and fix it...I would much rather send a user to go download an updated file- most users forget to enable viewing hidden files (.htaccess) in there FTP client and can't even find the file. So it would be far easier for those non-computer literate folks to have a file to download and upload over-writing the old with the new.

I guess I'll just send them to the site or here Wink

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core