Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 12/13/07 10:10 
I did the following hack

RewriteRule ^$ index.php [R,L]

change to;

RewriteRule ^$ /index.php [R,L]

For some reason this only seems to be an issue with sefjam, as jamroom uses;

RewriteRule ^$ index.php

without issue. Thing is, apache 2x seems to be much more picky about accuracy in the .htaccess file, so I'm not sure if thats the issue or not. But doing that hack seemed to resolve the blank entry in to jamroom from what I could see...while keeping the sef values of sefjam.

Cheers

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 12/13/07 10:13 
Perhaps the [R,L] is the issue as removing those fixes it too.

Is that really supposed to be there?

Steve, I need a copy of sefjam to test with in a major way. I have absolutely no intention of using it for production by any means, but I definitely need a copy to test with.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/13/07 10:27 
DJ, I have just sent you the files.

Dazed, the user not being directed to the index page - is that when they log out from the control panel or just exit?

For your radio links, how are you dealing with those links - are they through the database or the straight rewrite rule?

I am not seeing any issues at the moment on sefjam.com, not sure if that server has been upgraded or not though.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Dazed

Posted: 12/13/07 10:35 

SteveX:

Dazed, the user not being directed to the index page - is that when they log out from the control panel or just exit?

For your radio links, how are you dealing with those links - are they through the database or the straight rewrite rule?

I am not seeing any issues at the moment on sefjam.com, not sure if that server has been upgraded or not though.

since DJ made the correction all seems well Steve.

What was happening is any link to imusicscene.com gave a search error. The banner link at the top of the page was an example. When the user logged in, it is set to take them to the index page. It was redirecting to the search screen until DJ changed it.

Not sure what you are referring to with radio links. I have not touched the DB so it must be via rewrite rules.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 12/13/07 10:36 

SteveX:

Thanks!

SteveX:

Yes, it is Wink

The original problem was that sefjam doesn't seem to play nice with fastcgi/eaccelerator. For whatever reason, sefjam is not triggering the info needed for the server to generate a new cache file- thus pulling in a bunch of errors and a corrupted looking include path as shown on post 1 of this thread. So, basically, the biggest reason I saw for the upgrade (speed increases) is down the tubes if you use sefjam. Since some people do, and I don't know who...that pretty much means I can't make sites super fast, same ol' same ol'. I'm a little bummed about that, but will enjoy fastcgi/eaccelerator on my own personal sites instead Very Happy It does indeed work great and shaves almost 5 seconds off the load time of one of my sites.

Once I disabled that, everything seems to work fine with sefjam. I have a feeling maybe I boogered up the sefjam install on dazed(s) site trying to figure out why sefjam and server caching don't get along causing the remainder of the issues for this thread.

Cheers!

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core