Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Jamroom Integrated Shoutcast Now Available!
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/28/09 12:24 
Bigguy added a feature to allow images to be written to the MP3's in your jamroom now. If you have that enabled, the images will be attached to the MP3's and will display in the shoutcast song history function (no more blank images).

Requires 4.0.3

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_tracker&o=view&id=1347

It will make your downloads a little prettier too Smile

After adding the config key to your JR system, run the ID3 tag tool in jamroom, then go to the shoutcast control panel and update your media library and everything should poof be working Smile If for some reason that doesn't work, do a force rebuild in the shoutcast control panel and that will force it to re-read all the files, then it should poof be working.

Now thats out of the way, I'll be working on linking the history to your jamroom to make purchases similar to how the amazon integration works- but it will link to your jamroom instead of amazon (requires SEFURL's to be ON and WORKING!)

Thanks Brian!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Dazed

Posted: 01/28/09 13:40 
Very cool feature!!

now if you could come up with a way to work off the cluster Cool

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/28/09 13:45 
I've spent a lot of time looking in to it. The only solution thus far is using NFS mounts which is not a very good way of going about it by any means.

I've looked at NFS and Samba and even sshfs, none of which are going to be fast enough or stable enough for a production setup for shoutcast. I'm certainly open to suggestions! No doubt it would be great to get it working.

NFS is probably the closes to working, but if for some reason it fails- it will take the entire server down with it (linux doesn't have a smart way of dealing with an inaccessible NFS mount without a full reboot, and it drags the speed down to slightly faster then a snails pace until a reboot is done). Nobody is going to tolerate that obviously Laughing

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/28/09 13:55 
DJ -

what data is needed by the process that "reads" the file - can it read from a script? If so, I could probably make a small PHP script that would "hand" the cluster audio file over to the "reading" process.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/28/09 13:59 
I've thought about that too, but shoutcast handles the file directly, it doesn't have any logic to work with a script.

I thought about a php "runner" script that would read the upcoming songs in a playlist, copy them over then update the list with the new path to the file. Unfortunately, the files would need to be there in the first place for shoutcast to even know they existed so that doesn't work either.

The only real solution that will function, is to be able to map a path directly to the files which would require mounting every cluster server as a drive (since sites can have multiple clusters and each is a different server, all would need to be mapped as a drive to the master server). NFS would work great if it was reliable. It doesn't take much power to setup and run a read-only mount. The problem is its stability. It works great, but when it fails, it really fails and takes everyone it talks to down with it Sad

A dav mount might work too, if I could figure out how to mount one Laughing Its far more tricky then any of the docs I've read lead on... At that point, it would be better to have 1 NFS mount to cover everything, rather then several individual dav mounts.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/28/09 14:23 
Hey Dazed, send me a ticket if you want to beta test a possible solution for me Smile

No guarantees it will work, but it won't break anything to try.

Thanks!

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/28/09 15:42 
Works Smile Hooray Smile

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/30/09 15:28 
Just a quick note on the autoDJ encoder.

One of the things that has sucked about it is the crossfade system- it would crossfade all songs that were less then 2 times the crossfade length (if crossfade is 6 seconds, it won't crossfade 12 second tracks).

Instead its been adjusted so that any song under 120 seconds in length is not crossfaded. That way your station ID's and advertisements and such don't get crossfaded which doesn't sound very good.

If any of you use the autoDJ with the crossfade and have station ID's or ads, I'd appreciate if you could restart your encoder and see if its working right and how it sounds...suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Dazed

Posted: 01/30/09 19:30 

djmerlyn:
Works Smile Hooray Smile

DJ Thanks so much for your dedication! It is great to know when we are not live we can still stream. Much appreciated.

Now if you and Brian can get to work on allowing those million simultaneous users on JR on a single 2Ghz P4 processor with 2MB of RAM I know we would all be impressed Shocked Laughing

Seriously though, thanks to both of you guys for all the hard work.

Dazed

JohnyBgood

Posted: 02/11/10 21:16 
DJ,

Is it possible to link the artists photos to the JR_sites' artist theme pages on ..\

http://cast5.jbstream.net/start/Indie103/

It would be great to have a skin/module for it..
Cool Cool

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/15/10 15:54 

JohnyBgood:
DJ,

Is it possible to link the artists photos to the JR_sites' artist theme pages on ..\

http://cast5.jbstream.net/start/Indie103/

It would be great to have a skin/module for it..
Cool Cool

It would be great to be able to do this, but currently its not happening. Something needs to still be built to look for the specific song file from file name, and determine the images file name that goes with it, then it needs to be shrunk and scanned. I had something sorta working at one time but I'm far from an SQL genius and don't apparently have what it takes to build such a command to do this without taking an entire server down with it Sad

makuta

Posted: 05/02/10 10:48 
Check this out, I have WHMSonic installed on my server and it works fine. I would however like to stream my jamroom stations on my live radio, but I am having the hardest time figuring out how to configure my playlist. I use the following to create the playlist: http://music.fiweh.com/playlist.php?id=10&template=lst.tpl the problem, the path to the files are wrong so when I try to play it in shoutcast it dont work. I need some step by step instructions from creating playlist format, to what to configure in SC_trans in order to get it to work.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules