Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Jamroom Integrated Shoutcast Now Available!
jp

Posted: 01/03/08 21:30 

Quote:
Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you log in to the shoutcast control panel Jill

Very pleasantly surprised, thank you! I sent off a couple of notes to you about the playlist management, because there are a couple of oddities showing up (probably only my site, since I am simply contrary by nature). This is looking so cool! Many thanks.

Jill

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/04/08 00:32 

jp:
(probably only my site, since I am simply contrary by nature)

Laughing!! Yes, it is only you. But luckily its happening, it gives me an opportunity to do more error checking for such un-foreseen things!

Thanks!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
richwilks

Posted: 01/04/08 04:43 
Sounds and looks cool.

I'll sign up.

Out of interest how does the live radio work. Can you actually talk on it? Also can you pick up the stream from apps like Windows Media Player?

Supporting Tomorrows Music Today
Now Official A&R Server for Pied Piper Records

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 01/04/08 19:08 

richwilks:
Sounds and looks cool.

I'll sign up.

Out of interest how does the live radio work. Can you actually talk on it? Also can you pick up the stream from apps like Windows Media Player?

Yes! And when your not doing a "live" show you can stream live from a playlist... very cool indeed. Very Happy

-Soul

Posted: 01/04/08 23:01 
soul, when you say "live" are you mixing the songs and intro-ing them live... What have you got as a set up.. mic pluged into what... I'm very interested, just not sure how complicated it is.... Cool

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 01/05/08 02:26 

jackdaris:
soul, when you say "live" are you mixing the songs and intro-ing them live... What have you got as a set up.. mic pluged into what... I'm very interested, just not sure how complicated it is.... Cool

Hi Jack!

Yes can definitely do that. It's not complicated at all actually, although it does take a bit of time to set it up the way you want it. Not too much time though. Wink

I am using Winamp with the Shoutcast DSP plugin which is available for DL in the Shoutcast control panel, a regular headset and mic setup to my computer and I am creating a playlist from my files.

Basically what happens is that everything that is played from your computer is heard live over the Internet from your Shoutcast player on your site. There are controls in the DSP that help you segue, voice-over, etc.

It's very cool, not hard to manage and has quite a few features that are definitely useful as well. For 3 bucks you certainly can't go wrong checking it out for yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please let know!

-Hope this helps you!
-Soul

Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/08/08 19:44 
There is a new "scheduling" interface for scheduling playlists to run at particular times, or for scheduling "shows" and what not (like saturday morning mix, or drive at 5 mix, or friday night hotmix or whatever).

What I failed to mention, is that the time-zone in which the playlists run is based on the servers time-zone! DOH!

For now, I'm going to put a clock in the interface so that you can see what the current server time is- and you can adjust your playlist schedule from there- depending on your time-zone (you will need to personally calculate your time offset based on the servers current time). Soon, there will be an option for you to choose your time zone so you can set schedules based on your local time- and not have to manually figure out what the time difference is.

Thanks!

mapyaboy

Posted: 01/11/08 13:23 
Is it possible to have some members stream live? This what I mean.If I have a dj in New York, one in Houston and the other in Seattle and I want one to spin live starting at 5.00pm, the next one takes over at 6.00pm and the last one at 7.00pm. Is this possible and if yes how.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/11/08 13:31 
Yes, it is possible... How would be determined by how you set it up Wink It's not exactly easy, and is sorta beyond the scope of what I can help with (as I've not done it before, but know of stations doing exactly this...it's really a station programmers gig to setup and schedule and figure out the logistics for connections).

Another option...using the media library and playlist scheduling...is to just have the user create a show and upload it to jamroom- then you can schedule it to play at whatever time/day/recurring you want and you're set.

Hopefully this helps!

JohnyBgood

Posted: 01/11/08 21:54 
Let me understand this...
We are able to allow members(artists) of our jamroom, access the stream live function, through a quota switch... with the new live stream subscription.

from their computer (mixer)... Please explain Confused

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/11/08 22:56 
No.

You, as the jamroom administration...are the radio station owner. You can schedule playlists out of your jamroom music, you can stream live, you can relay other stations, you could re-broadcast old shows, you could...you could...you could...

You can select specific songs (or shows) to play at a certain time, etc...

You "could" hand over the password to the live stream (which would be required for remote DJ's unless you "relay" there stream) but I would not recommend it.

Basically, its YOUR radio station, you control it and the content streaming on it just like any station producer would. The content can come from anywhere, another radio station, the music in your jamroom folder, you talking on a microphone, etc...

Its really pretty straight forward, but the "possibilities" are endless, so there is no 1 right answer as to how to do it. The way I run my station is completely different from how others run theres. The way FOX runs there station is different from how ABC runs theres...etc.

We're not here to be station directors, but rather, to provide the tools in a simplistic fashion for you to direct your own station. The easiest way to work out how you would run your own, is to practice (just like anything else) and determine what process for management works best for you and what playlist schedule yields you the most listeners.

Hopefully this helps!

american

Posted: 01/12/08 00:47 

djmerlyn:
No.

You, as the jamroom administration...are the radio station owner. You can schedule playlists out of your jamroom music, you can stream live, you can relay other stations, you could re-broadcast old shows, you could...you could...you could...

You can select specific songs (or shows) to play at a certain time, etc...

You "could" hand over the password to the live stream (which would be required for remote DJ's unless you "relay" there stream) but I would not recommend it.

Basically, its YOUR radio station, you control it and the content streaming on it just like any station producer would. The content can come from anywhere, another radio station, the music in your jamroom folder, you talking on a microphone, etc...

Its really pretty straight forward, but the "possibilities" are endless, so there is no 1 right answer as to how to do it. The way I run my station is completely different from how others run theres. The way FOX runs there station is different from how ABC runs theres...etc.

We're not here to be station directors, but rather, to provide the tools in a simplistic fashion for you to direct your own station. The easiest way to work out how you would run your own, is to practice (just like anything else) and determine what process for management works best for you and what playlist schedule yields you the most listeners.

Hopefully this helps!

So you're saying it's password controlled...

Quote:
....The way I run my station is completely different from how others run theres. The way FOX runs there station is different from how ABC runs theres...etc...

LMAO Cool

So like, if I wanted to do a show with the password, I could broadcast to your listeners... without having access to the rest of the admin cp. Waooo...

is it possible to have a phone in for callers..

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/12/08 10:30 
password controlled? Where did I say that?

Its just like anything else... You login to email don't you? Well, you login to the shoutcast control panel, configure things...and away you go. Listeners do not need a password to listen. Its radio... But you do not need to be logged in anywhere to do your show, you could be at home, at a club, in your car, you can broadcast anywhere you have an internet connection- or you can let our servers run the station.

Quote:
is it possible to have a phone in for callers..

Its a radio station...anything you ever hear a radio station do, you can do.

mapyaboy

Posted: 01/13/08 14:16 
I still can't connect to shoutcast server for live streams from Winamp, do I have to change anything on the Shoutcast control panel.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/13/08 14:24 
You need to disable the source, by clicking "deactivate source". The will disable the server from streaming your music and make it so you can connect from where-ever (home, club, etc...).

If you are connecting from your home computer, you will likely need to open the ports (your port as shown in the control panel +1, so if your port is 8000, you need to open ports 8000 and 8001 in your home firewall).

Hope this helps~

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core