Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Jamroom Integrated Shoutcast Now Available!
speedbunny

Posted: 02/10/08 13:19 
Neutral Crying or Very sad

I saved the wrong version to me server!!!! Thank you....

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Works like a charm now though. Ooh I think I'll record me some station idents and stuff this evening!!

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/13/08 03:30 
There is a new version of the control panel being installed right now. This version adds a few configuration options to the playlist scheduling, which will allow better "down to the minute" playlist scheduling. It also fixes an issue where playlists were not starting on time, thanks to jill for the heads up.

Cheers!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
speedbunny

Posted: 02/13/08 07:05 
That's very cool... one thing that seems to be missing is the ability to configure crossfade by playlist. So - for example, for my chart show I don't want any cross fade cos some of the jingles are too short... but for general playlists, cross fade is great.

I've messed with the code and have integrated it into the side panel on my site now, with a refreshing playlist. Works like a charm. Thanks for all your work Smile Smile

speedbunny

Posted: 02/13/08 19:08 
Deej - not sure if this is a new feature, but as soon as an artist uploads their media, it seems to go into standard rotation now (including the Lo-Fi version which is generated). We only really want our featured tracks on the cast, is there anything we can do to prevent it happening?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/13/08 19:47 
That shouldn't be happening. Nothing is automatically loaded in to any of the playlists. It will load in to the media library when you update the media library, but will not become part of a playlist.

I might have populated it on upgrade though.

If it does seem to keep doing that, submit a support ticket so I can take a look at it.

Thanks!

speedbunny

Posted: 02/13/08 19:51 
Yeah I'm guessing it was the upgrade Smile I had a new artist register today, and I noticed all his tracks ended up on rotation. Added a new song just now and had to move it across manually - if it happens again I shall let you know Smile Smile

spyrodeath

Posted: 02/16/08 09:38 

djmerlyn:
There is a new version of the control panel being installed right now. This version adds a few configuration options to the playlist scheduling, which will allow better "down to the minute" playlist scheduling. It also fixes an issue where playlists were not starting on time, thanks to jill for the heads up.

Cheers!

How do you know if you have the newest/latest version of the control panel installed? Is it automatic or do I have to update myself?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/16/08 17:12 
We update it here Wink Everyone is on the latest version Wink

Hope this helps!

cafenubi

Posted: 02/18/08 12:34 

djmerlyn:
Well, thanks to Soul for letting me program on his site directly.

You can now see the flash popup player system in action;

http://beta.musicgasm.com

Right there in the middle of the page, click the "Tune In" link to see the popup.

Features;

1. Currently playing info self refreshes without interrupting the stream (ajax/ssi).

2. Playlist history self refreshes without interrupting the stream (ajax/ssi).

3. Shoutcast auto-starts and plays in the XSPF player (flash player provides simplicity so anyone can listen without leaving your website or installing a media player)

4. Songs played are linked to jamroom's friendly URL system, so that listeners can go straight to the artist page on your site and buy/download songs without dropping there connection to the live stream.

Available for download in the shoutcast control panel. Free with jamroom shoutcast hosting.

I'd love feedback, ideas, suggestions, etc...

Cheers!

i dont know what ive done incorrect but i just installed the pop up player and when i click the tune in link the player appears but its saying server is off air try again later,my control panel says the server status is online and source staus is online,the songs are updating on my page also but its not playing in the pop up?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/18/08 12:45 
That means that the config file was not configured correctly per the "readme" that comes with it Wink

Make sure the port and control panel URL are correct in the config file. If you're not sure what you're doing, drop a support ticket and I'll fix it for you.

Hope this helps~

cafenubi

Posted: 02/18/08 13:27 
Thanks AGAIN! Cool
It was my port..........

bodawg

Posted: 02/23/08 16:10 
This is the first time I've really looked into shout cast and don't know anything about it, so please pardon my ignorance but can you have more than one station per se running from the same site at the same time, like choices i.e.- blues station, funk station, rock station etc.? Or if you had 2 live events that happened to be running at the same time or is it just one stream per site?

Thanks for any info! This really sounds cool Wink

-Rob

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 02/24/08 16:02 

bodawg:
This is the first time I've really looked into shout cast and don't know anything about it, so please pardon my ignorance but can you have more than one station per se running from the same site at the same time, like choices i.e.- blues station, funk station, rock station etc.? Or if you had 2 live events that happened to be running at the same time or is it just one stream per site?

Thanks for any info! This really sounds cool Wink

-Rob

Shoutcast is designed to handle 1 stream. However, that doesn't mean you can't have multiple shoutcasts.

You could have as many shoutcast stations as you want streaming different formats. One could be streaming blues while another is broadcasting a live feed from a club, while another is broadcasting classical or hip-hop or whatever.

But each shoutcast installment equates to 1 shoutcast stream.

Hopefully this makes sense!

bodawg

Posted: 02/24/08 19:13 
Makes perfect sense!

Thanks Deej,

-Rob

truthful

Posted: 02/25/08 17:58 
Just read through this thread and its exciting stuff.
A few questions that I hope you can answer for me.

IF one was to say do three shows a week each lasting 3 hours , all in all 9 hours which package would be the one to go for.

What im basically after is some examples of what each package is able to do on a monthly basis.

The next question is regarding operations via a mac , will winamp work?

Thats it for now , and keep up the cool work.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules