Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Jamroom Integrated Shoutcast Now Available!
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 05/07/08 14:54 
hmm, it doesn't look like you've uploaded everything. There are smarty plugins and some other files that all need to be uploaded for it to work. If the music is playing- then your settings are (presumably) right.

I'm not sure what else would cause that except for not having all the files uploaded.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
spyrodeath

Posted: 05/07/08 15:03 

djmerlyn:
hmm, it doesn't look like you've uploaded everything. There are smarty plugins and some other files that all need to be uploaded for it to work. If the music is playing- then your settings are (presumably) right.

I'm not sure what else would cause that except for not having all the files uploaded.

I will upload everything up again. At least music is playing which is the important part. Thanks for the help.

spyrodeath

Posted: 05/08/08 21:54 

djmerlyn:

Here is my PHP error log:

[08-May-2008 21:42:44] PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to jbstream.net:8010 in /home/content/s/d/m/sdmetal/html/include/plugins/smarty/function.jb_stream_embed.php on line 20

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 05/08/08 22:39 
The only thing I can think of, is that your servers firewall is blocking the port. The chances of this are about 99.999%

Hope this helps!

cafenubi

Posted: 05/21/08 15:10 
I have a shoutcast question.
How can i air a broadcast from another computer live?I know how to do it from mines but if i have a artist in another state who has a talk show how can i broadcast his show live?Can shows only be broadcast thru my computers winamp player?

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 05/21/08 15:47 

cafenubi:
How can i air a broadcast from another computer live?I know how to do it from mines but if i have a artist in another state who has a talk show how can i broadcast his show live?Can shows only be broadcast thru my computers winamp player?

You have to set up the other computer exactly how you set yours up. You can broadcast from any computer, in any state/country/club...outer space if you ever get there...as long as you have an internet connection and the encoder tools.

So, get the other computer set up just like yours, and connect.

The only limitation, is that you can only send a stream from 1 computer at a time. If there is already a stream being sent to the server, anyone else trying to connect to send a stream will be denied until the current stream disconnects.

Hope this helps!

cafenubi

Posted: 05/21/08 15:58 

djmerlyn:

cafenubi:

You have to set up the other computer exactly how you set yours up. You can broadcast from any computer, in any state/country/club...outer space if you ever get there...as long as you have an internet connection and the encoder tools.

So, get the other computer set up just like yours, and connect.

The only limitation, is that you can only send a stream from 1 computer at a time. If there is already a stream being sent to the server, anyone else trying to connect to send a stream will be denied until the current stream disconnects.

Hope this helps!

Ok thanks alot!

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 11/05/08 13:28 
Just a quick note.

All Jamroom Integrated Shoutcast servers now use your Jamroom domain name for the server host URL instead of the server host name.

That is like so:

http://marijuanamusic.net:8020

instead of:

http://jbstream.net:8006

If you have a dedicated IP, the shoutcast server will also bind to your dedicated IP for a full "private label" feel.

Basically, it makes it easier for your listeners to find you again later, and just looks cleaner.

*Requires jamroom hosting package and jamroom integrated shoutcast server

Cheers Smile

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 11/26/08 01:43 
New, extremely advanced statistics. Find out who is listening right now, where they're from, the player they're using... Song play stats, most popular songs, least popular songs, which songs get the most air time, most popular times of the day for people to listen. There is so much more, including trends, total listening hours... full royalty reporting (for autoDJ)...bandwidth usage average per listener...the list goes on.

Check it out... Login to the shoutcast control panel and click "view statistics" to see a ton of data. Click "View Current Listeners" to view your current listeners on a pie chart and graph them, includes a google map pinpointing your listeners on the globe.

JR song image integration is coming soon...one way or another Laughing Hopefully Brian can just find a way to attach the image to the MP3 and problem solved (makes downloaded MP3's from jamroom much better too, so hopefully its a feature we can get Smile). If he can't, I will try to rig something up for it- but its going to make the media library way slow Sad

If you don't see this stuff in your control panel yet- please wait, its coming- but I haven't rolled it out to all the servers yet. All the servers should be updated within the next 3-6 hours.

Cheers!

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 11/26/08 07:04 
Awesome! Cool

-Soul

Posted: 11/26/08 11:23 
HI DJ:

Love the new add ons into the shoutcast control panel DJ Bro Smile Wink .

In view statistics now DJ that is awesome Bro how the statistics are showing in view statistics and love the new google map setup and the view current listeners in the shoutcast control panel and the code snippet for current listeners maximum listeners to add to our pages and the code snippet for the Tune In to add to our pages Wink.

This is awesome DJ and you have done a awesome job and work on seting this up Thanks Bro Your The Best Wink.

We will like to help DJ to promote and let others know about your shoutcast on our sites DJ so will like to ask if you can let us have one of your banners 468px × 60px for your shoutcast or if you have not got one can you do a banner for us 468px × 60px for your shoutcast so we can add the banner to our sites ???.

You got my e-mail DJ so just e-mail the info to me.

May aswell post this bit here DJ just to let you know aswell that we have got all the FAQs back up and runing ok and having no problems now using the new Webligo FAQ script you recommend to us to use and it's a awesome script DJ and works just fine for us so big thanks DJ Bro Wink for leting us know about that FAQ script.

Thanks DJ.

Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 11/26/08 13:44 
Logos are here: https://jbservers.net/affiliate.php Wink

Glad that FAQ script worked too!

Cheers Smile

supportteambillyukco

Posted: 11/26/08 14:00 

djmerlyn:
Logos are here: https://jbservers.net/affiliate.php Wink

Glad that FAQ script worked too!

Cheers Smile

HI DJ:

Will do DJ and thanks Bro for that link DJ Smile Wink .

Was going to ask before aswell DJ as i can't see a code snippet for this in the shoutcast control panel but do you have a code snippet for the google map that we can use so we can add this to the custom stream start page we done ???.

We know the google map will show on the default stream start page but will love to have a code snippet for the google map to add it into our custom stream start page we done.

Plus aswell DJ, Can we or not for our shoutcast jbstream we have with you create a new folder in the media folder to add songs to and if so how will the songs in that folder play with the other songs that are in the media folder or will the songs we add into that new folder in the media folder still play on our Stream Radio Station .

If you can give us some info DJ as to how this works or as to how is the best way to go about this.

It's just that DJ in time we know the media folder is going to have a lot of songs just in that folder and this may overload the media folder and plus we are not 100% here on how to go about to create folder playlists as we will like to add songs for one artist ( For Example, Alan Jacksons Songs ) in a folder we create and the songs in that folder will play like a playlist on top of all the other songs that are in the media folder on our Stream Radio Station.

So what will be the best way to do this and go about this DJ ???.

Thanks DJ.

Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 11/26/08 14:20 
Google maps require API access for a specific domain. Unfortunately I think that means we cannot provide a widget for it.

And yes, you can create as many folders in the media folder as you want... I suggest sorting media folders like itunes does it on your desktop;

media (folder);
> John Coltrane (sub folder);
>> Song 1 (mp3)
>> Song 2 (mp3)

Etc...

You could copy an entire itunes folder structure straight over.

You would probably want to follow up via support ticket if you have problems.

Hope this helps~

supportteambillyukco

Posted: 11/26/08 14:33 

djmerlyn:
Google maps require API access for a specific domain. Unfortunately I think that means we cannot provide a widget for it.

And yes, you can create as many folders in the media folder as you want... I suggest sorting media folders like itunes does it on your desktop;

media (folder);
> John Coltrane (sub folder);
>> Song 1 (mp3)
>> Song 2 (mp3)

Etc...

You could copy an entire itunes folder structure straight over.

You would probably want to follow up via support ticket if you have problems.

Hope this helps~

Quote:

Sad NP DJ But thanks for leting us know about this one Bro Wink .

Thanks DJ for the info on the media folders Wink .

If we have any problems DJ i will do what you say and open a support ticket via your support tickets.

Got the banners now DJ Thanks Bro Wink .

Thanks DJ.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons