Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
FamBoom - facebook integration for jamroom
Matthias

Posted: 10/22/10 05:43 
@DigNitMedia : You are totally right it is always dangerous to rely on one decicion maker only - but well that is why things always need to be programmed clean and adaptable. Well I understand your hassel that you had with FB integration. I went all the way thru this with other projects allready too.

@american: With this I tried to explain the way you can use your list on the left side in your FB site. You can choose what app or what else link is placed at what position in the list. Well of course this changes a lot still the behaviour of how things can be setup from external and I also think that this is far not that attractive for big merchands to use. But for a smaller community which is based on personal exchange and influence this could still be a cool feature to use.

So I was just wondering how far you guys came with the tab integration and if there exists a code allready I would like to have a look at it and then jump on the development phase for the FB right now.

You can PM me the download link if this shouldn`t be made public.

Looking forward,
best Matthias

DigNitMedia

Posted: 10/22/10 08:16 
Hi Matthias,

No reason to post any tab code at this point...They'll be deprecating FBML tabs soon, too. Start planning on iFrame tabs.

Cheers,
~E

Matthias:
@DigNitMedia : You are totally right it is always dangerous to rely on one decicion maker only - but well that is why things always need to be programmed clean and adaptable. Well I understand your hassel that you had with FB integration. I went all the way thru this with other projects allready too.
So I was just wondering how far you guys came with the tab integration and if there exists a code allready I would like to have a look at it and then jump on the development phase for the FB right now.

You can PM me the download link if this shouldn`t be made public.

Looking forward,
best Matthias

whodaniel

Posted: 10/22/10 22:11 
Hey Matt,

if you really have the talent and drive make us an app that rivals all of what ReverbNation has and we will all buy it I am sure.

D

Matthias

Posted: 10/22/10 22:47 
Well this is what I did with joomla and FB integration - check it out.

http://apps.facebook.com/eyesturnedskyward/Eyes%20Turned%20Skyward

And yap in this case you can make an individual tab which will be not available in the near future anymore but as you can see this has a personalised generated link and within this you can start everything into a FB site dynamically and integrated.
So I was thinking about doing the same thing for JR and thru the looking around if there exists allready something I found this thread. So I jumped in because as far as I understood you guys allready developed the code for JR sites and FB integration. But maybe I got it wrong and yes I will think about doing a module for JR but this would give me a long time because I need to learn the module structure of JR first and the way how JR generates things etc ...

Best Matthias

Dazed

Posted: 10/23/10 14:25 

Matthias:
Well this is what I did with joomla and FB integration - check it out.

http://apps.facebook.com/eyesturnedskyward/Eyes%20Turned%20Skyward

And yap in this case you can make an individual tab which will be not available in the near future anymore but as you can see this has a personalised generated link and within this you can start everything into a FB site dynamically and integrated.
So I was thinking about doing the same thing for JR and thru the looking around if there exists allready something I found this thread. So I jumped in because as far as I understood you guys allready developed the code for JR sites and FB integration. But maybe I got it wrong and yes I will think about doing a module for JR but this would give me a long time because I need to learn the module structure of JR first and the way how JR generates things etc ...

Best Matthias

Matthias - This code was modified so it does sit in a tab now but it is very generic. Just the songs really and an image or two. You can switch to any artist you like on the site though so that is kind of cool if you want to support specific bands. I think the developer has pretty much dropped this code though.

I like what you did on the link you posted. I would love to see something more robust so if you decide to develop it, I will be adding it the minute you release it.

Matthias

Posted: 10/24/10 14:26 
@Dazed: Do you have the old code - if so it would be great if you could send it to me so that I can start from that point on. It is easier to adapt something to a new situation instead of rewriting the basic code again.

If it doesn`t work then I can go the long way and rebuild a complet new module for this integration.

Either way is fine for me.
Best Matthias

rickallen

Posted: 11/06/10 15:17 
Old thread I know, but FB has removed apps from tabs and boxes. What now?

Matthias

Posted: 11/06/10 16:28 
We have to wait how facebook develops - I am pretty sure they will come up with a paid tabs solution in 2011. So therefor Facebook has teased the network with its power and is playing with the power now. For the moment there is just silence. We will see what opportunities FB will offer in the future. All you can do now is only place a link in your personal link side. But that doesn`t help much because you are the only one seeing it.
Best Matthias

rickallen

Posted: 11/06/10 19:01 
Matthias, tabs are supposed to be supported on band pages. They just dropped them from profile pages.

Problem is most people have setup profile pages and not band pages. Now they have to move everything and all their friends to a page. Try that with 2500 people and 25 invites at a time. The whole thing stinks.

Myspace is trying to make a comeback, but they have to fix some stuff. Page loads suck big time.

Less places to promote your music. Maybe this is a good thing for Jamroom.

Matthias

Posted: 11/06/10 20:25 
Rick that is true - those companies who pay them to keep up services are still up and running. Facebook anounced a while ago that they are planning to not make money untill 2010 (who believes that) - so now it is close in time - and time to change in their minds. Well where ever that will bring them to - I don`t know.

Myspace on the other side had to face big troubles with royalty societies alike HFA, Ascap, Biem, GEMA etc ... that was why myspace and Murdock himselfe got down for a while and why myspace still remains silent. Actually JR lacks of the positive integration for major royaltie societies. Which means the cart system is organised to simple as it would be needed for an agreement with GEMA, HFA etc. Just an example HFA does not only aquire the song name and the song number nor the Songwriter - they also want a lot more put out in an XML file. Then they make a difference between 30 to 60 to 90 sec. streams with ads or without ads. So therefor anybody who is running a JR site will only be able to achieve the indie level of power. Which connected to each other could bring power to the market. But as it is for now JR is not able to cope with such topics and will not be in the near future I think (concerning the XML printout capabilities and individual royaltie societie statements that need to be fullfilled).

So what stays left is to wait and see how FB is reacting and opening the market for indies to be back in the game again.

It would be a great step for JR now if they could apply to the rules given in the market right now. Or at least if JR would give you the chance to print out and adapt XML database sheets within true statistics for playlists,sold items, ecct. that are reliable Then for sure JR sites would have the chance to jump up.

I think it is best to wait and see and as I said I am sure FB will come up with an opportunitie. Otherwise the market is new ordered again - alike we allready got used to during the last 20 years Smile .

So keep your fingers crossed and hope that JR Developers will jump on this situation right now - because you are right - now it could be the time for JR to break thru.

Best Matthias

rickallen

Posted: 11/08/10 15:22 
Matthias, is there an agency that covers all of the performance rights outfits? I hate the thought of paying to ASCAP, BMI and all of the rest. Would be nice to have one that covers them all.

Matthias

Posted: 11/08/10 15:43 
Well that is the big big problem for all webmedia and download stores - they have to negotiate with every agency. From Australia to USA. The internet is global but a lot of people still think local only Crying or Very sad

Sorry I have no better news concerning this.
Best Matthias

rickallen

Posted: 11/09/10 14:20 
Matthias, thanks for the info. That is what I remember too. Was hopeful that something may have changed.

FamBoom

Posted: 11/17/10 04:37 
For some reason again i didn't get an email that replies had been made Sad

As has already been stated tabs have now been depreciated

http://developers.facebook.com/roadmap?ref=mf

Which pretty much kills my app Sad

Sorry about this guys, i wish i had seen this all coming before developing.. but thats in the past now.

Keep trying to get a new twitter module (written as a true module) out early next year, slightly more stable platform that facebook so should work ALWAYS.

Matthias, i know its a long thread.. but if you want source code of the existing app. PLease contact the developer rather than getting someone to send the "code" for free who has already purchased it.

PM me if you want to work together on something new although i have officially given up on the Facebook platform and on to pastures new (ie Twitter)

pitrager

Posted: 11/29/10 13:26 
This app can still be salvaged.

One they have to be added to fan pages now. Tabs will work there.

Next it needs re-geared...

The fan functions are obsolete. But this can be changed to work as a music page much like Root Music, giving artists a tab that has several songs and other info from their Jamroom profiles.

http://www.rootmusic.com/

Like that app, if there are several share buttons that go with each piece of media posted to the band tab, then fans can help promote that bands profile and a link back to the source Jamroom site.

The app should make wall updates like if a new song, picture etc is posted to the bands profile the wall stream auto posts what just happened. Would come in handy if bands enter events and they are auto-posted as well. When the post is made, just make sure the link goes back to the original JR profile it came from.

You can see Root Music's app in action on many FB fan pages.

Ex - http://www.facebook.com/dimmuborgir?v=app_178091127385

You can have this app as it just posts links back to profiles or make it full function with media in the FB wall stream by getting your site "white listed" and approved by Facebook.

I really would hate to see this die. I hate spending money on things and barely having a chance to get any use out of it. Smile

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous123456789101112Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules