Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
Clouds and Cluster
msultani

Posted: 04/01/08 15:19 
Just to let you know, that if you have cluster installed and want to run clouds, it does not work. Since the url for clouds still point to the main server.

Is there a fix for this?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/01/08 16:38 
If you have artists on the cluster you will be having many more problems that clouds not working.

SefJam does not work with the Cluster Server.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 04/01/08 17:49 
True, but I saw clouds work on a cluster server (in fact, I set it up on mine when testing that division by 0 error and that slow regen issue I told you about last week or the week before). Clouds itself works fine on the cluster, assuming you bothered to copy over the smarty plugins.

Sefjam "could" work on the cluster. I'm not a whiz with mod_rewrite, but somehow you simply need to explicitly allow certain scripts on the master and cluster to not be re-written by sefjam. The only issue with sefjam and cluster, is that it blocks the remote connection from master to cluster and reverse.

If you need help making it work, I'd love to work on it with you- I had it working once, then forgot about it and accidentally deleted the test account I was using. We can schedule a time and work via live chat if you wish Wink I know it would make a lot of folks happy Very Happy Including myself, I get a lot of questions like "when will sefjam work with the cluster?"...like I would know!? Laughing

Cheers!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/01/08 18:24 
DJ -

if you want you can contact me about this via email - I've been working with SteveX on this issue.

Thanks!

- Brian

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/01/08 18:25 
I'm burned out on that f'in cluster! (And find it hard to see the point - disk space is cheap and large, and if you need more than one machine to house your 25,000 members you don't need htaccess or mod_rewrite, there are better ways of doing it with rewrite maps [although I don't know how]).

I can send you the details for the test setup if you like, take a look and see if you can figure it out. I have some things working, but other things break.

If msultani has artists on the cluster he is all alone though, SefJam DOES NOT WORK WITH THE CLUSTER SERVER. Neither do Clouds. If 75,000 members genuinely need it to, I have not much work booked for the month of May and I am entirely self employed (although it's not really working for me as I take home less than I did as a cycle courier 10 years ago).

Can I just mention again, SefJam DOES NOT WORK WITH THE CLUSTER SERVER.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dazed

Posted: 04/01/08 19:10 
Steve does this mean SefJam works on Cluster now??

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 04/01/08 19:11 
You were once one of those crazy bike messengers?!?!

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/01/08 19:13 

Dazed:

Yes.

Dazed

Posted: 04/01/08 19:14 

SteveX:

Dazed:

Yes.

LMAO Smile

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/01/08 19:25 

smith.kyle:
You were once one of those crazy bike messengers?!?!
I gave it up after borrowing neoprene booties to work in the snow during a week when I had a back wheel stolen from a borrowed bike after being mugged for mine whilst riding it.

It was an excellent job while it lasted. The money was rubbish, but the fitness, right action and roadrush really pays off - do it while you're young! People can say whatever they like, but that's just the way people can be, for example, reported in today's Guardian:

Quote:
However, the rhetorical assaults have intensified. Tibet's Chinese Communist party boss, Zhang Qingli, has branded the Dalai Lama a "wolf in monk's robes, a devil with a human face, but the heart of a beast".

The Chinese state media has condemned protesting monks as the "scum of Buddhism".

China claims Dalai Lama ready to foment violence and mount suicide attacks
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/02/china.tibet
Our government can't condemn ludicrous statements like this, neither can your government, but a cycle courier can. Wink

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 04/01/08 19:29 
LOL!!!! That's awesome, I have an all-new respect for you! Wink I'm trying to picture you walking home in the snow wearing neoprene boots and carrying a bike missing it's back wheel over your shoulder.

It definitely sounds fun!!!

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 04/01/08 20:02 
Haha! Clouds does work on the cluster server Wink Wanna see? Laughing Seriously Wink I had it installed on KMLP.com to test (which is on a cluster) and it worked without issue, I even thought it was cool, but I didn't realize it was paid/licensed so I removed it..

But here, I put it back see for yourself, clouds on a cluster...whats the big deal?
http://mk1.mediakinesis.com/member/106/info.php

sefjam/clouds combo may not work, because SEFJAM DOES NOT WORK ON A FRIGGEN CLUSTER, but that isn't what this topic was about.

I'm not sure if I have the latest version of sefjam here or not, but I'll show you the proof of concept- and you can see how much of the root of sefjam I broke to make it work (as far as I can tell, nothing is broke, I'm simply allowing jamroom to communicate with itself in sefjam).

Sefjam in a cluster setup, almost acts like a firewall between the master and the cluster. All we need to do is "allow" certain functions to bypass sefjam and its golden. Other then that, the basic build of sefjam has no issue with the cluster. The only issue that I've seen, is that it blocks the remote communication with the jamroom master and vice versa, nothing more.

bigguy:
DJ -

if you want you can contact me about this via email - I've been working with SteveX on this issue.

Thanks!

- Brian

Oh? Just saw this...curious how far you've gotten Very Happy

I should have time in the next couple days, sometime after wednesday.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/02/08 02:27 
The problems are all related to copying media between master and cluster, so that is for media uploads when the artist is on the cluster.

msultani

Posted: 04/02/08 11:03 
Well this is what I am putting in artist pages

Code

{jr_sefjam_cloud mode="artists" genre=$BAND_SOUNDLIKE}

but when you click on the artist, it gives error, because the artist is on cluster.

Am I doing something wrong here.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 04/02/08 12:27 
Here's the code I"m using which you can see works without issue:

{jr_sefjam_cloud mode="artists" showmax="13" genre="$BAND_SOUNDLIKE"}

The only caveat is that you need to put the clouds plugin on the cluster server (ie; you need to do the same clouds installation on the cluster that you did on the master)

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons