Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Thoughts on a dual-login
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 10/22/08 22:12 
You would want to use a bridge for that - it does exactly what you're looking to do.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/23/08 07:22 

GMR:
Well just wanted to say it great work Kyle. I tried it today and worked great. I have a question, would something like this work for a dual Sign Up pages? *So if they sign up for the site it adds the account to the to the forum db as a the same time. Or does each member have to always sign up there as well?
Thanks,

GMR Promotions
www.gmrdropbombs.com

You can use the Jamroom bridge for the signup...

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom3_Bridges

Hope this helps,
Douglas

penyo

Posted: 10/30/08 22:50 
That's really nice.

I've done try this in my localhost site. But i'm still confused.

I'm use JR 3.4.2 with Flashback Skin and ready change Dazed code to login form in jr_overall_footer.tpl (its true?). That's works perfectly. I can login to JR and phpBB3 together. But, it's not work with Logout.

Can you post how to change to JR or phpBB3 step by step?

Thanks a lot and sorry about my English.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 10/31/08 09:43 
Right now I'm don't think there's a way to auto logout of both apps - you'd have to manually do it.

Kyle

versus

Posted: 11/06/08 11:38 
Kyle - I've managed to make it work with phpBB3, but it only works with IE!

With FF, Chrome and Opera when i log-in to JR it doesn't auto-login to the forum..

Any idea ?

And another question. Any idea how to make it logout from both ? This part in phpBB is responsible for it:

Code
<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>

How can i make that when it's clicked it will also open (in a hidden way): mysite.ext/index.php?mode=logout ?

Thanks

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 11/06/08 15:19 
It should work in both - when I wrote the previous code I posted I checked it mainly with firefox. (I don't know about opera or chrome).

As for logging out, it might work by doing the same kind of thing where you have a hidden iframe and the link "target"s the hidden iframe first via javascript.

versus

Posted: 11/21/08 10:57 
Hi,

Can anybody see something here that makes it work only with IE (the dual login doesn't work with any of the other browsers for me)?

Code
<table cellspacing="10" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<form method="post" target="_self" onSubmit="lockFormSubmit(this)" action="login.php" id="jm_form">
<tr>
<td align="right" width="100" class="form-txt">{jr_lang id="119" default="Username:"}</td>
<td><input class="text" id="jm_user" type="text" name="jm_user" value="{$jm_user}" size="21" dir="ltr"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" width="100" class="form-txt">{jr_lang id="120" default="Password:"}</td>
<td><input class="text" type="password" id="jm_pass" name="jm_pass" value="{$jm_pass}" size="21" dir="ltr"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" width="100" class="form-txt">{jr_lang id="121" default="Remember me:"}</td>
<td align="left"><input type="checkbox" name="jm_cookie"></td>
</tr>
</table>

<div class="spacer-10px"></div>

<input class="button" type="submit" value="{jr_lang id="116" default="Login"}" onclick="javascript:document.getElementById('o_user').value=document.getElementById('jm_user').value;document.getElementById('o_pass').value=document.getElementById('jm_pass').value;document.getElementById('o_form').submit();setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'jm_form\').submit()',1000);">
</form>

<form method="post" id="o_form" action="http://www.site.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login" target="o_login">
        <input id="o_user" name="username" type="hidden" value="">
        <input id="o_pass" name="password" type="hidden" value="">
      <input name="login" value="Login" type="hidden">
    </form>

<iframe name="o_login" id="o_login" src="http://www.site.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

and

Code
<div style="padding: 10px;">

<form class="margin" method="post" action="login.php">
   <input type="hidden" name="template" value="login.tpl">

{jr_lang id="32" default="Username:"}<br>
   <input class="text" type="text" name="jm_user" id="jm_user" dir="ltr" style="width: 158px;">

<div class="spacer-5px"></div>

{jr_lang id="33" default="Password:"}<br>
   <input class="text" type="password" name="jm_pass" id="jm_pass" dir="ltr" style="width: 158px;">

<div class="spacer-5px"></div>

<span style="float: left;"><input class="checkbox" type="checkbox" name="jm_cookie">{jr_lang id="34" default="Remember"}</span>
   <span style="float: right;"><input class="button" type="submit" value="{jr_lang id="38" default="Login"}" name="Login" onclick="javascript:document.getElementById('o_user').value=document.getElementById('jm_user').value;document.getElementById('o_pass').value=document.getElementById('jm_pass').value;document.getElementById('o_form').submit();setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'jm_form\').submit()',1000);"></span>
   <div style="clear: both;"></div>
   </form>

<form method="post" id="o_form" action="http://www.site.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login" target="o_login">
      <input name="login" value="Login" type="hidden">
    </form>

<iframe name="o_login" id="o_login" src="http://www.site.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<span style="font-size: 10px;"><a href="{$JAMROOM_URL}/login.php">{jr_lang id="35" default="Forgot your password?"}</a></span>

</div>

Thanks.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 11/21/08 23:44 
I actually wonder if something else is causing problems, as I saw that you're having problems with the pages loading and stuff in some browsers but not others.

versus

Posted: 11/22/08 16:30 

smith.kyle:
I actually wonder if something else is causing problems, as I saw that you're having problems with the pages loading and stuff in some browsers but not others.

No, I don't think it's related..

The problems i have (slow rendering in IE only) are related to the skin (MediaPro). There are no errors whatsoever (I've fixed all JS errors and validated the code).

Here it's different - the dual-login works only in IE and doesn't work in any other browser.

Bloodcrave

Posted: 01/19/09 16:35 
works great here in internet explorer, firefox, opera, google chrome, safari, netscape and flock!

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/19/09 18:22 
Great! Very Happy

Acidphantom

Posted: 01/20/09 08:56 
How to get the dual login works for the Nova skin and phpbb2?

also to login other wise.

Best regards,
Acidphantom

Bloodcrave

Posted: 01/20/09 12:41 

Acidphantom:

Best regards,
Acidphantom

change the login and password values into the values of jr4 (I don't know if jr use other values..)
and change the username and password variables into the variable which phpbb2 use.

Bloodcrave

Posted: 01/20/09 12:52 
I'm trying to fix the dual logout.

Code
   <a href="{$JAMROOM_URL}/{$jamroom_index}?mode=logout" onclick="javascript:document.getElementById('o_user').value=document.getElementById('jm_user').value;
   document.getElementById('o_pass').value=document.getElementById('jm_pass').value;
   document.getElementById('o_form').submit();
   setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'jm_form\').submit()',1000);">{jr_lang id="4" default="log out"}</a>

<form method="post" id="o_form" action="{$JAMROOM_URL}/forum/ucp.php?mode=logout" target="o_login">
    </form>

<iframe name="o_login" id="o_login" src="{$JAMROOM_URL}/forum/ucp.php?mode=logout" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

but I'm stuck on this, anyone who can help me ?

Acidphantom

Posted: 01/20/09 14:15 
How? I never did this before and I`m new in that.

Bloodcrave:

Acidphantom:

Best regards,
Acidphantom

change the login and password values into the values of jr4 (I don't know if jr use other values..)
and change the username and password variables into the variable which phpbb2 use.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

< Previous123456Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules