Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
evolution bookmarks ( del.icio.us Technorati YahooMyWe)edit
djjohnj

Posted: 07/15/08 09:08 
hi iam try to change the bookmarks in evolution light skin from del.icio.us Technorati YahooMyWeb
.. id like to change one to facebook
i have got the sef bookmarks plugin but i cant seem to find the code for face book to put into the blog row template Confused Confused
can any 1 help
thanks jj

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/15/08 10:07 
Just call facebook in the sites parameter:

Code
{jr_sefjam_bookmarks title=`$title` sites="facebook"}

Add in any of the other info and other sites you want to link to in the same call

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
djjohnj

Posted: 07/15/08 15:03 

SteveX:
Just call facebook in the sites parameter:

Code
{jr_sefjam_bookmarks title=`$title` sites="facebook"}

Add in any of the other info and other sites you want to link to in the same call

this is great but it does not call the page content just the header of the page what do i add to this code to add the content or the selected blog entry ??
many thanks jj

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/15/08 15:34 
When I made this, facebook took it's own content from the page, there was no place to pass in anything else. I'm not sure if they have changed things since then - what are the areas that you think it should be taking from the page?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

djjohnj

Posted: 07/15/08 15:40 

SteveX:
When I made this, facebook took it's own content from the page, there was no place to pass in anything else. I'm not sure if they have changed things since then - what are the areas that you think it should be taking from the page?

hi steve i am trying to get it to pull entrys in the blog
if you take a look at my site www.undergroundsoundsystem.com
it has the face book icon next to the blogs input by various artist but if you click on the facebook icon it just brings up the same info for every different blog, also if you go to artists pages it will post gallery or what ever page you are ons title but no infomation off that page , hope you get that !!!
jj
thanks as ever steve

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/15/08 15:44 
This was all that was available on Facebook for bookmarks at that time.

What are the fields in Facebook that can be populated if they are supplied with the right info?

djjohnj

Posted: 07/15/08 16:01 

SteveX:
This was all that was available on Facebook for bookmarks at that time.

What are the fields in Facebook that can be populated if they are supplied with the right info?

to be honest i dont know steve i just decided to add the app and c what it does i am basically trying to get it to put the info on the selected page to a post on facebook (all themes) & if possable with my new evolution light skin to put the face book icon next to the 3 other quick post links on the home page and get it to post the various blog entrys by various artists to facebook
if this is not poss let me know as i thought i was missing something in the way i code it into the page Shocked
thanks again m8 for the help

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/15/08 16:13 
I don't really know facebook - I added it a while ago and that was the only info that it would take from the page at that time. It is a bit different in the plugin code as it does it's own thing rather than accepting the parameters that it is given.

Each of the apps in bookmarks is different - some just take the url, some a description, some the text, keywords, title etc. There isn't really anything passed to facebook from the bookmarks plugin - it just "shares an internal bookmarklet"

I'm sure there are many applications that have been built for facebook that will do exactly what you want, but I don't use the site at all so I don't know what to suggest, Sorry.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules