Posted: 09/18/08 03:04 
Kewl! Cool

-Soul

Posted: 09/18/08 05:07 
Woooo Hoooo... back, just in time to Beta test again. Cool

Posted: 09/18/08 12:04 
Im looking forward to the changes,
i must admit tho i lost track of Jamroom when it moved from V2,
however Brian i must ask,when will the inbuilt forums have the ability to edit posts and maybe to add smilies ?
It would for me and im sure others be a big thing honest,bigger than most other things you could do right now to jamroom .

Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/08 12:15 

johnypneumo:

It would for me and im sure others be a big thing honest,bigger than most other things you could do right now to jamroom .

I would have to disagree, as I think the module API is going to be the next big thing for Jamroom. But thats just my opinion. Wink

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 09/18/08 12:35 
I think about 95% of the people here won't understand the API (no matter how much documentation there is), the other 5% will start cranking out all kinds of stuff and offering it to the community whilst that other 95% vigorously work on there sites so whatever the other 5% make has a purpose.

Remember- all the coding in the world is completely pointless if it doesn't have a need.

However I don't think there is, or ever will be, any 1 part of jamroom that is going to be any bigger then any other part.

The sum of the whole is greater then the sum of the parts.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
mojowill

Posted: 09/18/08 20:03 
how will this affect site currently running 3.4 in terms of skins? will it just work or will there need to be major updates and tinkering?

great news im just a little worried about losing my hard work if i upgrade!

Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/18/08 21:22 

mojowill:
how will this affect site currently running 3.4 in terms of skins? will it just work or will there need to be major updates and tinkering?

great news im just a little worried about losing my hard work if i upgrade!

Any skin/theme that works in Jamroom 3.x will continue to work unchanged in Jamroom 4 - it will be fully backwards compatible. However, in order to take advantage of the new SEO URLs coming in Jamroom 4, you'll need to update the href parameters in your anchor tags to use a new {jr_url} template function - however it is optional and not required if you are happy with your current setup - Jamroom 4 will run your current skin without issue exactly like it is.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

american

Posted: 09/20/08 10:32 
Hi Bigguy,

Looking forward to new bells and whistles.

As a feng shui (pronounced "fung shway"):[url] http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/fengshui/0,,9cq6,00.html[/url], Would it be possible to skip the number 4 and tag this Version 5.

TIA. Wink

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/08 13:10 
Just an update that there are at least 2 additional changes/features scheduled for Jamroom 4:

- new "Pending Media" system - this allows the admin (or admin users) to "approve" all media items before they show on a profile (options can be set on a per Quota basis)

- all of the "constants" (advanced Jamroom settings) that previously had to be set in the individual PHP scripts will be moved to new variables that can be added to the config/settings.cfg.php file - this will prevent Jamroom upgrades from overwriting your preferred configuration.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

kacoblack

Posted: 09/23/08 07:39 
for a lot of people out there a great selling point could be new fresh themes.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/08 08:00 

kacoblack:

Make some.

kacoblack

Posted: 09/23/08 09:46 
i did, it cost me more than the whole jamroom script including the one year support that jamroom offers. as a matter of fact, i was thinking how to set it your video script in my site, but with this nasty attitude of yours i'm very happy that i did not think about it for more than 10 minutes.

mojowill

Posted: 09/23/08 11:18 

Natedogg265:

kacoblack:

Make some.

i agree with kacoblack the default skins look dated and horrible. The actually Jamroom scripts are top notch but the design side of it is nasty! it seems that very few people (well actually one) do good skins and they (oinkba) charge stupid amounts of money!

i think that themes/skins should seriously be addressed and would defiantely entice more people to buy the script. Natedogg I like you and your posts usually but can't agree with you on that one. Jamroom is a paid for product why should we have to "make some" that would benefit the inside of someone elses pocket? ( i know the more money jamroom makes the better the devlopment)

I just hink the whole theming situation of JR is strange :S

I use another CMS, e107. It is not the biggest in the world but still has hundreds of high quality themes 90% of which are free (you can see 95% of themes on my site www.e107designs.org )

just my 2 pennies worth, don't get me wrong I love Jamroom!

N8Flash Designs

Posted: 09/23/08 12:07 

mojowill:

Natedogg265:

kacoblack:

Make some.

i agree with kacoblack the default skins look dated and horrible. The actually Jamroom scripts are top notch but the design side of it is nasty! it seems that very few people (well actually one) do good skins and they (oinkba) charge stupid amounts of money!

i think that themes/skins should seriously be addressed and would defiantely entice more people to buy the script. Natedogg I like you and your posts usually but can't agree with you on that one. Jamroom is a paid for product why should we have to "make some" that would benefit the inside of someone elses pocket? ( i know the more money jamroom makes the better the devlopment)

I just hink the whole theming situation of JR is strange :S

I use another CMS, e107. It is not the biggest in the world but still has hundreds of high quality themes 90% of which are free (you can see 95% of themes on my site www.e107designs.org )

just my 2 pennies worth, don't get me wrong I love Jamroom!

Brian could make the coolest skin ever, but if we are all using the same skin, then it becomes dated and passe`.

Why build your own? To have a unique and successful site. This is, after all, just software. It is not a business-in-a-box. I think some people have the wrong idea.

We created a website then found Jamroom, not found Jamroom then created a website.

So I think everyone should step back and decide, are you a website developer or a Jamroom patron? I recommend you be both.

Having said that, I see a market for skin developers and I bet, in the coming months, you will see lots of skins. I know I'm working on one now.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules