is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Battle Module
xmla

Posted: 05/25/09 15:05 

dagilli:

xmla:
Is there a live demo of this somewhere online?

M
XMLA / XSR

Yes there is. Please note that this is a beta release with minor issues that I'm fixing. This link will take you to active battles available to guests and members to vote. Unfortunately I can't Demo the Admin functions on this live site. You are welcome to see a live version here: Battle

How do members vote?

dagilli

Posted: 05/25/09 16:31 

xmla:

dagilli:

xmla:
Is there a live demo of this somewhere online?

M
XMLA / XSR

Yes there is. Please note that this is a beta release with minor issues that I'm fixing. This link will take you to active battles available to guests and members to vote. Unfortunately I can't Demo the Admin functions on this live site. You are welcome to see a live version here: Battle

How do members vote?

On the Jamroom Main Page there is a Menu Button (not on my demo site yet) to BattleRoom and this takes you to the link that I just gave you. In other words, to enable the BattleRoom pages for members to vote, a link must be added to the Main Menu or in a custom or sub-menu in Jamroom (see http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Custom_Buttons_and_Menus). In the README document included with Battle I also have instructions on how to add a menu button on the Main Menu for the Nova skin only.

juyaan

Posted: 05/26/09 10:57 
does the module keep a history of all the battles? if so, can the users search it? thanks.

CanPanther

Posted: 05/26/09 12:17 

dagilli:

CanPanther:
I noticed the schedule for the next beta release but are there any plans for playoffs down the road?

Not the immediate future. You should be able to handle this in a manual sort of way. When your first rounds are completed the Admin can create a new battle and enter the entrants (winners of previous rounds) and just open it for voting untill all rounds are completed......

I will think about this feature however, might be complex but cool if i can pull it off.

I think it would be awesome! Handling it manually would mean you *have* to be around when the previous battle is over, for continuity, and that may not always be possible. Everyday life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes. While single battles are great, they are limited because of the no. of people that can be involved. I think having a playoff mode would not only increase user interest in joining, but voting participation and bigger sponsorship/prizes as well. I really can't see a sponsor paying out big bucks for a single 5 person battle. I hope you will give this some serious consideration and can 'pull it off'. Smile

While I understand this would require major coding, it's probably a good idea to see what kind of interest there is for this before-hand. So...

Is anyone else besides me interested in having a playoff mode included in the battle module?

juyaan

Posted: 05/26/09 12:25 
i am

MONEE

Posted: 05/26/09 18:26 
Will this mod work with projam?

CAPER

Posted: 05/26/09 22:35 
the battle mod is only for the nova skin right now monee buts its still in beta so dagillii will be working on it to work with other skins in the future

juyaan

Posted: 05/27/09 05:36 
it shouldnt be that hard to modify the module for any template.

barkerg

Posted: 05/29/09 09:07 
i have it running on evo digi, i just took the info from "default.css" and entered it in the bottom of my "evolution.css" file and then changed the colors and other details as needed. I can post the code that I have if anyone running digi would like it.

do we know when the next beta is coming out?

great mod by the way!! hope to see some other exciting mods coming from moonlight in the future.

a quick suggestion, maybe an {if} statement, "if" the artist is involved in a battle a button shows up in their profile "vote for me" or somthing like that. I dont know, just an idea.

Thanks,

Garrett

CAPER

Posted: 05/29/09 12:10 
nice i can use the code

juyaan

Posted: 06/03/09 12:03 
how do i change the grey background in the battle area to white? this is for the mediapro skin. thanks.

Bloodcrave

Posted: 06/04/09 15:41 
can i create a battle which allows alls all the bands on my jamroom to join? so can they all battle for a grandprize and not just 5 of a genre..

MONEE

Posted: 06/04/09 16:25 
how do you edit the templates with this mod? I can't find the code to change anything except the css.
And how do artists enter the battles?
Has anybody got this mod to work on their site?

Salfas

Posted: 06/05/09 06:14 
Just purchased Smile Will let you know once up and running. Meanwhile if anyone installed it on Mediapro pls share some insights and css issues.

Cheers!

Salfas

Posted: 06/05/09 22:51 
Hi,

As per your document - its one vote per ip. Can it be changed to one vote per ip per day - as this will make the user/listener come back evry day to vote and also contribute to traffic...

Please help on how to achieve this.

Thanks.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345...1213141516Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core