Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Battle Module
CAPER

Posted: 07/26/09 01:36 
any updates? anything new? any breakthroughs? im sure your working hard as always

dagilli

Posted: 07/26/09 11:51 
Yep. Working on "Mega Battle" option within Battle (Multi Battle Playoff)
The concept is based on a 8 Team Blind Draw Single (and MAYBE) Double Elimination. Here is a schematic overview: http://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamsingleelimination.html but my version will vary slightly.

The first round will allways be 4 battles with 2-5 competitors per battle. The winner will go through to the next round. If I get the Double elimination to work, the runner up will go to the "Losers Bracket". http://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamdoubleelimination.html

Any comments anyone?

CAPER

Posted: 07/27/09 02:55 
sounds good

CanPanther

Posted: 07/27/09 13:54 

dagilli:
The concept is based on a 8 Team Blind Draw Single (and MAYBE) Double Elimination. Here is a schematic overview: http://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamsingleelimination.html but my version will vary slightly.

The first round will allways be 4 battles with 2-5 competitors per battle. The winner will go through to the next round. If I get the Double elimination to work, the runner up will go to the "Losers Bracket". http://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamdoubleelimination.html

Any comments anyone?

This is awesome, dagilli. Exactly what I had hoped for. Another idea is to make the playoff structures modular so other playoff formats could be designed by users and just plugged into the script. Great start tho'. Keep up the good work.

whodaniel

Posted: 07/27/09 19:45 

CanPanther:

dagilli:

Any comments anyone?

This is awesome, dagilli. Exactly what I had hoped for. Another idea is to make the playoff structures modular so other playoff formats could be designed by users and just plugged into the script. Great start tho'. Keep up the good work.

yes! Yes! and YES!! So Happy to see this continued development! Now this is what I was talkin about!...

Those customized playoff structures could be plugged in to future upgrades I would think, as well as customized "poll" /voting variables..

OK I am a customer!

CAPER

Posted: 07/31/09 10:58 
on the battles i dont see the vote or comment buttons

beatsfortracks

Posted: 07/31/09 12:01 
Hey multi battle playoffs would be awesome

just wanted to say this is coming along nice, great job!

caper you wont be able to access the battle vote page if the battle has not started or if the battle has ended

guitarman

Posted: 07/31/09 12:04 
yes I think it would be cool to see access to voting a lot clearer and on all the templates perhaps. I dont think people are going to hang around if they cant figure out the pathway to voting. it needs to be in their face. Very Happy

whodaniel

Posted: 07/31/09 22:50 
I need for Media Pro Skin..

CAPER

Posted: 08/02/09 21:46 
for some reason you can keep voting in teh same battle and it still counts even if you voted already

jamesd116

Posted: 08/06/09 19:15 
1) Is it possible to add onto the browse battle atleast on the admin page to add how many sign ups for the particular battles
http://www.sitename.com/jrBattle.php?mode=battle_Id_browse

I am thinking between max entries and status this way the admin can see how many contestants there are at a quick glance

2) move old archived battles to the bottom of the page

3) have categories to separatre battles lets say i have 4 rap battles and 4 beat battles the ability to eep them group instead of intermingled within each other

All of these are on the same page as up above

Posted: 08/07/09 01:12 
I keep forgetting to mention this but could an OPEN battle be possible? Something that allows for signup by anyone, instead of just limited to specific genres.

CAPER

Posted: 08/08/09 21:54 
yeah that would be nice like my members ask me if they can create their own battles

beazyboy

Posted: 08/10/09 00:48 
If paypal is gonna be included in the next beta release wouldnt it be more secure and accurate to Require members to log in to vote ... And Next To The Comment It Would display there profile pic an User name , Maybe Have a default line in the text box?... You Would Kinda be able to keep track of who is voting that way

CanPanther

Posted: 08/10/09 03:25 

CanPanther:
I keep forgetting to mention this but could an OPEN battle be possible? Something that allows for signup by anyone, instead of just limited to specific genres.

Sorry, but I meant an 'open genre', not open signup.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345...1213141516Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules