Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Battle Module
CAPER

Posted: 06/05/09 23:06 
that would be cheating than people will start that groupie crap where they get their friends to keep voting oppose to to the artist telling more friends to vote

Salfas

Posted: 06/05/09 23:14 
Agree my friend.. but show me a place which is cheat proof - even ip lock does not work with so many proxies and ip anonymizer around Smile

Posted: 06/05/09 23:17 
very true but that knowledge isnt that well known by too many members or artist and it gives the artist more of an idea that everything is equal if the artist feels like they start that groupie stuff or cheating why would they continue to want to battle

Salfas

Posted: 06/05/09 23:23 
I will take your advice and start off like that only Smile Lets see how smart they can get.

Cheers.

Posted: 06/06/09 06:22 
well i guess if a band copy and past the following link "http://your-domain.com/index.php?module=jrBattle&t=postbattlevote&bandid=1&battid=1" to their website or myspace they can earn votes without showing their competitor to the people, it's cheating too!

you can prevent this with a session id i guess.

dagilli

Posted: 06/06/09 16:55 
jrBattle Module 1.0.0 Beta 2

Fixes
- Allow Battles to be modified by Admin (Fixed)
- Allow Battles to be deleted by Admin (Fixed)
- Paypal interface for Sponsors and entrants to pay entry fee or Sponsorship. (Not Fixed. Working on it and will only be part of Battle Module 1.0.0 Official Release)
- Block Voting if Start date not current (Fixed)
- Fixes to current module where required (Done)
• Added CSS Functionality to allow background Images. Couple of people asked about customizing the background and now this is possible. Be aware that if you have done customization on
Default.css file already, you need to retrofit your changes or just customize again using the updated Default.css file.
• The “winner banner” graphic displayed incorrectly if there is a tie (same vote count for 2 or more artists). Fixed to show banner for each top vote count should there be a tie.
• Allowed to vote for more than one artist in the same battle. Not allowed to vote for the same artist more than once. (Ie, if there are 3 artists you can vote 3 times, 1 for each contestant) Changed to allowed only 1 vote per battle.
• Added 3 graphics (stars1, stars2, stars3) These graphics shows as background images in the skins. Folks can now customize the look by changing these graphics. NOTE: the size of these graphics are 5x5 pixels and the style defaults to repeat-x. To add larger pictures to fill the backgrounds, make sure to use the correct size (fool around till you get it right Very Happy) and add this to the CCS parms (just below the background- image definition: “background-repeat: no-repeat;” )

Slated (Wish list) for the next release (Official 1.0.0 release)
PayPal Integration
Disallow voting if Battle is not filled with 2 or more artists. My thinking is to offer an option to admin to allow voting when start date is due and not all slots are filled?

This is a BETA release, so please help with ideas for future releases.
NOTE: The Beta release is at a reduced price! The official release will be $20.00 more, so get it now! Go to the Market Place to purchase.

Bloodcrave

Posted: 06/07/09 04:44 

dagilli:

support for more then 5 artists? so everyone can battle for the grand prize.
It would be cool if artists from different genres can battle to each other.

MONEE

Posted: 06/07/09 06:31 
how do artists enter battles?
I don't see any battle button in the artist control panel

Bloodcrave

Posted: 06/07/09 07:00 

MONEE:
how do artists enter battles?
I don't see any battle button in the artist control panel

make sure you have enabled the battle module in the artists quota
admin menu -> admin options -> jamroom quotas -> artist quota (modify) -> media support

Dazed

Posted: 06/07/09 09:54 
Need some help here. I do not use Nova so I am incorporating this into my skin. What template is housing the the flash player? I would rather use a different one that the default.

Also how do I change the image to use a cluster server?

Thanks!

Salfas

Posted: 06/07/09 23:04 

dagilli:

Slated (Wish list) for the next release (Official 1.0.0 release)
PayPal Integration
Disallow voting if Battle is not filled with 2 or more artists. My thinking is to offer an option to admin to allow voting when start date is due and not all slots are filled?

NOTE: The Beta release is at a reduced price! The official release will be $20.00 more, so get it now! Go to the Market Place to purchase.

Great work my friend!

Maybe admin should have a choice of two dates :

A. Announce the battle but no voting

B. Voting start date about one or two weeks after announce of battle - this should give a lead time to bands to prepare for the battle - like if the site wants fresh songs to be uploaded for the battle.

Another thought :

If the battle is Genre based - then we would be leaving out a few bands - though Genre based battle is the norm - it can be thematic also - based on a theme which will allow much greater participation - say what...

Thanks again!

Salfas

Posted: 06/08/09 04:23 
when i try to modify the entry it just shows the player and not the form while doing it as an artist

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 08:33 

CAPER:
when i try to modify the entry it just shows the player and not the form while doing it as an artist

Thanks Caper.

This is a bug in the artist control panel. Artists should not be able to manage Battles. Fixed.
The fix will go out tonight.

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 08:42 
[quote="Salfas"]
dagilli:

Maybe admin should have a choice of two dates :

A. Announce the battle but no voting

B. Voting start date about one or two weeks after announce of battle - this should give a lead time to bands to prepare for the battle - like if the site wants fresh songs to be uploaded for the battle.

Another thought :

If the battle is Genre based - then we would be leaving out a few bands - though Genre based battle is the norm - it can be thematic also - based on a theme which will allow much greater participation - say what...

Thanks again!

Salfas

A. Changing the module to NOT allow voting untill the start date. In other words, when creating the battle, set the start date date in the future. The battle is viewable but not votable, same as when the expiration date is current users can not vote.

B. i. The Battle Module is very GENRE based. Totally. (Song Genre)
What I could code is for a "Open Genre". The admin then needs to add an "open Genre"
under "Song Genre" and the module will allow any GENRE. (A little loose and limits you to
English only)
ii. Or an option in the control panel to ignore GENRE completely. Requires plenty of SQL
changes.

CAPER

Posted: 06/08/09 10:31 
when signing up for a battle one of the songs images was shown the original large size it was automatically re sized how can i fix that?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345...1213141516Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules