Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Battle Module
Dazed

Posted: 06/08/09 10:50 
repost from above -

Need some help here. I do not use Nova so I am incorporating this into my skin. What template is housing the the flash player? I would rather use a different one that the default.

Also how do I change the image to use a cluster server? They are pointing to the non-cluster server so no image is displayed.

Thanks!

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 10:50 

CAPER:
did you ever figure out how to display the winners

To me this seems to be a JAMROOM issue in the image.php module delivered with JAMROOM.

The code is standard JAMROOM delivered to show picture: http://yoursite/image.php?mode=song_image&band_id=1&song_id=1&height=96&width=96&skin=Nova

Yet, in your case it brings up the full size picture. No clue why. In my humble opinion: Nothing to do with jrBattle

One of your pictures as saved for the artist is 96 x 96 pixels.
The other one has a size of 472 x 472 pixels (stored for that artist).

I would expect the picture would resize according to the image.php module parms that got passed and it does not. Is this a bug in the image.php module???

Any ideas anyone?

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 11:07 

Dazed:
Need some help here. I do not use Nova so I am incorporating this into my skin. What template is housing the the flash player? I would rather use a different one that the default.

Also how do I change the image to use a cluster server?

Thanks!

I appreciate your pain Very Happy

No Template involved for the player itself. The player exists in include/flash/ directory and in this case include/flash/button/musicplayer.swf and it uses the button player.

The way jrBattle was designed the current player fits perfectly to allow a maximum of 2-5 players into a table. It is what it is.

You can always modify the player parameters for another player. See documentation here: Jamroom 4 jr_flash_player Template Function

Dazed

Posted: 06/08/09 11:14 

dagilli:

Dazed:

Also how do I change the image to use a cluster server?

Thanks!

I appreciate your pain Very Happy

No Template involved for the player itself. The player exists in include/flash/ directory and in this case include/flash/button/musicplayer.swf and it uses the button player.

The way jrBattle was designed the current player fits perfectly to allow a maximum of 2-5 players into a table. It is what it is.

You can always modify the player parameters for another player. See documentation here: Jamroom 4 jr_flash_player Template Function

Thanks! I use a popup player so that way people can pause or rewind it. I would like to change the call to go to that instead. What am I missing here?

How do I get the band images to display with a cluster server? It is pointing to the master at the moment.

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 12:07 

MONEE:
how do you edit the templates with this mod? I can't find the code to change anything except the css.
And how do artists enter the battles?
Has anybody got this mod to work on their site?

All the colors and back-ground images can be found in modules/jrBattle/templates/Nova/Default.css

Hope this works!

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 12:17 

Dazed:

Thanks! I use a popup player so that way people can pause or rewind it. I would like to change the call to go to that instead. What am I missing here?

How do I get the band images to display with a cluster server? It is pointing to the master at the moment.

This might help for the pop-up: Flash Player Integration and scroll down to Example 2 - Creating a popup flash player

Cluster server. This might be a bug in my code. Will get back to you on this one....

Dazed

Posted: 06/08/09 12:21 

dagilli:

MONEE:
how do you edit the templates with this mod? I can't find the code to change anything except the css.
And how do artists enter the battles?
Has anybody got this mod to work on their site?

All the colors and back-ground images can be found in modules/jrBattle/templates/Nova/Default.css

Hope this works!

That is the same issue I am having. There are changes I would like to make and the only thing that I can find is the css code.

You need to modify the quota in the media area to allow the Battles. Admin must create the Battle and then the artists can join.

If anyone finds a way to get the band images working on a cluster server, please let me know!!

Dazed

Posted: 06/08/09 12:27 

dagilli:

Dazed:

This might help for the pop-up: Flash Player Integration and scroll down to Example 2 - Creating a popup flash player

Cluster server. This might be a bug in my code. Will get back to you on this one....

Thanks dagilli -

I know how to create the popup what I can't find is the template to change! From the pathing it looks like battlevote.tpl and that refers to all_votes.tpl. Neither has the code listed though.

So maybe this is just the difference with Nova since I am not used to working on it.

guitarman

Posted: 06/08/09 13:45 

Quote:
support for more then 5 artists? so everyone can battle for the grand prize.
It would be cool if artists from different genres can battle to each other.

I Like these suggestions very very much Very Happy

One prob I have noticed in the current menu coding , is if you try to access the battle room from different parts of the site i.e artist page, it will not take you to the battle page. It seems the battle menu link only works on the home page. Might be an error in my coding ?

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 13:56 

Dazed:

I know how to create the popup what I can't find is the template to change! From the pathing it looks like battlevote.tpl and that refers to all_votes.tpl. Neither has the code listed though.

So maybe this is just the difference with Nova since I am not used to working on it.

The player code is in function.jrBattle_Vote.php (voting screen) module and also in the function.jrBattleVoteview.php module (view the votes screen). these are in the Smarty directory under jrBattle.

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 14:00 
[quote="guitarman"]
Quote:
One prob I have noticed in the current menu coding , is if you try to access the battle room from different parts of the site i.e artist page, it will not take you to the battle page. It seems the battle menu link only works on the home page. Might be an error in my coding ?

A button with this url should work from anywhere: href="index.php?module=jrBattle&t=battleroom". I'm not in my "home office" right now but try adding a button via the Admin Control panel using this link. After you added the button you should see a button for the artist under "Extras" I think.....

CAPER

Posted: 06/08/09 14:48 
I noticed that you can also vote without being logged into jamroom is there a way to change that?

Bloodcrave

Posted: 06/08/09 15:18 

CAPER:
I noticed that you can also vote without being logged into jamroom is there a way to change that?

it would be better to allow "external" votes, people wont signup for a member account to vote for a band..

dagilli

Posted: 06/08/09 15:52 
There have been a lot of comments and questions around the possibility of creating larger battles (more than 5 entrees) and also several rounds (playoffs). First of all, coding a pyramid scheme (for the lack of a better description) could be a nightmare and believe me, very easy to paint one self into a corner. I’m very reluctant to code this but I can give it a shot.

I do not forsee changes to allow for more than 5 entrees in a battle. Too complex at this stage.

I need to lay down some basic rules here (for those that can code, you should understand why Very Happy ) to keep the code as simple as possible. I can tell all now coding this is probably going to take me longer than it took to code jrBattle as it is. It is not that I don’t understand the concept, it’s a simple matter of complexity and a lot of lines of code. I hope this makes sense.

Here is a simple schematic of what I envision. It is simple and can be applied to any of the available battle types (2, 3, 4 or 5 entrants).
Look at this and give some comments if you would.
Remember! Keep it simple else the coding would be complex of not impossible!

The initial rules here are:
1. There will be 2 rounds only and a Final.
2. The max number of entries for all rounds will be the same except for the final battle. For example if Round 1 max entries equals 3 then max entries for round 2 must equal 3.
3. Number of Battles per round MUST EQUAL MAX NUMBER OF ENTRIES PER BATTLE. For example, if the max entries per battle is 5, then the total Battles in that round must be 5 (The red numbers)
4. All end dates for Round 1 will be the same. All end dates for Round 2 will be the same.
5. The start date of Round 2 will be 24 hours after the end date of Round 1.
6. The start date of the Final will be 24 hrs after the end date of Round 2.

Thanks!

Dazed

Posted: 06/08/09 16:45 

dagilli:

Dazed:

The player code is in function.jrBattle_Vote.php (voting screen) module and also in the function.jrBattleVoteview.php module (view the votes screen). these are in the Smarty directory under jrBattle.

Ahh functions! That changes things a bit lol.

I tried changing the jamroom_url to master_url in there for the images and no go. Can you check it out and let me know?

I will see if I can change this to a popup but it looks like it would be tricky so I may just leave it as is.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345...1213141516Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules