Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
Inserting Into the modules table
jamesd116

Posted: 06/21/09 07:04 
IF I had some data I Wanted to insert into the table when I run the integreity script how would this be acheived. I have tried touse the INSERT INTO butit did not work is their a special way to do it in the module.
Thanks

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/21/09 08:48 

jamesd116:
IF I had some data I Wanted to insert into the table when I run the integreity script how would this be acheived. I have tried touse the INSERT INTO butit did not work is their a special way to do it in the module.
Thanks

No.. you just would add a check in your schema.php file to test if the field already exists - if it does not (or doesn't contain the data you want), then you do an INSERT. Check out the main jamroom/include/jamroom-schema.inc.php file - it has dozens of examples of this.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

jamesd116

Posted: 06/21/09 09:27 
will give this a try thanks

Posted: 06/21/09 09:51 
I have pulled this from youe schema.inc.php file

Code
   }
        // Member Quota
        $req = "INSERT INTO {$jamroom_db['quota']}
                (quota_id, quota_time, quota_name, quota_disk, quota_max, quota_rank, quota_spot, quota_search, quota_radio,
                 quota_stats, quota_deep, quota_option1, quota_option2, quota_option3, quota_option4,
                 quota_themes, quota_cushion, quota_note )
                VALUES
                (-1,'". time() ."','Member Quota',5,0,'yes','no','yes','yes','yes','no','0','0','0','0','0','1',
                 'this is a sample admin note - you can use this field for notes that relate to this Jamroom Quota')";
        $cnt = dbQuery($req,'COUNT');
        if (!isset($cnt) || $cnt != 1) {
            jmLogger(0,'CRI',"dbVerifyDatabase() unable to create initial Jamroom Member Quota - verify database connectivity");
        }

Is this enough of information pulled or should I have more or less of this. I am in the process of changing the information over to my own as far as the data goes but im not sure about the stuff below the values

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace