User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
these smarty templates and CSS file driving me crazy
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/23/05 15:46 

sputnik:

djmerlyn:
It looks to me that your problem is actually having 2 different CSS tables in the same page, using the same names for CSS values (ie; jmTableH).

One way to handle that, is to make sure that you don't "include" content into another page that has CSS values that are the same.

Or, make different CSS sheets for different pages, and name the values different.

If you are using CSS on a page, and you "include" something that also uses a CSS, the included file will automatically take on the CSS of the main page its being included in to.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

yeah but what would be nice is if you could say for instance edit the color the size of font anyway you wanted independent of the css file like i can do with phbb forum headers. I don't like css files never use them i prefer to just edit each page and each block of text myself accordingly to how i want it to look and not have it refer to a css file as to what its supposed to look like.

in the jamroom headers if you say for instance insert a line of text that says "welcome" then you select the text and change the color or size the jamroom script will give you an error saying that it could not recognize the blah blah blah on a certain line of code. the reason for this being I have figured correct me if im wrong is because the page will not allow any "styles" or text changes built into the page . It will only allow the css file to dictate what that line of text will look like.

but oh well i guess it will be a learning process for me

You can do this - just remove the reference to the CSS script from the header and then code it directly in to the HTML.

I'd recommend in the long run though that you begin using CSS - as your site grows in complexity (and pages) you will begin to discover how much easier it is to seperate your style (i.e. colors, font faces, etc.) from your presentation (i.e. your tables, div's, etc.).

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core