Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Changing Login Screen Layout
piro

Posted: 12/23/03 23:05 
I was hoping to redesign the login screen, I cannot see any tutorial which says what php code must remain and what can be removed in the header..

I did give it ago, guessing what was needed and what I could remove, but I got nowhere fast..

Brian any chance you (or some other genius) could make a post, with what must be in the header of login.php if we are going to change the layout and design of login.php.

It would certainly help me, and I think a few others..

This seems about one of only a few pages we have no control over, other than it's colours.

Many Thanks

Peter

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/24/03 09:10 

piro:
I was hoping to redesign the login screen, I cannot see any tutorial which says what php code must remain and what can be removed in the header..

I did give it ago, guessing what was needed and what I could remove, but I got nowhere fast..

Brian any chance you (or some other genius) could make a post, with what must be in the header of login.php if we are going to change the layout and design of login.php.

It would certainly help me, and I think a few others..

This seems about one of only a few pages we have no control over, other than it's colours.

Many Thanks

Peter

Currently ther'e's not really an easy way to change it, and it comes down to the fact that there is so much error checking / lniking going on from the login script. It has to check for bad passwords, link to forgotten passwords, deal with the system being "locked" yet still letting admins in, link to the signup form, check all the input values on the signup/forgot password forms, etc. You would have to make your form/interface be able to handle all of that to in order to not use the login.php that comes with Jamroom.

It's something I have looked into before, but have ended up making it so you can have it in the style you want. This seems to have worked pretty good so far.

Note that yuo can always make a simple HTML form with login/pass on it, then have it call Jamroom's login.php script as the action of the form. If there are problems though, it will then go back to Jamroom's login form, but for most of the time they would only see your small form.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

piro

Posted: 12/25/03 11:41 
Yes it helps great deal knowing I can do that, you have to excuse me being a dummy, but another stupid question relating to linking to login.php

Does any headers need to be included, for example if I have file index.html and I put a login and password box on it and link to to post to login.php will i need to put in "require this/that/other.inc" ??

Or will it work without having to use any required files?

Thanks for your patience...

Peter Shocked

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons