is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
( no files found in UPLOADS directory )
bbkhiav

Posted: 08/22/03 19:04 
Hi Brian,

Wow... Jamroom Rocks! Shocked

Everything is working fine, except that no matter how many songs and images I upload for different bands, they all say "( no files found in UPLOADS directory )" on the modify page. I can see the Uploads dir but it stays empty, and the songs and images are all being uploads into the SONGS folder for each band instead.

So where do I set the path for the uploads ? Thanks !

- Babak

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/22/03 20:14 
Babak -

thanks for writing. The "uploads" directory is actually an alternate method for getting files into Jamroom - if you put mp3's , images (jpg's, gif's), etc. in there, then they will become available for "import" into the Add Song, Modify Song, etc. screens. This has one main benefit:

Let say you want to upload 10 mp3's that are 4-5 megabytes apiece. You could upload them one at a time through the Add Song screen, by browsing your hard drive and choosing them one at a time, OR you could upload ALL of the songs at once, along with their song images, to the jamroom/uploads/<band number> directory, and then when you go to Add Song, you will see all of those files are available to "import" - saving you the time of having to wait for each file to upload. This becomes a big convenience (and time saver) for those on a dial-up modem.

After you Add a Song however, the song is copied over to the jamroom/songs/<band number> directory - this is the location the song must be in order for it to be streamed and downloaded.

I hope this helps!

- Brian

P.S. - check out the User Guide - I recently added a section on Importing Songs.

bbkhiav

Posted: 08/22/03 20:47 
Thanks for the fast reply! I get it now... thats actually a cool feature Smile

Ok, now I did something really stupid and deleted all the data inside the jamroom_user tablespace in my DB. Now I don't even have a Admin login Sad . I am trying to fill in these manually, but I seem to be doing something wrong...is there any other workaround to create a Master admin user besides re-installing? I know the password has to be encrypted too... jeez..what have I done ???

user_id
user_band_id
user_group_id
user_deleted
user_created
user_updated
user_fullname
user_nickname
user_password
user_emailadr
user_homepage
user_imnumber

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/22/03 20:57 
Babak -

unfortunately there is no way to get it back if the database entries are deleted!! Sad

You can use phpMyAdmin to do a "backup" of your database (I am going to do a document on how to do this) so in the future this won't happen.

Here is what I can do for you though - insert an entry into jamroom_user using phpMyAdmin with the following column values:

user_id - 0
user_band_id - 0
user_group_id - 0
user_deleted - no
user_created - 1061253823
user_updated - 1061253823
user_fullname - (enter your name or whatever)
user_nickname - admin
user_password - "czo2OiJhYmMxMjMiOw==" < this must be entered exactly, without quotes
user_emailadr - (whatever)
user_homepage - (whatever)
user_imnumber - (whatever)

After you do this you should be able to log back in as:

user: admin
pass: abc123

I hope it works out!! Let me know if that gets you back in...

- Brian

bbkhiav

Posted: 08/22/03 21:11 
It does work..BIG THANKS!

I knew I had to enter the password in an encrypted format (this is MD3 right?) but I didnt know how to convert it! That sure helped and I am back in now and up and running.

wooohooo...

Thanks again! Now where was I ....

zed

Posted: 08/29/03 11:50 
hi brian,

I thought I'd put this in here as it is a related issue: my server is running in safe mode and I don't have shell access. so I've uploaded two files directly to the bands upload directory (/upload/2/ in my case). but these files don't show up when I add a song. this is really strange and I've gone through the whole thing and tested it with other files again and again to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake. but I am stuck.

do you have an idea where I am making my mistake?

thanks for your help in advance

zed

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/29/03 13:46 
zed -

currently (with beta5) if your server is running in safe mode the "import" features are disabled since it CAN cause more headaches then it is worth. With the next release you will be able to turn it "back on" if you want.

Remember though that when PHP is running in safe mode, it will only operate on files that have the same unix OWNER ID and GROUP ID as the Jamroom PHP scripts themselves. As long as you upload the files yourself via FTP, it probably will not be an issue, but it can cause headaches on multi-user systems.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons