Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module has been released!
musiccreatures

Posted: 10/25/09 00:17 
mcClassifiedAds V1.0.0 has been released and is in the Jamroom Marketplace. The mcClassifiedAds Module is a classified Ads solution
for those who are looking to integrate classified Ads into your jamroom website.

Features:
Customizable Ad Categories: - Use the pre-installed ad categories or create your own.
Ad Display Interval: - Control how many days your users ads will run.
Post Ads: - Allow all artist and members to post classified ads or just the quotas you wish.
Allow Certain or all quotas to post ads that run at a later date, with the allow start dates feature.
Configure the amount of active ads each quota may post.
Pre-Approve a quotas ads to instantly run or flag them as pending, which puts them in the pending box for approval by master admin.
Ad Browser Tool: - View a sortable list of running and pending ads. Toggle individual ads visibility or click to quick edit.
Category Browser Tool: - View a sortable list of enabled and disabled ad categories. Toggle their visibility to show or hide all ads within the category.
Ad Purging Tool - Quickly purge expired ads from the database. Enter the amount of days ads must be expired, for them to be purged(from all or individual Categories)

Plugs right into: Cobalt3, Flashback, JamTube, Sage, & Evolution. (Nova and more skins coming soon.)

To see a demo, feel free to visit: http://test2.music-creatures.com

littlericky

Posted: 10/25/09 05:57 
Is there a login for a user cp demo? Thanks

american

Posted: 10/25/09 08:43 

musiccreatures:
mcClassifiedAds V1.0.0 has been released and is in the Jamroom Marketplace. The mcClassifiedAds Module is a classified Ads solution
for those who are looking to integrate classified Ads into your jamroom website.

Features:
Customizable Ad Categories: - Use the pre-installed ad categories or create your own.
Ad Display Interval: - Control how many days your users ads will run.
Post Ads: - Allow all artist and members to post classified ads or just the quotas you wish.
Allow Certain or all quotas to post ads that run at a later date, with the allow start dates feature.
Configure the amount of active ads each quota may post.
Pre-Approve a quotas ads to instantly run or flag them as pending, which puts them in the pending box for approval by master admin.
Ad Browser Tool: - View a sortable list of running and pending ads. Toggle individual ads visibility or click to quick edit.
Category Browser Tool: - View a sortable list of enabled and disabled ad categories. Toggle their visibility to show or hide all ads within the category.
Ad Purging Tool - Quickly purge expired ads from the database. Enter the amount of days ads must be expired, for them to be purged(from all or individual Categories)

Plugs right into: Cobalt3, Flashback, JamTube, Sage, & Evolution. (Nova and more skins coming soon.)

To see a demo, feel free to visit: http://test2.music-creatures.com

Isn't this http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Ad_Manager the same ....

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
musiccreatures

Posted: 10/25/09 09:46 
This is not the same as the ad manager...It is a way for your users to post classified ads.
IE: Items for sale, Looking for musicians, etc. If anyone would like to check out the CP, feel free to send me a PM and I will send you the login info.

ktb1025

Posted: 10/25/09 13:01 
That's a very interesting and useful app! Nice work! I have one question... Can your classifieds be set up so anyone can ANSWER THIS AD? Or do people need to be logged in? I can foresee potential responders that do not have accounts, possibly losing interest in the item for sale if they have to log in to reply to it. Otherwise, it looks like a winner!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
musiccreatures

Posted: 10/25/09 14:12 
Thanks for the response. I had considered making it available for any to respond. As of now, the module uses jamrooms PM feature which requires users to be logged in. I was worried about opening up a doorway for spammers to bombard our community with solicitations. It is not out of the question though, on a future release or update.

king

Posted: 10/26/09 19:57 

musiccreatures:
Thanks for the response. I had considered making it available for any to respond. As of now, the module uses jamrooms PM feature which requires users to be logged in. I was worried about opening up a doorway for spammers to bombard our community with solicitations. It is not out of the question though, on a future release or update.

will you make this mod for projam?

musiccreatures

Posted: 10/26/09 20:34 
Thank you for the interest in the mcClassifiedAds module. I am working on support for the nova skin as well as the Oinkba skins. Currently I am unable to write the skin templates for Proton2, Mediapro, or projam because I cant afford to purchase the skins, just for testing. If someone would be willing to email me the jr_content.tpl (or equivelent) for proton2, mediapro or projam, I would be more than happy to make this module compatible with the skin.

musiccreatures

Posted: 10/26/09 21:42 
Nova is now supported with the mcClassifiedAds Module.

xmla

Posted: 10/26/09 22:03 
If you need someone to assist you on testing for projam and possibly, mediapro for another project I'm quoting, let me know.

M
XSR

musiccreatures:
Thank you for the interest in the mcClassifiedAds module. I am working on support for the nova skin as well as the Oinkba skins. Currently I am unable to write the skin templates for Proton2, Mediapro, or projam because I cant afford to purchase the skins, just for testing. If someone would be willing to email me the jr_content.tpl (or equivelent) for proton2, mediapro or projam, I would be more than happy to make this module compatible with the skin.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/27/09 11:36 
Congrats on your release Tim - it looks really nice Wink

- Brian

american

Posted: 10/27/09 13:42 

musiccreatures:
This is not the same as the ad manager...It is a way for your users to post classified ads.
IE: Items for sale, Looking for musicians, etc. If anyone would like to check out the CP, feel free to send me a PM and I will send you the login info.

Creature..

I would like to use this function to allow the artists/bands to post add/banner/etc.on their own theme pages... I don't believe this is possible with this module...

The add/banner/etc. would appear in the theme, of all bands that use the theme.. Correct?

As for the users posting classified ads, these would appear in the skin and in the sections that the admin has selected to add the "plugin edit"...

This is all possible with Kyle's free ad_manager.. I would think kyle should be upset at you adding an edit to his work and calling it your own...

WTH!

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/27/09 13:45 

american:

musiccreatures:

Creature..

I would like to use this function to allow the artists/bands to post add/banner/etc.on their own theme pages... I don't believe this is possible with this module...

The add/banner/etc. would appear in the theme, of all bands that use the theme.. Correct?

As for the users posting classified ads, these would appear in the skin and in the sections that the admin has selected to add the "plugin edit"...

This is all possible with Kyle's free ad_manager.. I would think kyle should be upset at you adding an edit to his work and calling it your own...

WTH!

This is a Claissifed Ads module - not an Advertisments module. There are no "banners" that I am aware of.

Also - the "Ad Manager" is part of the payment pack, and is not free.

I personally checked out Tim's module before it was available in the Marketplace, and it does not use any previously created Jamroom code - it is new from the ground up.

- Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 10/27/09 15:35 
Thanks for the compliment bigguy. For those who are waiting for the Oinkba skins, to be included with this module, I am waiting for a reply from the Oinkba support team. It is a priority.
Also, keep in mind that a purchase of mcClassifiedAds 1.x, you will be entitled to updates with new features. Some of these features include: Image support, Sub Categories, and a Renew ads feature(Which will be in the quota config, so you can add it to your list of members features)
These features will be coming very soon, but like I mentioned above, the Oinkba skins: Proton2, MediaPro, ProJam Light & Dark, and the unreleased Projam2, are my first priority, as well as any bugs that may come up. Please use the Third Party Products and Support Forum to report any bugs that you may find in this module. It has been tested over the past 45 days, and I have found no bugs as of yet.

ktb1025

Posted: 10/27/09 16:40 
I already purchased the mod because I like the way it looked and worked. Just waiting on the package. One thing popped out, is that there's no image upload associated with the ad, like there is for songs, events, etc... I was wondering if you left that out intentionally or not.

And the ability to charge for posting a classified. I don't see a specific method, but I can assume that paid quotas could have acces to post classifieds while others wouldn't. I could only imagine the nightmare of integrating a classifieds ad system into JR with a pay per ad option. Just the same, I think this will work very well for my needs.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons