Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
musiccreatures

Posted: 11/09/09 17:33 
mcClassifiedAds v1.8.2 Now released!
See below for details.

Written for Jamroom 4.x, the mcClassifiedAds module is the first classified ads solution that runs within the Jamroom environment. mcClassifiedAds eliminates the need of bridging a separate PHP application, which diverts your visitors from your Jamroom Website. This module gives the master admin complete control over which quotas may post ads, How many ads each quota may have
running at one time, Whether the quotas new ads are pre-approved to instantly run -or- if they are pending approval, you may also give quotas the ability to create ads which will run at a later date. Use the stock Ad Categories or create your own. mcClassifiedAds is easy to configure and comes with easy to use Classified Ads and Ad Category management tools. Also comes with Classified Ads Purging Tool, to delete expired ads.

New Feature(s):

V1.8.2 bug fix.
This bug fix addresses the issue that when a member responds to an ad, that there image as well the 'from' name wouldn't appear.
The only files that were altered in this fix were:
jamroomRoot/mcClassifiedAds.php
jamroomRoot/modules/mcClassifiedAds/include.php

If you would like to save time, simply download latest release, unzip to your local hard drive, then upload the 2 files mentioned above.

As far as the report abuse. I am working on it. I came up with a more logical approach.

V1.8.0
Premium Categories have been added. This allows the master admin to create premium categories which may be posted to, only by certain quota's.

More features coming soon.

V1.7.0

Image Upload with ads or categories
    Allow Quotas to renew expired ads
    No longer uses your skins contact template, to answer ads. Uses internal contact form.
    Category list shows ad count.

Regional information can be turned on and off at module settings and quota.
    Enable the regional information(Location, City, Zipcode) in the module settings,
    Control which quotas may enter the additional information(Which is searchable)
    NOTE: The location box will now default to the location in users profile.
    Uses location.txt if exists.

Ad visibility control can be enabled in module settings.
    Allow you users to control the visibility of their ad.

New skin templates for the new ProJam2 skin.

Revised skin templates (all skins)

Fixed in v1.5.4
    Answer Ad Button wasn't working correctly. It was using band_id instead of user_id. -FIXED

Now the master admin can delete ad categories w/o worrying about the ads that may be in them. When the master admin deletes a category, that contains ads, the ads will be moved to the default category, before the category is deleted.

This is not a module for managing your advertisements. This is a Classified Ads Module which allows your members to post Classified Ads.
Also Available: Free Plugin for mobile module.

Ready to plug right in to: Cobalt3, Evolution, Flashback, JameTube, Nova, Sage, Projam, mediapro, Proton2 and the new ProJam2

Check out the demo and the readme file.
Demo *
Readme *
Buy Now

*Please note, that our demo site has moved. The above links have been changed and will take you to the right demo site. If you have bookmarked this demo site, please change it to:
    http://mcClassifiedAds.music-creatures.com

CP Logins

Username: masteradmin
Password: testing123

Username: testmember1

Username: testartist1

*Please make sure that if you change any settings, that you change them back when you are done testing out the demo, including the skin. Thanks.

Fixed in V1.6.2:
The Ad counter no longer counts hidden ads.
The ad poster may post html(Although no Admin control has been added to restrict it, yet)

Fixed in V1.6.3 08-01-2010
Jamroom users who use a different directory than 'media' will need this upgrade. Other than that, you will not need the latest version.
If by chance, you are like myself and have to always have the most recent versions, follow these steps:
-Download the module from the marketplace
-Unzip the module to your hard drive.
-Upload the following files to your jamroom site:
- <jamroom_root>/modules/mcClassifiedAds/include.php
- <jamroom_root>/modules/mcClassifiedAds/include/mcClassifiedAds-tools.inc.php

-Run the integrity checker.
-Done

Fixed in V1.7.0 08-03-2010
mcClassifiedAds will now inform users if there are no ads within a category.
Also there was a bug fix in which mcClassifiedAds was unable to upload photos if a directory other than 'media' was used.

Please Note: - There were only a fewof files that were adjusted in this update. If you wish to update to the most recent version, follow these steps:

-Download mcClassifiedAds V1.7.0 from the marketplace
    -Unzip the module's package to your local hard drive.
    -Using an FTP client (such as filezilla), upload the following files to your jamroom server:

- modules/mcClassifiedAds/include.php
      - modules/mcClassifiedAds/include/mcClassifiedAds-tools.inc
      - modules/mcClassifiedAds/ranking/mcClassifiedAds.php
      - skin/<your skin directory>/mcads_header.tpl *

*if you rotate skins you should update the mcads_header.tpl file for each skin you use.

- Done

I hope to have more features added soon. Its almost finals week. UGH!

I haven't had the chance to test the mcClassifiedAds module with the new jamroom 4.2 release. If you have any issues with mcClassifiedAds after making the upgrade, please post to this forum. Thanks.

Thanks,
Tim McCune

Last edited by musiccreatures on 12/11/10 01:40; edited 19 times in total
maghreb

Posted: 11/10/09 05:31 
Hello musiccreatures,

I tried the demo as an admin and also as an artist under Nova Skin. I am impressed. Thank you.

- Is it possible to force the ads to expire after a certain time (set only by the administrator through the CP).

- This is not a really "must have", but nice if we can assign a photo to each AD like we do for songs.

- How can we show in each profile index page the ADS related only to the owner of this profile if he/she has already created some.

Thank you again.

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/10/09 09:46 
Thanks for the feedback. Those are all features I plan on adding to a future release.

webster

Posted: 11/11/09 13:07 
Do you plan to implement to sort by popular categories and/or ads using ranking so that it can be placed elsewhere on the site? Or can this already be done?

Also do you think image upload will be added in the next update.

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/11/09 14:14 
Thank you for your reply. I hadn't considered the popular category idea. I will now though. In regards to the image upload, that is already in the works. I need to fine tune a couple things, with the current release, then I will get moving on the following features:
Image support - Allow quotas the ability to upload photos.
Add band image on actual ad page.
Sub Categories - Allow admin to create parent and child categories.
IE For Sale>guitars or Artists looking>Guitarist looking for band

Embedded ads - Allow users to embed their ads on their profiles.

As of now, I do not have an estimated release for these features. I will post more to the forum as they arrive. Newest features added to this release:
Allow ad renewal - Allow quotas to renew ads
Pending ads tool - Allow master admin to approve, reject or delete pending ads.

If you have any suggestions on features for this module, feel free to post them to this thread.

EnjoyRC

Posted: 11/13/09 11:02 
Is this the primary forum to post bugs, feature requests, help requests?

It'd be kinda cool to see a bit of stats when you first click Classifies. Example, The categories on the Classifieds home page could include some stats of the number of listings in it.

I fear making too many customizations to the cosmetic appearance right now, because it seems like you're still developing it. I was thinking about a graphic or icon for each category too.

Posted: 11/13/09 11:23 
I get this when clicking "Answer this ad" (I'm using the Nova theme);

Code
the template file "script_contact.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the themes/Nova directory

Last edited by EnjoyRC on 11/13/09 11:41; edited 1 time in total
musiccreatures

Posted: 11/13/09 11:33 
Thank you for your post. This would be where you would post bugs, feature requests, help requests.

Quote:
It'd be kinda cool to see a bit of stats when you first click Classifies. Example, The categories on the Classifieds home page could include some stats of the number of listings in it.

The next release will contain a count of ads within each category.
IE For Sale (143 Ads)
I hope to have this working within the next couple days. The hold back is, I need to be able to add this feature, without causing any issues with the sub categories feature(Coming soon).

Quote:
I fear making too many customizations to the cosmetic appearance right now, because it seems like you're still developing it. I was thinking about a graphic or icon for each category too.

I am waiting on a reply with regards to image uploading. The Developers Docs are fairly vague on this subject(Or at least to me). I will be adding image uploading to categories as well as adding a feature in the quotas menu to allow users to upload images to their Ads.

I hope I have answered all of your questions?

Thanks,
Tim

EnjoyRC

Posted: 11/13/09 11:41 

musiccreatures:
I hope I have answered all of your questions?

By the way... great job on the module. Very well implemented!

Posted: 11/13/09 12:00 
Terribly sorry about the link issue. I am working on it now, hope to have it resolved very shortly. Near as I can figure, since the Nova theme has the contact form, built into the main page of the theme, I need to be able to either: A) Write a contact us page for nova -or- B) Figure out how to load the nova theme with the contact form. Either way, I will have this fixed very shortly.

Thanks for the understanding and thanks for the props Smile

-Tim

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/13/09 12:59 

musiccreatures:
Terribly sorry about the link issue. I am working on it now, hope to have it resolved very shortly. Near as I can figure, since the Nova theme has the contact form, built into the main page of the theme, I need to be able to either: A) Write a contact us page for nova -or- B) Figure out how to load the nova theme with the contact form. Either way, I will have this fixed very shortly.

Thanks for the understanding and thanks for the props Smile

-Tim

Tim -

If the site is running Nova, you should be able to link to:

{$JAMROOM_URL}/pages/contact

or in PHP:

"{$jamroom[jm_htm']}/pages/contact"

Hope this helps!

- Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/13/09 20:54 
I have just updated the mcClassifiedAds module to mcClassifiedAds V1.3.2
This release addresses the nova skin/theme issue where users are unable to answer ads.
The new release no longer uses the script_contact.tpl template to answer ads, but a internal form to send the PM messages.

Hope this helps,
Tim

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/17/09 22:19 
mcClassifiedAds V1.4.1 has been uploaded to the jamroom marketplace.
There was an issue with the new ad counting feature which would only display categories that had ads in it. The new version addresses this issue. If you have purchased this module, I highly suggest that you update as soon as possible. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Tim

EnjoyRC

Posted: 12/01/09 12:10 
Are you considering a way to display "Newest classifieds" or something like that on the Front Jamroom Index page? How are the graphics doing?

Posted: 12/01/09 20:20 
Thanks for the Post. I am adding a feature to the module that will show a count of ads in each category, like:

For Sale 154 Ads 14 New
Musicians Wanted 210 Ads 5 New

Etc.

I am also working on the template functions and variable modifiers to give Jamroom site owners the ability to embed Certain aspects of the module, on what ever pages they wish. For example, a list of a users ads could be embedded on their template, or the home page could show the X newest ads that are featured.

With regards to the graphics. I am still trying to work out some issues. I have some posts that I am waiting for a response on. I am able to get the image to upload(I see it in the proper directory) but I am unable to get the JR image.php script to display the image.

I will keep you posted with the progress.
Thanks,
Tim

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core