Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
maghreb

Posted: 12/04/09 19:55 
Great work musiccreatures!
Please do inform us as I am very interested in your module.
Regards.

musiccreatures

Posted: 12/04/09 20:16 
Thanks for the Feedback. The image upload is working great. Just need to get the JR image.php script to read it correctly. Other than that, I hope to have this released by early next week.

If you have any feature requests, bug issues, or comments, Please post them on this thread,

Thanks again,
Tim

webster

Posted: 12/09/09 21:02 

musiccreatures:
Thanks for the Feedback. The image upload is working great. Just need to get the JR image.php script to read it correctly. Other than that, I hope to have this released by early next week.

If you have any feature requests, bug issues, or comments, Please post them on this thread,

Thanks again,
Tim

Sounds great. Can't wait for the image upload.

Here are some feature requests:

Members can favorite listings.
Abuse reporting.
Ability to add custom fields.
Ability for user to hide or deactivate ads.
Printer friendly view of listings.
Option for admin to get emails when new listings are placed.
Optional captcha can be turned on when user is adding ads.
Optional message sent to user to alert them their ad is about to expire or was deleted.

musiccreatures

Posted: 12/10/09 00:53 
Great feature requests. I will do my best.

With regards to the option for admin to get emails when new listings are placed. That is currently being added to the next release(Along with the image upload)

The following ads are fairly simple to integrate:
-The abuse reporting.
-Ability for user to hide or deactivate ads.
-Optional message sent to user to alert them their ad is about to expire or was delete.
-Printer friendly view of listings.

I will add them to my list of upcoming features and I hope to have them in a near future release.

As for:
-Members can favorite listings
-ability to add custom fields

If you would be so kind as to elaborate? I just want to be clear as to what you mean, exactly.

Thanks again for your feature requests, and I hope to most of them implemented shortly.

-Tim

webster

Posted: 12/12/09 12:47 

musiccreatures:
Great feature requests. I will do my best.

With regards to the option for admin to get emails when new listings are placed. That is currently being added to the next release(Along with the image upload)

The following ads are fairly simple to integrate:
-The abuse reporting.
-Ability for user to hide or deactivate ads.
-Optional message sent to user to alert them their ad is about to expire or was delete.
-Printer friendly view of listings.

I will add them to my list of upcoming features and I hope to have them in a near future release.

As for:
-Members can favorite listings
-ability to add custom fields

If you would be so kind as to elaborate? I just want to be clear as to what you mean, exactly.

Thanks again for your feature requests, and I hope to most of them implemented shortly.

-Tim

Thanks!

I know that Jamroom has Custom Form Fields, but I'm wondering how it would work with the Classifieds, since it needs to be available on the Classifieds form itself. I know a lot of people would probably like to add additional form fields such as compensation, etc. That's what I was meaning by the custom fields.

As for favorites - When "add to favorites" is clicked, the classified ad listing gets placed on the users favorite classifieds lists. The user can also select to show their classified favorites on their profile or keep them private. Something like bookmarks. I'm thinking that if they keep their classified ads private there could should be a .tpl in the skin folder that shows the list of their favorite classified ads when logged in.

webster

Posted: 12/26/09 13:12 
musiccreatures any new status on the image upload feature?

musiccreatures

Posted: 12/26/09 13:44 
I am able to get the image to physically upload to the server but unfortunately I am unable to get it to display. I have some threads posted to get this resolved but I haven't had any responses in a while. I do apologize for the delay. I am very excited to get this new version released.

If you have access to the following forum topics, feel free to follow along with its progress here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32623&highlight=

and here

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32550&highlight=

The new release is virtually ready to go, just need to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Happy Holidays,
Tim

king

Posted: 12/26/09 19:09 
how do i get the classified link to show on my mobile site? I have uploaded everything I needed, is there a button i need to push in the control panel to activate?

musiccreatures

Posted: 12/26/09 23:41 
Did you upload the mobleModule Addon? Are you able to load the the classified links on the PC website?

jitentank

Posted: 01/06/10 12:49 
MC - looks like a great module. I want to purchase it but just wanted to know if it is compatible with the new Oinkba ProJam II template?

If not, any indication of when it will be made compatible as I am eager to have it incorporated into my site!

musiccreatures

Posted: 01/06/10 20:04 
Thanks for the interest. I knew they were going to release the projam II skin, i just didn't know when it was going to be released. The Oinkba staff has been very generous in allowing me to create the skin templates for their skins. I will get to work on it A.S.A.P. I will keep you posted on its progress.

Thanks,
Tim

PS: For those who are eagerly waiting for image upload, I am still working out the bugs. This last thread I posted, on the topic, has been most helpful. Thanks Kyle, webster, and SteveX for all your input and helpful suggestions.

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 01/07/10 13:07 
Tim - just installed and it's working like a charm!

Where is the language file that controls the "Classified Ads" button in User control panel?

I want to change that to say "Classifieds"

Brian

musiccreatures

Posted: 01/21/10 22:13 
The language file is located in the mcClassifiedAds folder, located in the jamroom module folder. The file you will want to edit is:

<jamroom>/modules/mcClassifiedAds/language/english.lang.php

There are several lines in this file. some of them are dynamic, meaning that one might read,
'classified ads' and another one reads 'classified ads settings' but in the language file it might read:

Code

$language['mcClassifiedAds'][1] = 'Classified Ads';
$language['mcClassifiedAds'][105] = $language['mcClassifiedAds'][1] .' settings';

Another thing to look out for, when altering this file, is that in some instances, I used a "placeholder" and use PHP's str_replace. What this means is, you may see a line in the language file that reads:

Code

$language['mcClassifiedAds'][200] = 'Allow Start Dates';
$language['mcClassifiedAds'][201] = 'Use Ad Visibility';
$language['mcClassifiedAds'][205] = 'Please check the %setting% setting.  Must be set to yes or no.';

Then in the modules source, i may use.

Code

$errCode = str_replace('%setting%',$language['mcClassifiedAds'][200],$language['mcClassifiedAds'][205]);

Make sure you back the file up, before you change things. You will get strange behavior with jamroom if the file has any syntax errors.

Oh and for some reason, although it is a PHP file, you can't place the closing ?> at the end of the file, It will go funky on you, if you do.

If you need any assistance or have any further questions, please let me know. Very Happy
Thanks,
-Tim

EnjoyRC

Posted: 01/25/10 15:18 
I upgraded to the latest release and now none of the listing are displayed. I can see them in the Admin Console. Any ideas?

Posted: 01/25/10 17:05 
Try to reset the cache. Log on as master admin, then navigate to the jamroom tools. twards the bottom of the tools page, you will see the reset cache. Try that. You may also need to clear your cache files from your browser.

I will look at the code and see if I goofed anything up. I do have another release, coming out a bit later today or tomorrow, with new features. Let me know how the reset caches works.

Thanks,
Tim

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core