Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
EnjoyRC

Posted: 01/25/10 17:29 
I reset cache prior to posting. I just reset it again and still cannot see listings.

Also, when in the Admin screens, the icon is missing on the left

Posted: 01/26/10 01:01 
Something that I overlooked is the expiration date. In the module settings, there is a setting called 'Ad Display Interval' This setting determines the length of time each ad will "run" The module defaults at "7" days. This was added to the module so that ads wouldn't be permanent. At any rate, I would be cerious to see if the ads are not being displayed because of this setting?
Try changing the 'Ad Display Interval' to 30 and see if that resolves your issue.

Another setting could possibly be the new visibility setting. This new setting allows users to control the visibility of their ads. Make sure that the ads have a ad_visibility = 1. To do so, you could use PhpMyAdmin and type the following Command, in the SQL Tab of the jamroom database:

Code

SELECT * FROM jamroom_mcAds WHERE ad_visibility=1;

Note that if you are using a different table prefix than jamroom_ than you will want to alter the above command to match. IE if your table prefix is jr_ than the command would be:

Code

SELECT * FROM jr_mcAds WHERE ad_visibility=1;

If you dont have any results returned, than this is the issue. To fix the issue, you will want to type the following SQL command in the PhpMyAdmin SQL window:

Code
UPDATE jamroom_mcAds SET ad_visibility=1 WHERE ad_visibility=0;

If you are not fimiliar with using PhpMyAdmin or are uncomfortable using it, feel free to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you through it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
-Tim

EnjoyRC

Posted: 01/26/10 05:11 
All current ads have ad_visibility = 1
And the Interval was set to 30

What I did find is that all the classifieds were beyond 30 days. And the previous version wasn't hiding um. So once I did the upgrade the interval was working and it hid all of them.

So, it's a non-issue. Thanks for your help and for coding a great module for JR.

Posted: 01/30/10 19:58 
When trying to create a new ad it's not posting. I looked inside the html and saw that mine is putting:

Code
<form name="form" method="post" target="_self" onsubmit="lockFormSubmit(this)" action="/cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl?tmp_sid=4ef506cs01231231a125" enctype="multipart/form-data">

The demo form is:

Code
<form name="form" method="post" target="_self" onsubmit="lockFormSubmit(this)" action="mcClassifiedAds.php?mode=savead" enctype="multipart/form-data">

Also on the submit button mine has the following:

Code
<input type="button" id="submit_button" value="post ad" class="button"  onclick="uploadFiles(/(png|gif|jpg|jpeg|jpe|bmp)$/i,'You have selected an invalid file type for uploading - valid file types are: png|gif|jpg|jpeg|jpe|bmp','Please be patient while your files are uploaded and processed');">

musiccreatures

Posted: 01/31/10 01:30 
My first thought is that since I have been trying to get the image upload to work, I have the forms setup to use the jrProgressFormBegin() form, instead of the traditional jmBeginForm() function. The jrProgressFormBegin() function is suppose to allow for the upload progress meter to work. Do you by chance have the multi uploader module installed? I have posted a new module update, to the jamroom marketplace. I have reverted the forms back to useing the jmBeginForm() function. I also removed the 'media' flag from the jrFormSubmit() function. Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If not, if you would be so kind as to PM me with the modules settings along with the quota settings and will examine this issue further.

Sorry that you are experiencing these issues, I hope to have them resolved as soon as possible.
-Tim

webster

Posted: 01/31/10 12:03 
Ok. I'll try that. Also, to answer your question, I do not have the multi-uploader installed.

I will report back and let you know how it works out.

webster

Posted: 01/31/10 23:55 
Everything is all good and thanks for the promptness.

Thanks again musiccreatures

dvdpike

Posted: 02/01/10 09:30 
My Classified were working fine until taody when I installed the Molbile version. Now the pages will not load. I can create catagories but then can't delete them. Atrist can't post anything. Stuff like that...

musiccreatures

Posted: 02/05/10 17:11 
I wanted to let everyone know that I am aware of the following issue:
'I am unable to delete ad categories'

This issue has been addressed in the next release, which I hope to have in the marketplace by this weekend.

When Ads are created, they are associated with an ad category. If a category, that has Ads associated with it, is deleted, then these ads are now "Orphaned". This means that the ad purging tool, would not see these ads, and they would remain in the database. I had disabled the delete category mode, to address this issue.

The next release, the "ad category delete" mode will be re-enabled. Now when Categories are deleted, all ads within this category, will be "moved" to the "default category", which is selected in the modules settings. So in this next release, you will be able to delete any ad category but the default category.

I will let everyone know, when this new release is in the marketplace. In the meantime, thank you all for your patience.

-Tim

musiccreatures

Posted: 02/14/10 23:18 
For those of you awaiting the image uploading feature, I apologize for its delay. There has been some complications in its implementation. I have had an active thread in the jamroom beta tester forum and have had several responses. I was even fortunate enough to have Kyle look the code over, only to have him "baffled". Although I am doing everything I can, to get this feature up and running, I am afraid it is going to be a while longer.

I am able to get the image to upload from the user computer to the server. I am also able to get the image information posted to the database tables(as needed by jamrooms image.php script for display) but for some unknown reason, when we try to display the image, using jamrooms image.php script, the header information is not being posted, as expected. This is causing the image to be displayed as though you open it in a standard text editor.

I assure you all, that I am trying my best to get this feature released, as soon as possible, but until I can tackle this issue, the image upload feature will be a while. I am sorry.

Thanks for your understanding,
-Tim

american

Posted: 02/15/10 00:47 

musiccreatures:
For those of you awaiting the image uploading feature, I apologize for its delay. There has been some complications in its implementation. I have had an active thread in the jamroom beta tester forum and have had several responses. I was even fortunate enough to have Kyle look the code over, only to have him "baffled". Although I am doing everything I can, to get this feature up and running, I am afraid it is going to be a while longer.

I am able to get the image to upload from the user computer to the server. I am also able to get the image information posted to the database tables(as needed by jamrooms image.php script for display) but for some unknown reason, when we try to display the image, using jamrooms image.php script, the header information is not being posted, as expected. This is causing the image to be displayed as though you open it in a standard text editor.

I assure you all, that I am trying my best to get this feature released, as soon as possible, but until I can tackle this issue, the image upload feature will be a while. I am sorry.

Thanks for your understanding,
-Tim

Excuses..Excuses.. If graphic uploads will not work.. just say so.

Just don't included it in your package.. Don't say it does when it doesn't..
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
musiccreatures

Posted: 02/15/10 15:37 

Quote:

First off, It isn't included in the package. Secondly, I receive messages on a dialy basis, from people inquiring on the progress of this feature, so if I choose to keep people posted on my module, that's my choice. If you have a problem with that, keep it to yourself.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/16/10 16:26 

american:

Is there a reason for this type of post? If you just want to be a thorn in someone's side, please do it somewhere else - Tim has been providing fantastic support for his module since release, and a post like this doesn't help in any way.

- Brian

american

Posted: 02/16/10 17:03 

bigguy:

american:

Is there a reason for this type of post? If you just want to be a thorn in someone's side, please do it somewhere else - Tim has been providing fantastic support for his module since release, and a post like this doesn't help in any way.

- Brian

You're right..

Sorry Tim.. Embarassed

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
musiccreatures

Posted: 02/16/10 18:09 
I just thought I'd let everyone know, that bigguy found the image upload error, I had in the modules image script. I should have the next release(which will include the below features) by Friday Feb. 19th.

New Features:
Abuse reporting - This will enable users to report ads or messages that contain inappropriate content, spam, scams, illegal content, etc. to the master administrator.

Image Uploading - This feature will allow quota's the ability to upload an image with their ad. This feature will also allow master admin to associate imaages to categories.

If you have any ideas for features that you'd like to see in this classified ads module, please post them to this thread.

Oh and a big thanks to: bigguy, Kyle, ussher, and steveX for all your help and support with this module. And sorry for losing my cool with you american Smile

-Tim

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons