Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
EnjoyRC

Posted: 07/23/10 11:22 
Category Selector Issue
Steps to reproduce:

1. Login as Admin
2. Control Panel
3. [Admin Classified Ads] button on top
4. [Modify Category] Option
5. The drop down for "Please choose a category"

There's an extra category in the list. The first and the last items are the same.

Posted: 07/23/10 11:27 
In the mcClassifiedAds / images folder, I see;

default_mcClassifiedAds_ad_image.png
default_mcClassifiedAds_category_image.png
default_mcClassifiedAds_getImage.png
default_mcClassifiedAds_image.png

I don't see where these are utilized.

Posted: 07/23/10 16:05 
Thank you for informing me of this issue. I will get to work on it right away. I hope to have the issue resolved very soon. With regards to the images, a default image was required by jamroom, as of the time the feature was added. I will check to see if they are still required after the version updates. Thanks again for your feedback. If you have any additional comments, questions of concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Tim McCune

EnjoyRC

Posted: 07/23/10 16:13 
Thanks Tim,

Looking forward to getting my classified section online and for it to be an additional draw to the website.

Mark

Posted: 08/04/10 06:36 
Can you update the documentation for integrating into the Nova Skin? The files have changed with [4.2.0] and I can't find where to place the [Classified] menu button code.

Posted: 08/04/10 07:32 
Thanks for informing me. I will get to work on it, right after class today.

Thanks,
Tim

EnjoyRC

Posted: 08/04/10 07:54 

musiccreatures:
I am also working on the template functions and variable modifiers to give Jamroom site owners the ability to embed Certain aspects of the module, on what ever pages they wish. For example, a list of a users ads could be embedded on their template, or the home page could show the X newest ads that are featured.

Hey Tim,
Did this ever materialize?

Posted: 08/04/10 10:27 
I haven't had the opportunity to integrate that feature into the module. I still have a bit to learn about, when it comes to smarty templates. It is a feature I plan to implement, soon. Finals week is coming up next week, so I probably wont have time to add any major features until break. Thanks for your understanding Smile

-Tim

Huw
Oinkba Design

Posted: 09/09/10 07:17 
Hi Tim

Is the classifieds module currently integrated into the payment system?

- Huw

blackE36

Posted: 11/27/10 18:20 
I purchased the mcClassified module and I'm having trouble finding any of the skins or tpl files. I've installed the module and I have it setup and working fine on the backend - I'm able to create and modify categories and the "admin classifieds ads" button is working.

The problem I'm having is on the frontend of the site and after linking to the classified page following your instructions I get this error - "the template file "classifieds.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/ProJam2 directory". The zip file I downloaded from the Jamroom marketplace didn't have a skin directory or any tpl files anywhere in it and I noticed that none were created on my server after installing the module.

Just let me know if I'm missing something or if there are files missing from the zip file in the marketplace. I'm pretty sure I just need the tpl files for the Projam2 skin to get it to work.

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/28/10 18:26 
Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention. I forgot to add the skins directory to the modules zip package. Everything should be working smoothly and I have updated the marketplace download.

Thanks again and sorry for my mix up,
Tim

Kamel

Posted: 11/29/10 10:48 
Greetings Tim,

I have been 'on the fence' about this module for a while but think the Holidays will make it work..

However i have a question: Is the classifieds module integrated in any way with the PROJam2 payment module so the site gets a ?% of the sale or can the site charge for uploading an ad?

Bless

Kamel

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/29/10 23:04 
I have been working on mcClassifiedAds V2.x which will be a free upgrade for everyone who has purchased mcClassifiedads V1.x. With the new version, I have been working on adding support for the new jamroom 4.2 credit system. Also I hope to integrate the payment system into the module. With these features, the jamroom master admin should have no problem charging their members for ad posting.

However with the current module, I believe that if you were to set up some premium categories, then allow your members to upgrade their membership via quota, you should have no problem achieving the same results.

So basically, copy your existing quotas and give them premium categories posting access, and offer your members upgrades to these new quotas. Although you would want to make sure that your existing quotas do not allow posting ads to premium category.

Hope this helps,

Tim

PS: I dont have a release date for V2.x as of yet. I am still getting to know the new jamroom credit system. I imagine I should have V2 in testing by January, but I'll keep everyone posted.

bodawg

Posted: 12/09/10 13:23 
Cool mod Tim!
It seems that when a user replys to an ad, they are not recognized by jamroom I.e.- when I check my inbox, the reply text shows but the user does not, neither their image nor their username, which when replying back I don't know who the user is that sent the message (reply to the ad)

I'm not seeing the abuse button anywhere either, I did set it to show.

Thanks for any advice!

-Rob

Posted: 12/09/10 14:15 
Thank you for letting me know about the issue. I will look in to it immediately. As far as the report abuse button, I meant for the entire feature, including the settings portion, to be hidden until I can get the system rock solid. I will see what I can do about pushing the abuse report feature to the top of the list, as well as figure out what is going on with the reply issue.

Thanks again and i will be in touch shortly to let you know what the issue is,

Tim M

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core