Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
mcClassifiedAds Module v1.8.2 now released!
voxwerk

Posted: 03/11/11 12:48 
FYI, BBCODE has nothing to do with the issue.

voxwerk

Posted: 03/11/11 14:36 
I looked at how the skin CSS was being applied with this skin.
At Line 272 in mcads_row.tpl I changed class="title" to class="body_3" and that fixed it for me.

Code
<td width="70%" class="title" align="left" valign="top">
<p>{$MCAD_CONTENT}</p>
</td>
<td width="30%" class="title" align="right" valign="top">
{if $MCAD_IMAGE_NAME != ''}{$MCAD_IMAGE_DISPLAY}{/if}
</td>

to

Code
<td width="70%" class="body_3" align="left" valign="top">
<p>{$MCAD_CONTENT}</p>
</td>
<td width="30%" class="body_3" align="right" valign="top">
{if $MCAD_IMAGE_NAME != ''}{$MCAD_IMAGE_DISPLAY}{/if}
</td>

musiccreatures

Posted: 03/12/11 23:22 
Thanks for the post. What skin are you currently using? This way I can apply the fix to the module download package.

With regards to the BBCODE issue, I noticed that jamroom's jmTextArea() function displays the BBCODE and HTML settings as being on or off based on jamroom settings. I believe that I should be able to copy the code from the jmTextArea function, add it to one of the mcClassifiedAds modules include files but with a different name(mcTextArea) and alter the new function to basically do the same thing that jmTextArea does, but display the BBCODE/HTML as on or off, based on the mcClassifiedAds modules settings.

The hospital(and my lungs) tell me I have Pneumonia, I will be more than happy to tackle the issue when I am feeling a bit better(Hopefully very soon)

Thanks again for the post,
Tim McCune

voxwerk

Posted: 03/13/11 08:32 

musiccreatures:
Thanks for the post. What skin are you currently using? This way I can apply the fix to the module download package.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you fell better soon.my prayers are with you.

I'm using cobalt3. After a second look the issue hadn't been solved. I just made it look diferent and tricked my eyes.

For now I'm allowing users to use html to insert breaks. A wysiwyg editor would be better.

whodaniel

Posted: 03/14/11 14:00 
Hope you feel Better soon Tim!

musiccreatures

Posted: 03/15/11 02:28 
Thanks. I appreciate your concerns for my health. I'm not really one for laying around all day. But this really has me floored. And during finals week at school. I am eager to jump in and tackle this issue. I am feeling a bit better, but still feel like crap. They gave me Prednisone (A steroid for my lungs) and anti-biotics. I don't like the way the prednisone makes me feel. Sweaty, Insomnia and my stomach feels like that feeling you get when an airplane, lifts off the ground.

Ill post back soon.

Thanks again,
Tim

voxwerk

Posted: 03/25/11 09:28 
New issue has been reported to me by users.
When searching Ads an error comes up.

Code
ERROR!     the template file "ranking.php.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/Cobalt3 directory

I would assume this is simply an error in the way the tpl variables are being passed to the ranking.php file.

voxwerk

Posted: 03/25/11 09:30 
Nevermind, it looks like ranking.php was corrupt. I uploaded a new copy and its fine now.
Not you. Razz

ktb1025

Posted: 10/19/11 11:45 
Hi Tim, I'm running an earlier version mClassifieds 1.3.x and am having the following problem. I get this error when I click the classifieds link in my modified Cobalt3 skin.

the template file "classifieds.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the skins/TheTalentFarm directory

I had put the module on hold for a while and am interested in using it again. Is there a cost for the upgrade and how can I get it? I'm thinking maybe I should just install the upgrade.

[SOLVED] Copied the contents of mcads.tpl to a file called classifieds.tpl Works just fine, but now I'm interested in the upgrade if it's available.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
equinoxtrish

Posted: 11/10/11 13:19 
Is this module still being supported? I see Tim hasn't posted since March, and i'm wondering what happened to version 2 as I really need some of the features.

musiccreatures

Posted: 11/10/11 13:39 
Thanks for the post. This mod is still being supported and v2 is being developed. Being a full time student has been eating alot of my time. However lately , I have been able to put about an hr a night on its development. I do apologize for the delay. V1 took me about 4 1/2 months, as I was learning the jamroom systems functionality. V2 has given me a bit of trouble as the database schema is completely different than v1. It took me a while to figure out how to preserve existing data, in the case of v2 being installed over v1.

I do have the majority of the files completed and am currently working on the modules form controller and language file. I will keep everyone posted on its progress.

Another issue I have come across is the lack of documentation on jamrooms credit system, from the developers prospective.

Thanks again for your post and please don't hesitate to PM any feature requests for v2 or any issues you may come across with v1.
-Tim M

equinoxtrish

Posted: 11/10/11 17:14 
Thanks for replying Tim.

To be honest, the feature i'm really hanging on for is the 'parent categories' as I want these categories to appear as different sections on the site. I've been playing around manipulating the script to try and make this work, but it's taking a long time and would be a waste of time if this feature is imminent.

Could you tell me if this feature has been included in V2?

Many thanks

ktb1025

Posted: 04/03/12 11:19 
Hi Tim, I'm getting these errors in my cp. Any suggestions?

Quote:
[index.php] dbQuery() db error 1054: Unknown column 'c.category_image_extension' in 'field list' : SELECT c.category_id, c.category_title, c.category_description, COUNT(a.ad_category_id) as adcount, c.category_band_id, c.category_image_name, c.category_image_time, c.category_image_type, c.category_image_size, c.category_image_height, c.category_image_width, c.category_image_extension FROM jamroom_mcCategories c LEFT JOIN jamroom_mcAds a ON ( a.ad_category_id=c.category_id AND a.ad_status=1 AND a.ad_deleteflag !=1 AND a.ad_visibility=1 AND ((DATEDIFF(CURDATE(),STR_TO_DATE(a.ad_start_date,'%m/%d/%Y')) >= 0) AND (DATEDIFF(CURDATE(),STR_TO_DATE(a.ad_start_date,'%m/%d/%Y'))

Home of TTF-TV!!!
ktb1025

Posted: 04/09/12 13:01 
Is there any support available for this module?

Tim, you out there buddy?

Home of TTF-TV!!!
ktb1025

Posted: 04/16/12 11:39 
Hi Tim,

A while back I purchased you mcClassified ads module. More recently I requested the lastest version from you personally because it didn't register on the JR marketplace that I was a license holder, and therefore I couldn't just download it from the link. It only offered the option to purchase, which I already did.

When I finally uploaded it to my site and installed it there, I noticed it wasn't working as expected. Since I am not a coder, I never followed up on the install, but every couple of months I'd try to get to the bottom of the issue. Whenever I try to post I an ad, I get: Error writing image information to the ads table:

Looking at my activity log, I see the following db errors.

Quote:
414 04/16/12 14:12:40 CRI admin 68.142.16.119 [mcClassifiedAds.php] dbQuery() db error 1054: Unknown column 'ad_image_extension' in 'field list' : UPDATE jamroom_mcAds SET ad_image_size = '148614', ad_image_height = '520', ad_image_width = '320', ad_image_extension = 'jpg', ad_image_time = '1334599960.9723', ad_image_name = '28_mcClassifiedAds_ad_image.jpg', ad_image_type = 'image/jpeg' WHERE ad_id = '28' AND ad_band_id = '15333' LIMIT 1

412 04/16/12 14:11:29 CRI admin 68.142.16.119 [index.php] dbQuery() db error 1054: Unknown column 'c.category_image_extension' in 'field list' : SELECT c.category_id, c.category_title, c.category_description, COUNT(a.ad_category_id) as adcount, c.category_band_id, c.category_image_name, c.category_image_time, c.category_image_type, c.category_image_size, c.category_image_height, c.category_image_width, c.category_image_extension FROM jamroom_mcCategories c LEFT JOIN jamroom_mcAds a ON ( a.ad_category_id=c.category_id AND a.ad_status=1 AND a.ad_deleteflag !=1 AND a.ad_visibility=1 AND ((DATEDIFF(CURDATE(),STR_TO_DATE(a.ad_start_date,'%m/%d/%Y')) >= 0) AND (DATEDIFF(CURDATE(),STR_TO_DATE(a.ad_start_date,'%m/%d/%Y'))

At this point, I think I need a fresh copy of the module that I can reinstall on my server. Can you please help me with securing said copy?

Much appreciated!!!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core