Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Joomla 1.5 Bridge
manixx

Posted: 11/18/09 12:48 
The current Joomla bridge is not complete. There are some entries missing in the comprofiler database for users created through jamroom in joomla.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/18/09 16:34 

manixx:
The current Joomla bridge is not complete. There are some entries missing in the comprofiler database for users created through jamroom in joomla.

This has not been worked on in a very long time - there are just hardly any users using it. What version of Joomla are you running? Note that it may NOT work with the latest versions of Joomla, since if I remember correctly Joomla changed their password structure to one that likely could not be replicated properly.

Thanks!

- Brian

manixx

Posted: 11/18/09 18:24 
It seems to work fine. I'm running 4.1.2. The accounts are created and deleted accordingly. The passwords seem top be OK too. It's just the some entries are missing in the comprofiler database and I have to manually run a tool to fix it.

One more thing, is it possible to change the url on the verification email once a new user sign up?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/18/09 19:09 
What exactly is missing from the comprofiler table and what is the tool and what does the tool do (exactly)?

Yes, you can change the verification email template.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
manixx

Posted: 11/19/09 08:12 
Here's the message I get in community builder.

Warning: 1 entries in users table without corresponding comprofiler table rows.

users id: 128 are missing in comprofiler table

This one can be fixed using menu Components-> Community Builder-> tools and then click `Synchronize users`.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/19/09 10:20 
The bridge doesn't work with Community builder - community builder adds to the Joomla user system so a separate bridge would need to be developed for that.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

manixx

Posted: 11/20/09 08:15 
I took quick a look at the code in the bridge, though i'm not too savvy with scripting but it seem that the all the bridge does is just connect to the sql database and creates the entries for the user in the joomla user database maybe the bridge just needs to be updated with codes to also add entries into the comprofiler db tables.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/20/09 08:20 
Yes, it would be a separate bridge for the comprofiler (community builder) user.

manixx

Posted: 11/20/09 09:29 
And I guess I can only use one bridge at a time.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/20/09 09:32 
No you can use many.

But you would probably want to make a new bridge that deals with community builder and joomla at the same time.

manixx

Posted: 11/20/09 10:18 
exactly..or the current one can be modified to include comprofiler bridge.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/20/09 10:47 
You could, but most likely you would want to rename it and make it a different bridge. Comprofiler is not part of Joomla.

manixx

Posted: 11/22/09 12:50 
can I modify the {$VALIDATE_LINK}code itself?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/22/09 17:22 
Maybe, but what is it that you want to do?

The bridge system is made so that it runs different functions on signup, and also at other times, such as change of password, etc.

It has been designed to do the job, and to do the job well so the chances are that you would want to bridge your app using the bridge system rather than by changing the validation link.

manixx

Posted: 11/22/09 19:18 
actually, this is a different subject. I want the verification email link to direct the user to a different page and validate at the same time.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules