Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
The Free SoundManager2 Jamroom module is online!
CAPER

Posted: 02/01/10 07:35 
yes i have the latest version and its not in a sub directory

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 02/01/10 09:04 
What javascript errors do you see in firebug?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
CAPER

Posted: 02/02/10 16:35 
i dont have firebug, also i just found out that oinkba skin im using isnt compatiable with the sound manager

CAPER

Posted: 02/06/10 12:02 
is there a way to make it work with oinkba skins?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/07/10 16:08 

CAPER:
is there a way to make it work with oinkba skins?

The SoundManager module works with any skin - it's a simple as changing the "player_type" option in the {jr_flash_player} function call to "soundmanager". If your skin is NOT using {jr_flash_player}, you should contact the skin designer and have them update it to use that - trying to do a direct integration into your skin (i.e. inserting all of the required javascript and play code) is not going to be supported by us as it is simply too involved (and is why it was developed as an addon for the {jr_flash_player} function).

Thanks!

- Brian

musichive-net

Posted: 02/07/10 16:56 
Hello,

I have noticed that the "SoundManager failed to load!" problem has not been answered to so far, so I'm curious if there is a solution.
I have two rankings on my index that have

Code
{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id="$BAND_ID" song_id="$SONG_ID"}

in their "row" files. They output 5 files each and every now and then the above js message appears. The first time it happened, all the files pleyed. Last time 2 files in one of the rankings did not play.
The "SoundManager failed to load!" appeared maybe once in every 100 page reloads, so I downloaded firebug and will monitor it for the next couple of days as my site is "in maintenance".
P.S. I'm using 4.1.5 with the soundmanager downloaded just couple of hours ago.
Thanks,
Mike

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/11/10 16:50 
It may happen if the file does not exist for some reason (i.e. the actual mp3 files is missing). Let me know if that is the case.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

musichive-net

Posted: 02/19/10 01:40 
Hello Brian,

No, all of the files exist. For now I have no clue as to why it might be happening aside from the feeling that my constant refreshing and going back during development is screwing something up occasionally. I will report if I figure something up.
Thnks,
Mike

musichive-net

Posted: 02/20/10 07:35 
Hello,

I've been reading a bit on SM and read what should I change to make sure it works. Unfortunatelly none of the suggestions helped so I'm back to default settings. Below is a debug log with high performance mode false and fast polling false also swf path has been put in as ../modules/jrSoundManager/soundmanager/swf

Code

soundManager.initComplete(): calling soundManager.onerror()
-- SoundManager 2 failed to load (security/load error) --
soundManager.disable(): Shutting down
soundManager: Failed to initialise.
js/flash exception: [object Error]
Attempting to call Flash from JS..
-- soundManager.init() --
soundManager._initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash..
soundManager._initMovie(): Got OBJECT element (created via JS)
soundManager._createMovie(): Trying to load ../modules/jrSoundManager/soundmanager/swf/soundmanager2.swf
-- SoundManager 2 V2.95a.20090717 (AS2/Flash 8), normal polling mode --

This as mention above did not help at all.
It is also worth noting that this problem is limited to IE7 and below (SM never loads [at least in my case]) and only very occasionally pops up in ff 3.5+ (less frequent than previously mentioned).

Take care,
Mike.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 02/20/10 11:53 
I don't have IE-7, but I'm using the Soundmanager player on one of my test sites in the Jukebox Skin and checked it in IE-6 and IE-8 and Fire Fox 3.5.5 from different computers and I don't see any problems.

The code I'm using in the Jukebox is simply.........

{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id=$SONG_ID skin="360"}

Along with the standard install of the Soundmanager Mod and it seems to be working fine in all the charts that are loading about 30-Players on each page.

I'm not an expert on this player and I did have trouble installing it the first time too, but I'm curious which Skin and Theme your installing it in and is there any Ajax on the page?? And do you have a link I can look at??

GCFireSprinkler.com
musichive-net

Posted: 02/21/10 15:10 
hello,

daddysylem, thanks for the reply, if you could check my site on your machine we could at least narrow the problem down to either my website or my IE7 set up. my ranking call has the following:
{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id="$BAND_ID" song_id="$SONG_ID"}
which looks exactly like yours, bar the 360 theme.
with regards to the skin, well it's still a work in progress and it suffice to say that it's custom, with leftovers from Cobalt3 that I'm still removing. Wink
Let me know if you come up with anything and thanks for your time.
Mike.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 02/21/10 18:07 

musichive-net:
hello,

daddysylem, thanks for the reply, if you could check my site on your machine we could at least narrow the problem down to either my website or my IE7 set up. my ranking call has the following:
which looks exactly like yours, bar the 360 theme.
with regards to the skin, well it's still a work in progress and it suffice to say that it's custom, with leftovers from Cobalt3 that I'm still removing. Wink
Let me know if you come up with anything and thanks for your time.
Mike.

Like I said, I don't have IE-7 but I did check your site with IE-6, IE-8, FireFox 3.5.5, Google Chrome and Safari. And with all the browsers I looked at your site with the button players worked fine. Although in IE-6 the Nova flash player was located at the bottom of your page and not in its box as it should be.

But the Soundmanager player worked fine for me and I didn't see anything wrong.

The only thing I can suggest is to check the version of "Adobe Flash Player" installed on your computer and make sure your running the latest version.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

And I really like your site, very unique...... Very Happy

GCFireSprinkler.com
musichive-net

Posted: 02/22/10 16:09 
Thanks,

So it must be my setup that is causing problems I will have to check that. I just downloaded IE tester application and I can see the nova player problem. Will have to invest some time and write custom css for ie6, as site looks nasty, but by that time people might stop using ie6 Wink
Anyway, thanks for help and glad you liked the design.
Mike.

bodawg

Posted: 03/09/10 21:43 
I can't seem to get this thing working either, installed 3 separate times, used this code {jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id=$SONG_ID skin="360"}

- I don't see a skin of any sort, I see one button that spins infinitely when I click it and never plays anything. I've tried with a band_id="5" and song_id="5" and nothing, what worries me is when I put other player types in this code only jeroen and xspf player work properly, slim player doesn't show, the button player doesn't show, the n8flash player keeps requesting that I get adobe flash which I have the latest version yet it still asks me and I'm wondering why none of these other players work either?

So I'm thinking, is it the sound manager that's an issue or do I have some overall issue with running all of these flash players on my site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Wink

-Rob

DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/09/10 22:51 

bodawg:
I can't seem to get this thing working either, installed 3 separate times, used this code {jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" player_mode="song_hifi" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id=$SONG_ID skin="360"}

- I don't see a skin of any sort, I see one button that spins infinitely when I click it and never plays anything. I've tried with a band_id="5" and song_id="5" and nothing, what worries me is when I put other player types in this code only jeroen and xspf player work properly, slim player doesn't show, the button player doesn't show, the n8flash player keeps requesting that I get adobe flash which I have the latest version yet it still asks me and I'm wondering why none of these other players work either?

So I'm thinking, is it the sound manager that's an issue or do I have some overall issue with running all of these flash players on my site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Wink

-Rob

Brian just release version Soundmanager 1.2.3
Download and try this latest version as it has fixed a few bugs.

Let me know if you still see issues.... Wink

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core