Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
The Free SoundManager2 Jamroom module is online!
bodawg

Posted: 03/10/10 06:57 
Hey thanks D.S.-

I just set this up last night for the first time so I'm currently running 1.2.3 (and re downloaded & reinstalled 3 times) I read through this entire post (a couple of times, to be aware of any issues and how to fix them) still no go.

Now the button doesn't show in I.E. or shows only once in a while. And still doesn't play anything and I don't see anything in the source code on the page, shouldn't I ???

I'm hopeful because these issues seem similar to some of the ones in this thread, and it looks like most of these guys found a solution.

Thanks again for any advice at this point Wink

-Rob

DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/10/10 08:56 

bodawg:
Hey thanks D.S.-

I just set this up last night for the first time so I'm currently running 1.2.3 (and re downloaded & reinstalled 3 times) I read through this entire post (a couple of times, to be aware of any issues and how to fix them) still no go.

Now the button doesn't show in I.E. or shows only once in a while. And still doesn't play anything and I don't see anything in the source code on the page, shouldn't I ???

I'm hopeful because these issues seem similar to some of the ones in this thread, and it looks like most of these guys found a solution.

Thanks again for any advice at this point Wink

-Rob

Do you have a page setup so I can see whats going on?
Just PM a link if you don't want to post it....

GCFireSprinkler.com
geewiz

Posted: 03/17/10 20:44 
Mine does the same thing after upgrade but it seems to work when I click the music link from the header but if I refresh the page sound manager disappears only in IE though
and also doesn't show at all in safari

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/17/10 22:12 

geewiz:
Mine does the same thing after upgrade but it seems to work when I click the music link from the header but if I refresh the page sound manager disappears only in IE though
and also doesn't show at all in safari

It still has a few issues and its being looked into.......
I'll post more when I know more.

Thanks..

GCFireSprinkler.com
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/18/10 16:04 
I'm working on this - trying to find the right combination of Javascript that works everywhere is very difficult. If only IE just DID NOT EXIST, it would have been finished weeks or months ago.

- Brian

geewiz

Posted: 03/18/10 16:47 
preach

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/19/10 15:01 
I've uploaded version 1.3.0 in the marketplace that should fix any outstanding issues. Let me know if that works for you.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

SelfmadeClub

Posted: 05/31/10 08:42 
I have Problems on running with JR 4.1.8. If you are logged in the Soundmanager2 only plays the forced preview playtime i have configured for visitors. On my site Visitors only have the ability to play songs for 30 seconds if they are not logged in.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/01/10 15:38 

SelfmadeClub:
I have Problems on running with JR 4.1.8. If you are logged in the Soundmanager2 only plays the forced preview playtime i have configured for visitors. On my site Visitors only have the ability to play songs for 30 seconds if they are not logged in.

We are checking this out...

Thanks!

- Brian

elric

Posted: 10/05/10 07:59 
Hi,

I'm using the latest version of soundmanager, on my index page, one is in charts:

{jr_ranking mode='song' pagebreak=$smarty.config.top_songs_pagebreak pagenum="1" row_template='jr_index_top_songs.tpl' require_image=$smarty.config.require_images}

Quote:
{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" song_id="$SONG_ID" band_id="$BAND_ID"}

one is in spotlight:

{jr_ranking mode='song' order='11' show='4' band_id="`$smarty.config.spotlight_band_id_1`,`$smarty.config.spotlight_band_id_2`" row_template='jr_index_song_row.tpl' require_image=$smarty.config.require_images}

Quote:
{jr_flash_player player_type="soundmanager" song_id="$SONG_ID" band_id="$BAND_ID"}

When first arriving on the index page, the charts instance works fine, but as soon as I click on the AJAX tab to load the spotlight songs, they all stop working.

No JS errors are being reported.

Is it not possible to have 2 instances on one page?

Cheers,
~E

beazyboy

Posted: 10/09/10 14:55 
I don't believe the the sound-manager works in a page that refreshes in java script ... Thats why i can not use it Wink

http://getsatisfaction.com/schillmania/topics/php_ajax_360_player?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=widget_schillmania

beazyboy

Posted: 01/25/11 03:43 
Has there been a solution to use this with pages that load in ajax?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/25/11 08:35 

beazyboy:
Has there been a solution to use this with pages that load in ajax?

There is no solution that I know of at this time and I'm really not sure there will be one. As you can see in your post the Soundmanger Support Staff doesn't even offer a solution. Seems the player was never designed to work from an ajax page as both things are controled with Java.

Soundmanager Support Staff:
You will need to look at the 360player.js "init" function, and modify it to be able to find new elements in the DOM and re-use them. Sorry the script wasn't originally designed for AJAX-type applications, you will need to change the demo to work that way.

Sorry.........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/25/11 14:06 
Doing a little reading on this, It looks like someone found a solution... But not quite sure if this will work with our jamroom version or not? Does anyone understand this?

Quote:
Modifications to support ajax:
1) After loading the new ajax content I call pagePlayer.init() to re-scan the entire page for links.

2) The spectrum-container template isn't loaded as a cloned object during InitDom. In my case, the templates are part of the .html that gets replaced with new content in the subsequent ajax pages. For my situation, I needed to either re-include the templates in the ajax content or (what I did) alter initDom to create an oSpectrum object like the oControls object and use it throughout for cloning instead of looking in the document for it. That way I only have to include the templates during initial page load.

ex:
this.oSpectrum = document.getElementById('spectrum-container').cloneNode(true);

3) I hit a road-bump when I tried to load a sound on the second ajax page because it seemed like it was referencing the sound paused on the previous page. I added the following code to init() (at top) to clean up from previous ajax content .mp3 lists:

// clean up from previous ajax page
this.links = [];
this.strings = [];
this.soundsByObject = [];
lastSound = null;
if(this.sounds.length > 0) {
for (var i=this.sounds.length; i--Wink {
this.stopSound(this.sounds[i]);
}
}
this.sounds = [];

With the above in place, I can reload ajax content that includes .mp3's and page-player works perfectly every time.

HTH

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/25/11 17:23 

beazyboy:
Doing a little reading on this, It looks like someone found a solution... But not quite sure if this will work with our jamroom version or not? Does anyone understand this?

It looks like this person may have modified a Java Script file to make things work on his website, but which one did he modify?? The Java file for the Ajax functions on his site or the Java file for the Soundmanager?? By the looks of it, I think he customized the Ajax for his page because I don't see a pagePlayer.init() command anywhere in the Java for Soundmanager. But I could be wrong.... Wink

I really don't know if this is useful to Jamroom or not,
But I think Brian would need to look at it..........

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous12345678Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core