Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Talldude Networks has acquired the Battle Module
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/22/09 09:06 
I wanted to post a quick note letting everyone know that we (Talldude Networks) have "officially" acquired the Battle Module from Moonlight Coding.

As some of you may already know, the developer of the Battle Module has reluctantly had to call it quits due to factors outside of Jamroom - for more info, see dagilli's post in the 3rd party forum:

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30176&start=225

Our primary concern here was to ensure that those customers that had already purchased the Battle Module continue to see support for their purchase, so as soon as I heard about this new development I contact David about acquiring their module, and within 24 hours it was complete.

Going forward all new development and support will handled by us. Since this came up a bit unexpectedly, we're going to try as best we can to get the module out of Beta status and into a stable state with the current functionality and bugs fixed. Once that has been completed (hopefully within the next 30 days) we'll be able to better asess how to add new functionality and feature requests into the code. So please bear with us as we become familiar with how the module works.

I want to thank David from Moonlight coding for his hard work up to this point on the module, and wish him good luck in his new endeavor as a small business owner - I appreciate how quickly he was able to work with us to get the code and support moved over to Talldude Networks. Thanks David!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post here and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian on 03/25/10 15:38; edited 2 times in total
Dazed

Posted: 12/22/09 10:15 
Outstanding news Brian!

jrMonster

Posted: 12/22/09 10:56 
great news,

any chance this will be easy to integrate
into 3rd party skins, instead of just nova

thats all i ask for now,
ill come with more technical questions
after u officially release it

and thanks for taking over,
i bought this a looong time ago,
and cant wait to use it!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/22/09 11:13 

grind:
great news,

any chance this will be easy to integrate
into 3rd party skins, instead of just nova

thats all i ask for now,
ill come with more technical questions
after u officially release it

and thanks for taking over,
i bought this a looong time ago,
and cant wait to use it!

Integrating it into any Skin should be roughly the same - I don't know for sure yet though, as I won't officially dig into the code until sometime next week.

Thanks!

- Brian

LM

Posted: 12/22/09 12:11 
glad to here it. This is something I am def interested in.

guitarman

Posted: 12/22/09 16:22 
Thats great news... ive been runnning a contest in beta for 2 months now , with little problem. I run PRo jam 2 with no intergration problems at all. Nice one Brian.

CAPER

Posted: 12/22/09 22:35 
great news hey brian will a record of who owns a license for the module be available to you i dont want to end up paying again lol

beazyboy

Posted: 12/23/09 13:33 
Happy to hear this Very Happy ... Hopefully Jr_ranking varibles will be supported

beatslab

Posted: 12/25/09 01:18 
Looking foreword to the release!

webster

Posted: 12/26/09 13:13 
Great!! Also looking forward to this.

bueler

Posted: 01/16/10 13:03 
I am also looking to purchase this. However, it looks like JR just took it over and is working out the bugs. Is there an ETA of when this module will be ready for prime time? Are you looking for some users to try it out? If so, I will be a guinea pig. Wink

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/16/10 16:27 
I should be working on this next week - I was hoping to get to this last week, but with the 4.1.6 release and some other issues that came in I was never able to get it loaded up to start working on it.

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/21/10 15:46 
I've finally had the time over the last 2 days to really dig into this module and see how it is working. With that said, I've come away with the conclusion that it needs to be rewritten in order to provide for the flexibility that is going to be needed by many of the users, and so have begun down that road. The good news is that most of functionality is already mapped out, so it's just a matter of putting the pieces together a bit differently in order to achieve the flexibility we desire. This is what I am shooting for:

• Song, Video and Photo battles will be supported.
  • Any number of "Battle Slots" - the old database schema was setup to only allow a max of 5 entry slots - I couldn't see any reason to maintain that restriction.
  • Any number of "Battle Rounds" - as long as the number of Battle Slots is evenly divisible by the number of "Rounds", then we can have N-tiered battles (i.e. playoffs).
  • Songs, Video and Photo battles can be defined by genre/category/theme (if you desire), or it can be left open to any song/video/photo.
  • The Battle Wager (purse) can be "split" among the Top N number of winner(s) - i.e. 75% to 1st place, 15% to 2nd place, 10% to 3rd place - configurable as far down the ladder as you would like to go.
  • New "jrBattle" Ranking System mode for all battle displays on the site - this should allow it to be incorporated into any skin much easier, as well as give you all the power that you get with the ranking system for displaying and listing.
  • 'Scheduled Battles' - i.e. you set the "activate" time, as well as the start/end times for the battle. Once the activate time is reached, the battle will be open to entries until the start time is reached. This should make scheduling out battles more hands off.
  • Fully cluster server aware
  • + more as I can across them and am able to incorporate them

important! Once released, this new Battle module will not be compatible with the older version! There is just too much that is going to change at the database level to accomplish it. So if you are currently running battles, after the new version is released, you will want to wait until all your current battles are complete before upgrading to the new version of the Battle module.

I'll be working hard on this over the next couple of weeks and should have an initial release ready shortly.

Thanks everyone for your patience on this - the events that led the battle module into our hands happened very abruptly, so it's been hard to find the time up until now to work it into the schedule.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or comments, please feel free to post here.

Thanks!

- Brian

bueler

Posted: 01/21/10 17:54 
Brian,

Great news! Can't wait! This exactly what I would like to add on my site. Would it be too much to ask to have the ability to have artist battles as well?

Please let me know when I can download this and try it out.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/21/10 17:57 

bueler:
Brian,

Great news! Can't wait! This exactly what I would like to add on my site. Would it be too much to ask to have the ability to have artist battles as well?

Please let me know when I can download this and try it out.

What would an "artist" battle consist of?

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core