Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
GigMemories Submit Module V1.3.0 Released (Free)
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/30/10 07:27 
Revision History
Version 1.0.0 09May2009 Initial Release
Version 1.0.1 17May2009 Small language change. By default, menu item will show in main and event sections
Version 1.1.0 05Jun2009 Admin tool added so as to allow admin to upload any artist gigs, regardless of their quota setting
Version 1.1.1 06Jun2009 Users and Admin can now select and submit multiple gigs at once. Option to test the connection to GigMemories in the configuration section
Version 1.1.2 13Jun2009 Future gigs may now be submitted to GigMemories
Version 1.2.0 14Jul2009 Option to set auto-uploads, by quota, on a daily basis
Version 1.3.0 30Jan2010 Updated to take advantage of latest Jamroom Features

About GigMemories
The Global Gig and Event Archive.
Users can archive all the gigs they've been to and upload images, videos, reviews, comments, setlists etc.
Users can also submit gigs to the 'Gig Pool' should they recall a gig but have no further information on it.
Users may browse the Gig Pool and if they find a gig that they have information on, can 'adopt' it and upload their information.
The archive is searchable by users and visitors by artist, venue, location and date.
Each gig has its own set of web pages and forum. GigMemories is free for all to use and contribute to.

About This Module
When installed on your Jamroom site, this module will allow your users to easily submit their events to the archive.
All gigs submitted go into the GigMemories 'Gig Pool' and are available for adoption.
All web pages of gigs submitted by your users have a link back to your Jamroom site as the 'Gig Donar'.
All Gig Pool ranking table rows have a link back to your Jamroom site as the 'Gig Donar'.
The link URL and Words are configurable in the your Admin Control Panel.
When submitting their gigs for archive, users can optionally select email notification of their gig's acceptance. Quotas can be configured to automatically upload gigs to GigMemories.

Module Installation
Copy the gmSubmitGig.php file and the modules folder and the include folder to your Jamroom directory.
Log into Jamroom as admin and you will be prompted to run the integrity check, afterwhich installation is complete.

Upgrading This Module
Overwrite all your previously uploaded module files with those in the latest release.
Log into your Jamroom site as 'Admin'. If prompted to do so, run the Integrity Check.

Module Configuration
Log into Jamroom as admin and enable GigMemories Submissions per quota in the quota 'Extra Features' section.
You can also set the quota to automatically submit gigs. This is done on a daily basis.
I would suggest that if auto submits are enabled, manual user submits are disabled.
The GigMemories menu item by default shows in both the calendar section and the main of the User Control Panel. You can optionally disable one or the other by adding '.disabled' to the end of the file name of the scripts in the /modules/gmSubmitGig/cp/ folder.
Click on jamroom config, then gmSubmitGig Settings in the modules section. Enter your System Name and URL. These are the words and link that will show on the GigMemories web pages.

Database Schema
This module adds two fields to your 'settings' table - gm_donar and gm_donar_url - that hold your System Name and URL.
This module adds one field to your 'calendar' table - event_submitted_to_gm - that is a flag to indicate gig submission.
This module adds two fields to your 'quota' table - quota_gmsubmitgig_access and quota_gmsubmitgig_auto - that control the module functionality per quota and URL.

Submission Operation
Any gigs submitted by your users will not immediately show on GigMemories as all submitted information goes into a 'holding table'.
This is an 'anti-flood' measure and all submitted gigs will be manually approved.
To this end, may I request the owner of any Jamroom site that uses this module to advise me of the site System Name and URL so as to make gig approval easier.
Your site's IP address is also collected on gig submission.

Mutual Benefits
Your users get a new feature and your Jamroom site gets external links which help its search engine ranking.
GigMemories gets to grow its gig archive.
If you are using this module, we can arrange a 'banner exchange'. Contact me at the email address below.

Questions?
Post here on this thread

Thanks

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 12/30/11 15:48 
Over the next few weeks I'm planning major changes to GigMemories (http:gigmemories.com) so the site will be down, and then spending a time in beta.
The upshot is that this module will not be working for the forseeable future, and if/when I offer this feature again, there will be a new revision of it. So I suggest that anyone who has this module installed on their Jamroom site disables it until further notice.
GigMemories has never 'took off', or been used as I'd hoped, but I still think that the concept is good, and unique.
I have new ideas to make it more accessible and easier to use. Not sure how it will pan out yet but at least I'll make a start and see in which direction the development goes Very Happy
All gigs that have previously been submitted from Jamroom sites via this module will be kept and ultimately re-archived on the new site.
So watch this space - I may also be asking you guys to test things out for me as the new site develops Laughing
Thanks
Pa

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons