Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith:
Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b1 has been released!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/23/10 13:42 
I am extremely excited to announce that the first public beta of the jrTwitter module has been released! This has been brewing for a long time, but I know there has been a strong demand for a Twitter module, so I am looking forward to getting it in the hands of Jamroom admins!

Here are some of the current features:

• Authorize Jamroom to send tweets to your twitter account - this can be done either from the jrTwitter menu, or from within a media form (so you don't have to leave the form if you decide to authorize, and want the action to be tweeted).
  • Full Quota implementation with the ability to enable/disable all tweets, or only allow/deny tweets for specific actions
  • Post to twitter actions for just about all Jamroom actions (from within the form, if it has one, or automatically, for streams, downloads, etc.). Note that a few of the current Jamroom actions are not supported (i.e. deleting media, fans, etc.)
  • Enable/disable ability to tweet actions by default
  • Sign in with Twitter! once you have authorized Twitter access for your Jamroom, just like sign in with fb connect
  • For actions that don't have a form, you can set Jamroom to automatically send tweets without your interaction. The settings for this are in the Artist CP > Twitter Updates. These tweets can use available variables to be replaced in the tweet (e.g. "currently listening to: {ARTIST} - {NAME}" becomes "currently listening to: Some cool artist - wicked song"
  • Admins can customize the default Tweet Text via the module language file
  • The FIRST! (to my knowledge) "modular module" - can be integrated with other modules to allow them to tweet their own actions! (e.g. jrYouTube).

All authentication and tweets are made via the OAuth protocol, so your users have a secure and seamless experience.

The module is available from the Jamroom Marketplace:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&item_id=220

We are very pleased to be offering it at a special Beta price of $29. Once the module reaches the official release, the price will be $39, so get it while it's hot! Smile

PLEASE NOTE: the jrTwitter module requires Jamroom 4.2.0, and PHP 5+! The module will not function correctly without these requirements!

Please let me know about any issues or questions you have in this thread. I hope you enjoy using the jrTwitter module!

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/23/10 14:07 
COOL!! can we do this in reverse? i.e post incoming tweets to jamroom site? this would be REALLY cool!

Brimstone

Posted: 07/23/10 14:20 
Cool...Just purchased.... Twisted Evil

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/23/10 14:25 
That's not something that is currently supported, unfortunately - I might be able to look into it for a future release though.

Kyle

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/23/10 14:28 
cool.. just purchased myself.. got in almost installed. And allowing Twitter updates to update member/artist pages is something I would def look into. That means that our status updates get updated wether they visit the site or not.. helps make it look like they are active on the site and keeps the content fresh and up to date ya dig? But GREAT job so far.. Im happy to have it!

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/23/10 14:38 
After install. clicking on the "login with Twitter" icon takes me to twitter, I enter my email/pass, it asks me to allow and then it redirects me back to my sites login page. Now, when I click on the twitter sign in, it just redirects back to the login page.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/23/10 22:31 
After you've authenticated the first time, it functions just like the normal jamroom login. The cool part is that if you are already logged in to twitter (which you did when you authenticated), then it won't ask you for the credentials again.

I was thinking about it, and user timelines can actually already be added to profiles really easily - you would basically use a jr_feed_reader function, and the feed URL would look like:

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=jamroom

And just pass in the correct twitter username (with a custom form field or something).

Kyle

whodaniel

Posted: 07/23/10 22:36 
Just grabbed something intuitively that I thought might be in line, sorry if it does not help.. : )
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-php-twitter-rss/index.html

Very Cool module, this should really help!

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/23/10 22:37 
uhh.. but it doesn't log you in. it asks for you to login again.. then, my username and password from twitter doesnt work. the facebook plugin logs the user in, tells them "welcome to jamroom"
if it is required of the user to login again..there should be a success message stating so..but then again..my usernam/pass from twitter doesnt work. please advise.

Thanks for the incoming twitter tip..Ill try that!

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/23/10 22:51 
If you've already authenticated your twitter account in your Jamroom, clicking on the "sign in with twitter" button (if you're not logged in) should automatically log you in to your Jamroom. You should never be asked for your twitter credentials by Jamroom - only at Twitter.

Kyle

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/23/10 22:58 
I just tested this on one of our beta systems and didn't have any issue with the login. I:

- signed in as a new user
- clicked on the Twitter Updates > Authorize Twitter Updates button
- Entered my Twitter credentials at twitter and was redirected to Jamroom
- signed out of Jamroom
- clicked on the "sign in with twitter" button on the login page and was automatically logged in.

Kyle

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/24/10 00:35 
RIGHT! it works that way. but... You a new user, you click on "signin with twitter" it asks for your email/pass (if not logged into twitter) and ask you for permission, etc. then it redirects your to jamroom login page and you are not logged in and your login doesnt work.. It works from the control panel, but doesnt work on the login note for the FIRST TIME.. Why is this so? I believe this confuses people becuase the facebook connect works from anywhere you click the button, even on the FIRST time.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/24/10 11:18 
You cannot create a jamroom account from your twitter account as you can with facebook connect. Twitter does not make their users' e-mail addresses available via their API for security reasons, which Jamroom needs in order to make an account. As a result, you can "sign in" with Twitter if you've already got an account (since Jamroom can check for a linked twitter user), but not "sign up" with twitter (since Jamroom has no info to check and twitter doesn't provide the necessary info to create an account).

Kyle

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/24/10 12:32 
ahhh. Got cha! Thanks kyle, that makes sense.. So I believe now what we need to do is make it to where the "sign in with twitter" buton is missing from login/signup forms unless you have setup the "connect to twitter" in the control panel.. Something to go in the forms like..

{if jr_twitter > 0}

show twitter sign in button
{else}
dont show twitter button

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/24/10 15:30 
That is how it currently works Wink The "sign in with twitter" button will only show if you have set the jamroom config > Jamroom Modules > jrTwitter Settings > Allow Twitter Login to "yes" - if it is set to "no", then the button will not show.

Kyle

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products