Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith:
Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b1 has been released!
Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/24/10 15:53 
I think you mis-understood me. I understand this, but since users cannot "connect" for the first time from the login/signup forms and have to do it from the CP to get it connected. We must not show the twitter button on these forms until they have set it up.

This confuses people.. so how about an if statement to make sure they are setup to connect to twitter before showing these buttons in the signup/login forms?

Jynxx

Posted: 07/24/10 19:38 
I get a blank screen in Chrome when I click the Twitter login... and this error on my PHP error log:

Quote:
[24-Jul-2010 20:23:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function jrisloggedin() in /home2/jymixrad/public_html/jrTwitter.php on line 578

And then I get a blank page when I authorize my profile in my Artist Profile, after I click "Allow"
(snipped)

And then it says redirecting and takes me here:

Quote:
http://www.jymixradio.com/jrTwitter.php?mode=auth&redirect=1&oauth_token=WC3Ickxj2np6aRwwpsCFeMrR6f408l7k6JnqYKt4A&oauth_verifier=dBlRqewTlHuAZFBtYwENh9X6WYXrl2nyjxjny9guExc

Which gives me a server error. I changed the file permissions on jrTwitter.php thinking that may be it, but its not working on 2 browsers.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/25/10 08:25 

Jynxx:
I get a blank screen in Chrome when I click the Twitter login... and this error on my PHP error log:

Quote:
[24-Jul-2010 20:23:22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function jrisloggedin() in /home2/jymixrad/public_html/jrTwitter.php on line 578

And then I get a blank page when I authorize my profile in my Artist Profile, after I click "Allow"
(snipped)

And then it says redirecting and takes me here:

Quote:
http://www.jymixradio.com/jrTwitter.php?mode=auth&redirect=1&oauth_token=WC3Ickxj2np6aRwwpsCFeMrR6f408l7k6JnqYKt4A&oauth_verifier=dBlRqewTlHuAZFBtYwENh9X6WYXrl2nyjxjny9guExc

Which gives me a server error. I changed the file permissions on jrTwitter.php thinking that may be it, but its not working on 2 browsers.

The jrIsLoggedIn() function is part of Jamroom 4.2, which the jrTwitter module requires - are you running Jamroom 4.2?

Thanks!

- Brian

Jynxx

Posted: 07/25/10 09:19 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh thats it.
I took off 4.2 cuz it blew all my custom stuff off my idex page, even when I uploaded my old jr_index.tpl file it still looked bad, like nothing worked anymore.

Can you take a look at my site and let me know what I can upload to upgrade to 4.2 but still keep all my content the same?
Basically if I cant keep my site the way it is, I can't upgrade. It took me 3 weeks of LONG hard days to get my site just the way I want it, and so much help came from guys like you, SixSting and Greg that I don't want all that to go to the dumps if I have to start all over,
The site is http://www.jymixradio.com
I just have to figure out some stuff with video, but other than that I think my site is perfect for my needs... except having that twitter thing would be AWESOME. Just the part where it sends a tweet to my twitter account whenever someone does something. THAT is nice.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/25/10 13:48 

Sonny Bama:
I think you mis-understood me. I understand this, but since users cannot "connect" for the first time from the login/signup forms and have to do it from the CP to get it connected. We must not show the twitter button on these forms until they have set it up.

This confuses people.. so how about an if statement to make sure they are setup to connect to twitter before showing these buttons in the signup/login forms?

Unfortunately there isn't any way to do this, as if the user isn't logged in anyways, there is no way of knowing if they have already authenticated with twitter.

The "sign in with twitter" button should only be on the login form (hence "sign in", not "sign up"). Users most likely will not typically sign up from the "login" page as long as you also have a signup page...

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/25/10 16:17 
could'nt we use something in the database for this? like:

{if user_jrtwitter_uid > 0}
show twitter button

I have a login box on the home page that shows if your not logged in.. I have the twitter and facebook login butons there.. so this would be good for my situation.

Sonny Bama

Posted: 07/25/10 16:18 
nevermind.. I see what your saying..their not logged in or even signed up yet to have any info.. Im trippin!

ktb1025

Posted: 08/06/10 14:12 
I have a question.

Every time I listen to a song it gets posted to my twitter. Is that something I can toggle on/off?

Home of TTF-TV!!!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/06/10 16:27 
Yes, you can turn it off in the Artist cp > Twitter Actions page.

Kyle

ktb1025

Posted: 08/06/10 16:29 
Sweet. Thaks Kyle!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
PiratesPlanet

Posted: 09/11/11 19:24 

Quote:
That is how it currently works The "sign in with twitter" button will only show if you have set the jamroom config > Jamroom Modules > jrTwitter Settings > Allow Twitter Login to "yes" - if it is set to "no", then the button will not show.

Where Can I find this?

I do not have Jamroom Modules in my Jamroom Config!!!!!

Thats why I cannot push the button and the Twitter and Youtube are not working, something missing?

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/13/11 22:28 
Make sure you have registered your Jamroom - you will not be able to use modules until Jamroom is registered.

Kyle

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products