Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith:
Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b2 has been released!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/26/10 13:23 
There is actually a link to your site at the bottom of the tweet. However, because not all skins/themes have the same structure, there isn't really a way to generalize the link being created - your users can add it in to the tweet text, but they would need to know what the link would look like.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
mixy

Posted: 09/26/10 13:32 
Is'nt that gonna be too much work for the user especially now that things are being made easier?Apart from knowing what d link looks like,the user will have to leave the control panel to the posted page to copy the link then come back to the control panel.Would be able to modify my skin/template so that it works the way it should?Will pay for this because the module is not working the way I want it to.I have the projam2.

BiGD

Posted: 09/29/10 16:27 
I do not see the link you are saying shows up, a link on the tweet is very necessary or it just means nothing to tweet it, how do I edit the enlish.lang.php , so I can enable the tweet have a link to whatever song or video is being played.

CodeSmith

Posted: 10/02/10 14:32 
At the bottom of the tweet, it should say something like:

Jul 16 via Your App Name

Like I said before, because not all skins/themes are set up with the same URL structure, it really is not possible to automatically insert a link into the tweet pointing directly to that media item. I can probably look at getting the artist URL into the next update, but that would just point to the profile, not the exact media item.

mixy

Posted: 11/10/10 18:50 
Can someone please help me with adding the link in my tweets?The module is really great but it does not carry the links to the page so my twitter followers cant find the page in my jamroom.
Please help.
Thanks.

mixy

Posted: 11/13/10 20:54 
Any help, anyone?

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 11/14/10 20:42 
Links would need to be manually added at the moment - sorry!

Kyle

Prawn

Posted: 11/27/10 01:05 
where and how do i get a consumer key and secret... :roll:

ifeelmusic

Posted: 12/02/10 01:31 
Working on the site in maintenance mode, and installed this.

Read the ReadMe file, followed the directions, uploaded the jr_login for Nova, saw buttons, got excited, pressed them.. it takes me back to my site in the small browser when clicked. Not good. Took it OUT of maintenance mode, rechecked all settings, keys to make sure I didn't screw up, but still it does not work for me?

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 12/02/10 01:34 
There shouldn't be any sort of popup - you should be redirected to twitter. Note that the login with twitter button will _only_ work if you have already associated a twitter account with your profile.

Kyle

malady

Posted: 12/08/10 11:01 
Actually bit.ly can take whatever the url is and transform it into a small link that auto populates so there is a link to the page you are on in the tweet.

I posted this once before somewhere in the forum (I can't find the thread)

Quote:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"
src="http://bit.ly/javascript-api.js?version=latest&login=tweettrackjs&apiKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"
src="http://s.bit.ly/TweetAndTrack.js?v=1.01"></script>

and this in your templates where u want it to go using whatever function (all that ive tested so far work, i have songs videos photos artists working on my site) it will place a tweet button that will post the url in a bit.ly url and actually functionally works.

<a href="#" onclick="return TweetAndTrack.open(this, '{$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=song&song_id={$SONG_ID}');">
<span style="display:none;">Listening to: {$SONG_NAME} by {$BAND_NAME} at XXXX.com</span>Tweet</a>

Not sure if its possible to include this in the functionality of the twitter app, but it would then populate a bit.ly link to the page you are on in the tweet. You need a bit.ly api key for it to work.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 12/08/10 18:32 
Yeah - I have support for bit.ly in another module that I was working on, so that might be a possibility. It's not really putting the link in the tweet that's the issue, but figuring out what link to inject, since themes have different URL formats...

Kyle

malady

Posted: 12/08/10 18:47 

smith.kyle:
Yeah - I have support for bit.ly in another module that I was working on, so that might be a possibility. It's not really putting the link in the tweet that's the issue, but figuring out what link to inject, since themes have different URL formats...

Kyle

Since it is set up like <a href="#" onclick="return TweetAndTrack.open(this, '{$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=song&song_id=

The user could then set the value of how their links are set in the templates or be instructed which templates to change based on the template they are using. Ultimately it will be impossible to hardcode a specific url because of that.

Is there any plans to allow us to be able to pull a users tweets into their Jamroom updates, and have the jamroom status updates auto post to twitter? (I'm using MSkin 2 so if its supposed to already do this it's not working)

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 12/08/10 18:54 
The jrTwitter module should already autopost status updates to twitter. I believe Nate's skins use a different status update module, however, which might be why it's not working.

I don't have any plans currently to add Tweets to Jamroom statuses because it's something that could be done with the jr_feed_reader function and the user's twitter feed:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_jr_feed_reader

Kyle

malady

Posted: 12/08/10 19:00 

smith.kyle:
The jrTwitter module should already autopost status updates to twitter. I believe Nate's skins use a different status update module, however, which might be why it's not working.

I don't have any plans currently to add Tweets to Jamroom statuses because it's something that could be done with the jr_feed_reader function and the user's twitter feed:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_jr_feed_reader

Kyle

That places them in a different location though correct? Ideally I'd like to be able to have the twitter feed using whichever function show up in the same place and format as the Jamroom status's. Also If I understand correctly you would need to make a template file for each users feed, which isn't automated as much as it auto pulling when they connect using the twitter authorization. Same with facebook.

And yes, he uses something different I think he left it alone because he was under the impression he didn't need to write hooks for it and nothing needed to be done.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith

< Previous12345Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules