Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith:
Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b2 has been released!
ifeelmusic

Posted: 12/08/10 22:02 
Thanks for this great mod btw!

ktb1025

Posted: 12/09/10 11:07 
bit.ly allows for custom urls. If Brian wanted to use for example "http://JR.me" to shorten things, how exactly would that be integrated?

Home of TTF-TV!!!
msultani

Posted: 01/01/11 23:15 
I am using Cobalt3 skin and theme, but I don't see anything here related to Cobalt3. I did what readme file was saying, but twitter keeps on redirecting me to my site's login page.

Anyone has solution for this?

Thanks

malady

Posted: 01/01/11 23:45 
Any word about bit.ly integration? I keep hearing the argument about the different link structure, but that really doesn't make much of a difference when using a url shortening service such as bit.ly or tinyurl.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/02/11 19:11 
The issue is figuring out what link to send to bit.ly to get the shortened version for - not the actual bit.ly link itself.

msultani - you can only login with twitter after you have linked a twitter account to your jamroom account.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
malady

Posted: 01/02/11 19:37 

smith.kyle:
The issue is figuring out what link to send to bit.ly to get the shortened version for - not the actual bit.ly link itself.

msultani - you can only login with twitter after you have linked a twitter account to your jamroom account.

Kyle

In the instructions couldn't you specify that users need to replace this code with their correct url string

Code
<a href="#" onclick="return TweetAndTrack.open(this, '{$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=song&song_id={$SONG_ID}');">
<span style="display:none;">Listening to: {$SONG_NAME} by {$BAND_NAME} at XXXX.com</span>Tweet</a>

The only variable that would need to changed per template/site would be /index.php?t=song&song_id={$SONG_ID}

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/03/11 18:26 
Right - but the module's function isn't for "click and tweet" - it is used to automatically send tweets from forms that perform actions. The module would need to "know" what URL to use, and that could be different for every site owner, depending on if they wanted the item (say a newly created song) to be linked to their main song page in their skin, the artists song page in there theme, or a custom page, all of which will be different depending on the skin/theme combination.

Kyle

malady

Posted: 01/03/11 18:47 

smith.kyle:
Right - but the module's function isn't for "click and tweet" - it is used to automatically send tweets from forms that perform actions. The module would need to "know" what URL to use, and that could be different for every site owner, depending on if they wanted the item (say a newly created song) to be linked to their main song page in their skin, the artists song page in there theme, or a custom page, all of which will be different depending on the skin/theme combination.

Kyle

Couldn't in the instructions of the module be the locations where the individual owner needs to fill in the url structure? Sort of like a configuration page. Like.

Bit.ly API Key:
Custom Bit.ly Url:
Automatically Send Links to
Songs Y/N Enter Url Structure: Song Page: {$JAMROOM_URL}/
Videos Y/N Enter Url Structure: Video Page: {$JAMROOM_URL}/
Profile Page: Y/N Enter Url Structure: Profile Page: {$JAMROOM_URL}/
Radio Page: Y/N Enter Url Structure: Radio Page: {$JAMROOM_URL}/
Channel Page: Y/N Enter Url Structure: Channel Page: {$JAMROOM_URL}/

(example: smarty tags allowed {$SONG_ID} {$VIDEO_ID} {$CHANNEL_ID} {$BAND_NAME} )

This would also allow the site owner to decide which pages automatically parse a direct link. I know it can be done and automatically find your link structure simply because its done on the fly using wordpress and millions of different wordpress blogs have different url structures. Maybe look into the code of wordpress plugins like wordtwit to see how they are doing it?

Dazed

Posted: 03/05/11 18:37 
Just doing some testing on this module and am curious if anyone has tried to turn off twitter updates once you have set them up? In JR if you uncheck the JR button it comes back after submitting. You can revoke access from twitter but it seems to turn back on.

I was trying to change the updates from an admin account to a user account instead and am getting an error, "It looks like that Twitter account has already authorized another user!" I deleted it through the db and added the new account.

This mod also seems to disable the Facebook mod. I turned off twitter and my post went to Facebook. If they are both on, I only get twitter updates.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 03/06/11 14:16 

Dazed:
Just doing some testing on this module and am curious if anyone has tried to turn off twitter updates once you have set them up? In JR if you uncheck the JR button it comes back after submitting. You can revoke access from twitter but it seems to turn back on.

I was trying to change the updates from an admin account to a user account instead and am getting an error, "It looks like that Twitter account has already authorized another user!" I deleted it through the db and added the new account.

I can look at getting some sort of "unlink" action into the module... right now it'll need to be removed through the database.

Quote:
This mod also seems to disable the Facebook mod. I turned off twitter and my post went to Facebook. If they are both on, I only get twitter updates.

This is a bug that's been fixed for the next module.

Kyle

Dazed

Posted: 03/06/11 15:05 
Thanks Kyle!

ktb1025

Posted: 04/23/11 08:43 
Will there be EVENT support in the upcoming module update? This module currently uses {ARTIST} and {NAME} parameters for songs, video, streaming, etc... but not events.

And url shortening on the fly? Will that be possible if I own a shortened url that points to my JR url?

Thanks!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 04/23/11 11:42 
I'm not sure what you mean by event support? It should currently be available. Only the actions that do not require interaction with a form (e.g. streaming) use variables like that.

URL shortening is something that I'm still looking into, but am not sure how viable it will be.

Kyle

ktb1025

Posted: 04/23/11 12:12 
For example, when creating an event and twitter feeds are turned on, there is default text in the field. That text can be somewhat modified in the twitter module .../.../english.lang.php. I use this...

Code
// Event actions
$language['jrTwitter']['add_event']    = 'Just added an exciting new show! http://ttf.me/4mytix';
$language['jrTwitter']['modify_event'] = 'Event update! http://ttf.me/4mytix';

I tried to add {ARTIST} to the string above, but it won't process, maybe because it's not declared...

I'd like to be able to use {ARTIST} as artist creating the event, and {NAME} as the name of the event.

This way, when someone creates or updates an event vital information can be passed to the tweet. Right now it doesn't tell anyone which event is being created or updated.

I know you process streams, songs, video, etc with the {ARTIST} and {NAME} variables already defined for those actions, I was wondering why not for events. Kind of an auto fill of the event field.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
LetMeBeHeard

Posted: 05/12/11 18:25 
Is there a way to purchase a combo Jamroom/Twitter Module?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith

< Previous12345Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules