Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith:
Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b2 has been released!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/06/10 16:35 
The Jamroom Twitter 1.0.0b2 module has been released! This release addresses the only known bug (which requires login for streaming/downloading regardless of settings). Please let me know if you see any additional issues. Enjoy!

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Jynxx

Posted: 08/06/10 19:16 
Dammit Kyle, Brian would have posted a link. Razz

hehe Wink

I am not even sure I have that bug, but I will be downloading it regardless. Here you guys go:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&item_id=220

ktb1025

Posted: 08/07/10 09:29 
Hi Kyle,

Great mod! The more I use it the more I like it!

I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with. Where do I modify the default text for Events, from "We just updated an event on our profile" to "something else", and can I include JR fields within that text?

And speaking of fields, what fields are available to the default tweets, besides the ones listed, ie. {NAME} {ARTIST}? These two fields seem to take on different meanings based on what we're tweeting.

Also... Is it possible to replace {NAME} with the actual twitter user name? I already have a custom form field for twitter names. An if statement could allow the custom form field twitter name if it exists, and the band name if it doesn't.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/07/10 10:55 

ktb1025:
Hi Kyle,

Great mod! The more I use it the more I like it!

I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with. Where do I modify the default text for Events, from "We just updated an event on our profile" to "something else", and can I include JR fields within that text?

The language strings are all contained in the jamroom/modules/jrTwitter/language/english.lang.php file. Because the text can be changed within the form, it does not support variables.

Quote:
And speaking of fields, what fields are available to the default tweets, besides the ones listed, ie. {NAME} {ARTIST}? These two fields seem to take on different meanings based on what we're tweeting.

Those are currently the only two variables available. They should mean pretty much the same thing - NAME is the name of the song/playlist being streamed/downloaded, and ARTIST is the name of the artist that the song/playlist belongs to.

Quote:
Also... Is it possible to replace {NAME} with the actual twitter user name? I already have a custom form field for twitter names. An if statement could allow the custom form field twitter name if it exists, and the band name if it doesn't.

Unfortunately this isn't currently supported - sorry!

Kyle

ktb1025

Posted: 08/07/10 11:02 
Fair enough. I'm going to do a little tweaking, see what I can come up with. Everybody loves the module by the way, nothing but positive feedback from my bands.

Home of TTF-TV!!!
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/07/10 11:07 
Thanks! Smile

Kyle

elygen

Posted: 08/11/10 06:50 
What is the price going to be when it's out of beta?

New Jersey
www.bandarray.com
ktb1025

Posted: 08/11/10 11:51 
Hi Kyle, I have a question.

I have my module set to post whenever I listen to music on someone's page and it works exactly as intended. My only problem is, my artist profile pages have players that automatically play the artist song(s).

My question is... Does the action take effect immediately, or does it post only after x number of seconds, as set forth in the settings that determine if a song is "played" after x number of seconds.

I hope that makes sense. I think I have it set to 10 seconds that a song is counted as played. My only problem is I'm constantly visiting artist pages. Every time I visit a page, it triggers a tweet. Should I increase the number of seconds that a song needs to play before it's counted, or does that not matter?

Still... killer module!

Home of TTF-TV!!!
MONEE

Posted: 08/11/10 17:12 
does this mod work with the facebook mod? will you be able to post to facebook and twitter at same time?

414hiphop

Posted: 08/13/10 00:16 

MONEE:
does this mod work with the facebook mod? will you be able to post to facebook and twitter at same time?

yes...I have successfully posted to both sites with the same status

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 08/16/10 22:08 

elygen:
The price for when it is out of beta will be $39

ktb1025:
Hi Kyle, I have a question.

I have my module set to post whenever I listen to music on someone's page and it works exactly as intended. My only problem is, my artist profile pages have players that automatically play the artist song(s).

My question is... Does the action take effect immediately, or does it post only after x number of seconds, as set forth in the settings that determine if a song is "played" after x number of seconds.

I hope that makes sense. I think I have it set to 10 seconds that a song is counted as played. My only problem is I'm constantly visiting artist pages. Every time I visit a page, it triggers a tweet. Should I increase the number of seconds that a song needs to play before it's counted, or does that not matter?

Still... killer module!

This isn't something that can really be done, unfortunately. The module uses a mode hook that is triggered when stream.php is called. There isn't really a way to "callback" a function that could calculate how much has been streamed. Sorry!

Kyle

hiwayman

Posted: 09/07/10 08:31 
Hi,

I have just installed the 'twitter module' on jamroom 4.2.2 using projam2 templateAfter going through the twitter auth it returns me to my site loging page.. when I enter my twitter login details it reports 'invalid username / password - please try again'

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Gavin

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/07/10 16:23 
The twitter login allows you to use the "sign in with twitter" button (check out the install docs on how to add it to your templates). You can't actually use your twitter information to login via Jamroom. Instead, you click on the Sing in with Twitter button, and either login at twitter and get redirected to Jamroom, or, if you're already logged in to twitter, automatically get logged in to Jamroom.

Kyle

chorton581

Posted: 09/26/10 07:24 
do you have a working demo of this?

mixy

Posted: 09/26/10 13:05 
I don know if this has been asked before, pls dont shoot me if it had.But will it not be ideal to have a link attached to the tweet so that when it is tweeted, a link to the page will be attached to the tweet?Because all mine does is to post the activity eg just uploaded, just updated my profile and so on but how does the reader find the updates when they come to my jamroom?I know this is different from the facebook module but it just would make more sense if the tweet could come with a link.Well like i said, pls dont shoot me if this had been addressed previously.This is a cool module Kyle.
Thanks.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
CodeSmith

12345Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons