Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Facebook Module way too confusing
BJ Walters

Posted: 08/28/10 11:12 
I installed the facebook module last night, and followed the steps like it said. However I did get the {jr_fbconnect_button} function to appear in my Artist and Member Sign up template, please take a look at it to know what I'm talking about. Just go to sgmdigital.com look for the artist or member flashing boxes and click on either one to the see the facebook connect button.

I want to have it where artist or members can log in with just a click. This is way too difficult, I think I threw away $39.00 or maybe its just me. No offense to anyone. Just my thoughts.

Now as far as this goes below I can't make it work. I'm using Proton2 skin.I'm also receiving php errors in my log.

# Modify your jamroom/skins/Skin_Name/login.tpl and insert the Facebook Connect Login button where you want it to appear:

{jr_fblogin_button background="white" length="long" size="medium" template="Nova_fblogin_button.tpl"}

Check out the php errors as follow:

#5 {main}
#4 /home/sel10001/public_html/user.php(53): getPostVars()
#3 /home/sel10001/public_html/include/jamroom-misc.inc.php(6419): jrRunModeHooks('user', 'user_action_sav...')
#2 /home/sel10001/public_html/include/jamroom-misc.inc.php(6462): jrFacebook_user_user_action_save(Array)
#1 /home/sel10001/public_html/modules/jrFacebook/hooks.php(220): FacebookRestClient->stream_publish('loving')
#0 /home/sel10001/public_html/modules/jrFacebook/include/php5/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(926): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.stream...', Array)
Stack trace:
[27-Aug-2010 22:32:43] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Session key invalid or no longer valid' in /home/sel10001/public_html/modules/jrFacebook/include/php5/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:3112
thrown in /home/sel10001/public_html/modules/jrFacebook/include/php5/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php on line 3112[/url]

BJ
audiocandy
Beta Team

Posted: 08/28/10 14:25 
You've got a couple errors displayed by the web browser as well..

Code
Webpage error details

Line: 99
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://sgmdigital.com/include/oinkba/ajaxtabs/ajaxtabs.js

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object
Line: 152
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://sgmdigital.com/skins/Proton2/js/Proton2.js

Sure looks like Proton isn't happy with it (FB Module)as it's displaying two Proton related script errors.

Anyway, maybe those extra clues will help someone get ya there.

I've got the module, but haven't implememnted it yet so I don't have any real answers Wink

...Bill

Beta Team

Posted: 08/28/10 14:42 
I know it "plugs right it" to the Jamroom default templates, so my guess is it's the proton template mucking it up.

That or your domain is running php4? This module requires php5.

BJ Walters

Posted: 08/28/10 14:45 
Just throw it over my shoulder as a lost I guess. Got someone going to look into for me. I appreciate the help guys! I'm running PhP 5.2.9

We will see what happens.

BJ
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/28/10 15:49 
You certainly should not have to "throw it away" - it's a very simple module that once installed correctly works seemlessly on your site - in my opinion it is a very "non confusing" module (the hardest part is setting it up on Facebook's end).

However, since you're not using one of our skins, you just need to place the {jr_fbconnect_button} function call in your signup template and it will just work (or should) - if it doesn't, then something is up.

Did you get it setup in your signup template?

Hope this helps!

- Brian

BJ Walters

Posted: 08/28/10 18:43 
Oh yeah I'm sure its a cool module, I think I got it in my sign up template and working right! However I don't have it jiving in my Log in Template, so I don't know how it works Via Log In. But I do have it in my new sign ups. But its just for Free Artist Sign ups only. I want it for Members as well! I was not knocking the product at all! I hate the way facebook is! They get on my nerves, FB is a hard platform to navigate for real!

Thank for the reply!

I 'll keep you informed. Take a look at my website

www.sgmdigital.com

Look for the flashing sign up boxes, and click on them. You see where the FB connect button is on the top of the sign up forms? Is that correct? It works it seems! lol... ha ha ha h a

Thanks

BJ
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons