Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Instant "One Click" Product Reviews MOD
Sonny Bama

Posted: 11/01/10 23:14 
I have a new Mod that hopefully I can get in the marketplace this week. It is a instant one click product/album reviews script. The script utilizes the built in Jamroom "Articles" function to allow site editors to write full editorial reviews on merchandise for sale in your Jamroom site much like those seen on Pitchfork.com, Amazon, Yahoo and tinymixtapes.com. Editorial reviews give your site more up to date clean content, helps with SEO and above all, helps better sell products. Your Jamroom users would probably love to see real reviews of their products on your site as well.

Its pretty simple to install and use, little template changes are needed. Upload, activate, turn it on in the preferred quotas and create a link to your product reviews page. You can also display the latest reviews on your homepage or where ever you like with a simple ranking call in your existing template.
Content Editors on your site will then see a "Write Review" button next to any product on a artist profile page. Once clicked, you write or paste in a pre-written review and hit submit. The script will automatically pull in the product photo, product description and any other details that were listed on the product.
These reviews will end up on the Reviews page and on the homepage under "Latest Reviews" automatically if you wish. They can be rated and commented on by your site vistors. The also are archived and have a built in search function just for searching for past reviews.

If you are running a stock Nova theme or MediaPro, Installation is a breeze. All templates can work with a little changes, I will be updating the script to work with other popular templates in the coming week. I will also support anyone on install problems as needed.

Here are some screen shots of how it looks and functions.. This module will not be free but I plan to make it pretty cheap as a introduction. I have some other cool modules to follow soon that I hope you will find useful, Enjoy!

SCREENSHOT 1
SCREENSHOT 2
SCREENSHOT 3
SCREENSHOT 4
SCREENSHOT 5

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 11/02/10 10:07 
Nice! I'd be interested in that.

Prawn

Posted: 11/20/10 11:51 
:D

Brilliant Mod

Prawn

Posted: 11/26/10 22:53 
Got myself a copy of this....its brilliant... :D :D

Prawn

Posted: 11/27/10 09:50 
Hi, code to add to media pro ?

thanks

Sonny Bama

Posted: 11/27/10 16:05 
Thanks! Glad you enjoy it!
I use it on media pro myself, except my artist theme pages are nova. the skin pages should be ok, you may have to alter the CSS to match your design a bit, but what are you trying to do? put the "write Review" button on MediaPro theme pages?

Prawn

Posted: 11/27/10 21:56 
yes i want to just put the write review link in first

Sonny Bama

Posted: 11/28/10 14:45 
pm me a link to your site and I can tell you were to put it..

Prawn

Posted: 01/16/11 04:11 
any chance of a refund, cause i still have not received the code for this module so its been useless since i got it Rolling Eyes

Sonny Bama

Posted: 01/18/11 16:27 
Hey Prawn.. sorry, Ive been in the process of moving to another state so Ive been behind on my JR development. I'll have the code ready for you to be able to use it in Mediapro by tomorrow, thursday at latest. I have it completed, just need to test it and I'll send it over to you if thats ok.. If not... I'll gladly refund your money.

Thanks,
Sonny

Sonny Bama

Posted: 01/21/11 14:11 
I sent you a PM with the updated code. should be pretty strait forward, just copy the code I gave you to your template.

lbeasley

Posted: 01/25/11 18:34 
FYI - Were using the Nova Theme.

Just purchased the module. It's pretty nice man! Took me a few to figure it out and at the last minute, I realized the instructions were in the module folder.

In any event, I have one bug fix request. When writing a review, I can type on one line in the editor endlessly. In other words it will not do an automatic carriage return to prevent text from going off the page. If I type one big long line, save results and then go view it....What I typed will be on one big line...past the margin width of our site.

This seems to be an issue with the comment sections of the review also. If I type one paragraph in the comments section. It will end up as one long line..going outside of our website margins. Any tweaks or fix for this?

lbeasley

Posted: 01/25/11 20:03 
Nevermind, this seems to be a JR issue.

gcuezy

Posted: 03/11/11 11:47 
Any demo of this we can see live?

Sonny Bama

Posted: 03/12/11 17:57 
not one that you can login to and play with..If your using Nova theme its pretty easy to install and use.. it pretty cut and dry what it does but a few sites that are using it are HERE and HERE

you can see most recent reviews on home page. click into them, etc. the one on the second site is using the final release which has a search feature.

[/url]

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons