Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
custom form field?
beazyboy

Posted: 01/08/11 00:04 
Hey greg, quick question... is it possible to add a song custom form field variable into the action-script of your flash players? and have it display like the song title or length would

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/08/11 10:22 

beazyboy:
Hey greg, quick question... is it possible to add a song custom form field variable into the action-script of your flash players? and have it display like the song title or length would

If the custom form field can display its data in the playlist created by Jamroom, then I believe the answer would be yes. The players recieve all their display data (Artist Name, Song Name, Song length etc...) in the form of variables created in the playlist from the "xspf.default.tpl" template.

Meaning........
<songname>Scapegoat</songname>
<albumname>ScapeGoat Album</albumname>
<title>Scapegoat</title>
<rating>0</rating>
<downloads>4</downloads>
<songlength>04:06</songlength>
<genre>Rap</genre>

<customformfield>Data Here</customformfield>

Hope I'm making sense.......
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/08/11 13:58 
You would need to add the code to the actionscript though to show it.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/08/11 14:35 

smith.kyle:
You would need to add the code to the actionscript though to show it.

Kyle

Yes sorry.......... Embarassed
Provided the custom form field data can be displayed in the playlist as I stated above, You would also need to edit the action script to add the new playlist variable and then edit the player to display the data and recompile the player.

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/08/11 15:43 
Well I have a flash editor where I can edit the action script, just not real sure how to do it, where do I find the xfpf.default.tpl so I can open it and try to figure this out?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/08/11 22:12 

beazyboy:
Well I have a flash editor where I can edit the action script, just not real sure how to do it, where do I find the xfpf.default.tpl so I can open it and try to figure this out?

You can get Jamroom player source files here........
http://www.jamroom.net/Downloads_Extras
And the action script files are included.

And depending on what player your using, you will need to edit one of the following playlist templates.
1. xfpf.default.tpl used for the Cobalt3 and Sage Players
2. nv_2.default.tpl used for the Nova Players
3. fb_2.default.tpl used for the Flashback Players

You can find those templates in the "Jamroom/include/plugins/jrPlaylist/" directory.

You will need to create a variable for your custom form field data in one of those playlist templates. This will make your custom form field data show up for each song in the playlist. But I'm not sure what that coding would be.
<customformfield>Coding to display your custom form data Here</customformfield>

Then you will need to edit the actionscript file to pull that Variable into the player when the song is played. There is coding in the action script that already does this for the other variables in the playlist template. So you already have built in examples in the actionscript itself.
customformfield

Then you will need to edit the player and create an object to display the data from your Variable which means you will also need to move some objects around inside the player to make room for your new data.

Then recompile the player and test it.

Hope this helps........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/08/11 23:31 
Wow , thanks for all the info greg ... so I'm gonna try this and see what happens.

beazyboy

Posted: 01/09/11 00:45 
So i am trying this out on the "Flash Player Code Creator" from admin>tools section, Trying to replace the <songlength>{$_media.length}</songlength> with <songlength>{$SONG_LICENCE}</songlength> (this is my custom song variable) because i could less about this field because it only displays the preview length anyways, this is in the xspf.default.tpl on line 48, hopefully i can avoid editing the action script this way... The song preview length is still being displayed even though i changed this variable, even tried completely removing it and it still displays? Maybe i can not test this using the Flash Player Code Creator? Thanks for all the Help!

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/09/11 10:48 

beazyboy:
So i am trying this out on the "Flash Player Code Creator" from admin>tools section, Trying to replace the <songlength>{$_media.length}</songlength> with <songlength>{$SONG_LICENCE}</songlength> (this is my custom song variable) because i could less about this field because it only displays the preview length anyways, this is in the xspf.default.tpl on line 48, hopefully i can avoid editing the action script this way... The song preview length is still being displayed even though i changed this variable, even tried completely removing it and it still displays? Maybe i can not test this using the Flash Player Code Creator? Thanks for all the Help!

Sorry, I haven't ever used the flash player code creater.... Sad
Although I believe it uses the "xspf.default.tpl" template to create the playlist for all the players on its list. But depending on the player, the <songlength> field may only display numbers. So you may have to check that field in the source files of the player your using first. And I'm not sure all of the players used in the code creater have the source files available for download to check with.

I would do your testing using the Nova (360x280) Player
And edit the <bandname>{$_media.band_name}</bandname> out of the "xspf.default.tpl" to test if your custom form data is even coming through to the player first. I'm sure that field is setup to displays both letter and numbers.

Let me know how it goes,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/26/11 01:28 
Just cannot figure it out, driving me bonkers... I completely deleted the play list templates hoping the player would then fail to work ... and it still worked , changed variables like putting media_band_id where media_band_name goes just to see if it would change anything and still nothing, This is becoming more trouble then its worth...

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/26/11 09:01 

beazyboy:
Just cannot figure it out, driving me bonkers... I completely deleted the play list templates hoping the player would then fail to work ... and it still worked , changed variables like putting media_band_id where media_band_name goes just to see if it would change anything and still nothing, This is becoming more trouble then its worth...

Are you still using the code creator??

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/26/11 09:38 
No I used nova like you said

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/26/11 10:29 

beazyboy:
No I used nova like you said

Sorry, I guess I'm confusing you Sad

What I meant was........
Use the code creator and use the Nova (360x280) Player thats in the code creator and then edit the "xspf.default.tpl" to test if your custom form data is even coming through to the player. The code creator uses the "xspf.default.tpl" so you will need to edit the <bandname>{$_media.band_name}</bandname> in the "xspf.default.tpl" and change the {$_media.band_name} to whatever code you need from your custom form field.

Then test the player and see if your form field data comes through.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
beazyboy

Posted: 01/26/11 14:13 
Are you still doing custom players? if so id like to see if there is a few options i could have you add if possible, Tried to PM you but it was disabled ... I cannot figure this out and its beyond my comprehension, Let me know, Thanks

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/26/11 15:22 

beazyboy:
Are you still doing custom players? if so id like to see if there is a few options i could have you add if possible, Tried to PM you but it was disabled ... I cannot figure this out and its beyond my comprehension, Let me know, Thanks

You can contact me at greg [at] jamroom.net

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons