Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Internal server error after successful install
griz

Posted: 08/28/03 16:19 
Hi, Griz here. Jamroom looks great, install went perfectly (via FTP and install.php). Everything works until I Generate HTML, then when I try to go to the site, I get Internal Server Error, The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. When I look at my error logs, there's this entry:

[Thu Aug 28 19:02:38 2003] [error] [client 12.254.215.172] Premature end of script headers: /home/griz/public_html/jamroom/bands/1/index.php

I have double checked my chmod permissions, they are set according to the install guide.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Griz

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/28/03 19:17 
griz -

it's really wierd that it would install correctly, but then give you that error (which usually means there is a syntax error in the script). I would try re-downloading it again, and copy over what is on your server with a new version of the scripts.

Let me know if that helps out. thanks!

- Brian

griz

Posted: 08/28/03 20:43 
I neglected to mention it, but I had already tried that when I posted. I deleted all the tables in the database, deleted the jamroom directory on the server, and FTP'd everything back up there. There was a difference between the first and second times, though, that I didn't mention. The first time, once I did the generate HTML nothing worked after that, not even the admin piece. All of it got the same error. I figured it was something wrong with my server, but other PHP stuff worked. So I did the reinstall and the second time, the admin piece continued to work, but the band pages got that error. Maybe the third time's the charm Smile

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/28/03 21:01 
griz -

something else I just thought of - make sure your FTP program you are using transfers all of the .php/.html/.tpl files over in "ASCII" mode (the image files should be transferred as binary or BIN). most FTP clients/servers can transfer ascii just fine in binary mode, but you never know. It could be corrupting something on the FTP transfer.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons